Vecch Watch!! Where does he go?

Cheesesteak

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

SWEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!

It doesn't hurt to sign a guy like this and see how he works out. Kind of like getting a free 3rd round pick or something. 

Before anyone gets too excited though, I read an article a few days ago saying that the best FA signing out of college over the last decade was Tyler Bozak. Bozaks not a bad player, but if he's the best signing in a decade....

2 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

It doesn't hurt to sign a guy like this and see how he works out. Kind of like getting a free 3rd round pick or something. 

Before anyone gets too excited though, I read an article a few days ago saying that the best FA signing out of college over the last decade was Tyler Bozak. Bozaks not a bad player, but if he's the best signing in a decade....

Sure but let's remember Adam Oates was one too...food for thought!!! He wasn't too shabby!

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sure but let's remember Adam Oates was one too...food for thought!!! He wasn't too shabby!

So was Dave Poulin...entirely different era though. The NCAA gets scouted a lot better now than back then. 

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

So was Dave Poulin...entirely different era though. The NCAA gets scouted a lot better now than back then. 

And Bozak might not be the best comparison. He played a total of like 70 college games and scored only 26 goals.

Mike has doubled up all his numbers. It's a free pick me likey no matter how it pans out it cost nada!

4 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Thanks I was just about to mention that!  Tim Kerr as well was an undrafted free agent.

11 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wow like i guessed he is about to join the Flyers for their playoff push and burn the one year this year WOW Hextall is going for it!!!

Flyers will retain his rights as an RFA.

I'd imagine he'll be sent to Lehigh Valley for their playoffs if *cough* the Flyers don't *cough* make the playoffs *cough*

1 minute ago, radoran said:

I'd imagine he'll be sent to Lehigh Valley for their playoffs if *cough* the Flyers don't *cough* make the playoffs *cough*

Yes of course.

But as of right now small or not the Flyers are alive still.

Bruins get 4 more points between now and the end of the season and it is over though...but till then...

5 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

I like his leadership experience but I am not going to gaga over ANOTHER 3rd line center.  Provides depth but he is a 3rd liner in the NHL...  nothing more IMO.

Smh GIF - Smh GIFs

Just now, murraycraven said:

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/QQZgTehcKrD2w" width="480" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/nicolas-cage-faceoff-slasher-smile-QQZgTehcKrD2w">via GIPHY</a></p>

I still can't see that either.

You must be on your phone. I hate posting on my damn phone!

Anyways i'm out headed to the gym. We'll talk smack later.

Peace. Go Flyers!!!

5 minutes ago, Cheesesteak said:

HOLY CRAP!   Is he really getting paid $925,000 to play just 5 games? 

tumblr_mahc3dKe431r8wy9io5_250.gif

I believe that gets prorated. I'm not sure if it is by game ($11,280.49/game) or by day of the season (not sure exactly how many that is...)

The $925K does become the base for his RFA qualifier which I believe would then be $971.25K (5% increase).

I can't find* if he's on a two-way deal or not.

* haven't looked very hard

Just now, radoran said:

I believe that gets prorated. I'm not sure if it is by game ($11,280.49/game) or by day of the season (not sure exactly how many that is...)

The $925K does become the base for his RFA qualifier which I believe would then be $971.25K (5% increase).

I can't find* if he's on a two-way deal or not.

* haven't looked very hard

Ya know, that makes sense....DUH.  :IDunnoSmiley:

Archived