Well this should be interesting

DaGreatGazoo

Well, well, well....let's see how this plays out.  

Report: Eichel won't re-up if Bylsma remains coach

Jack Eichel isn't willing to commit his future to the Buffalo Sabres as long as Dan Bylsma remains the team's coach, reports WGR 550's Paul Hamilton.

The 20-year-old Eichel just completed the second season of his three-year, entry-level contract.

Hamilton reports that the 2015 second overall pick in the National Hockey League Entry Draft had an end-of-the-season exit meeting with general manager Tim Murray last week and was candid in his assessment of a disappointing season in which the rebuilding Sabres finished dead last in the Atlantic Division with 33-37-12 record. They finished 17 points adrift of the Toronto Maple Leafs for the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.

Murray is expected to meeting with Sabres owners Terry and Kim Pegula in Florida on Wednesday.

Eichel has not hidden his displeasure with the team over his young NHL career.

“It’s been a mediocre two years,” Eichel told the Buffalo News in early April. “More than anything, it’s a bit disappointing, a bit embarrassing for us as players that we can’t be better for them. You want to please the fans because of all they’ve been through and all they continue to put up with. You just want to be better.”

Eichel continued on that theme during the team's final media availability of the season on April 10th.

"I think guys want to win but there is a difference between saying you want to win and actually wanting to win," Eichel said. "Putting the work in, dedicating your life to it. When you do that and it doesn’t work it is pretty frustrating.”

Last week, Murray noted that there would be a full review of the organization in the coming days and would not speculate on Bylsma's job security other than to offer that he currently remains coach.

“I am the general manager today, [Bylsma] is the coach today, I haven’t had any thoughts of firing him up to this point and the reason I always say today is something could happen tomorrow, so he’s the coach, yes," Murray said.

A native of North Chelmsford, Massachusetts, Eichel is arbitration-eligible after his fourth season in the NHL.

Eichel was the Sabres' leading scorer this season, despite missing 21 games with injury. In 61 games, Eichel tallied 24 goals and 33 assists.

Looks like Eichel is already winning this battle as Murray is having a full review. 

I think Murray is fully aware of Pittsburgh's experience with Blysma and captain Sid. Sid won that one.

What makes this even more interesting is the decision also for the next captain of the Sabres .... Eichel or O'Rielly ?

First, I see no direct quotes by Eichel saying that Bylsma has to go, so I'm taking this all with a grain of salt.

Secondly, if I'm Murray, even if I was going to fire Bylsma (whom he shouldn't have hired in the first place, Nolan was doing a fine job with the drek he was provided), he's coming back next year after this (assuming it's true). I don't give a crap that you are very good at hockey. Or that you are the "future of the franchise." You don't get to dictate to me the management of the hockey team. If I cave here, then you will try to dictate something else later on. You won't sign an extension? Fine. Then we go into next year with you still under contract. You don't want to sign after that? Well, I have exclusive rights to match anything anyone else signs you to. Do you really want to skip a full year of hockey to become an unrestricted free agent? Bring it on.

Ah, another teams players not happy with DFB(Dan Friggin Bylsma).   Let me recap my thought's on DFB from my experiences of him in Pittsburgh. 

1) Had no ability whatsoever to modify his game plan. Apparently if its not working, you're not doing it right. This does not only pertain to in game adjustments, but in series adjustments during the playoffs.  One of his favorite sayings for bad games, "We just didn't get to our game".

2) His game plan reduces his best players to plug in grinders.  He will not release the better players offensively.

3) Was completely inept at handling young players, and preferred experience over youth and energy.  He quite frequently penalized younger players for mistakes on the ice while letting older players slide for the same mistakes. 

4) Uses player analytics way too much in post game evaluations. I think the evaluations always favored the veteran players. 

Quite frankly, DFB's a career minor league coach who came into a great situation for 4 months and is cashing in on that period of time.  He is NOT the kind of coach that  I would use to rebuild a young franchise because he has NO idea how to identify and use young talent correctly.  He would rather force players into his rigid boring system than use their natural abilities. 

Not a fan of Disco Dan...but IF Eichel is already calling shots on coaches he sounds like a bit of a prima donna. If that's the case and I'm Bylsma and I know my days are numbered, I'm saying I won't re-sign with Buffalo unless Eichel stops trying to look like Ronald McDonald. :IDunnoSmiley:

This just in!

From...errr, somewhere:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ThisJustIn

Jack Eichel is re-signed to a MAX contract, in addition, is made team captain.............. as well as head coach, special teams coach, assistant GM, and part time talent evaluator for the Sabres!

He WOULD have been made full GM as well, but Buffalo felt that "may have been a bit much to have him do" at such an early stage in his career.....

More on this story as it is being made up........... :shifty:

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

This just in!

From...errr, somewhere:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ThisJustIn

Jack Eichel is re-signed to a MAX contract, in addition, is made team captain.............. as well as head coach, special teams coach, assistant GM, and part time talent evaluator for the Sabres!

He WOULD have been made full GM as well, but Buffalo felt that "may have been a bit much to have him do" at such an early stage in his career.....

More on this story as it is being made up........... :shifty:

Read more  

you forgot he would become majority owner of the Sabres .... :smileyandcomputer:

52 minutes ago, DaGreatGazoo said:

Well, THAT didn't take long!!

General Manager Tim Murray and Head Coach Dan Bylsma have been relieved of their duties.

LOL  ( I guess where there was smoke there was fire)

On 4/19/2017 at 1:19 PM, hf101 said:

Looks like Eichel is already winning this battle as Murray is having a full review. 

I think Murray is fully aware of Pittsburgh's experience with Blysma and captain Sid. Sid won that one.

What makes this even more interesting is the decision also for the next captain of the Sabres .... Eichel or O'Rielly ?

They probably want Eichel to be captain, but it would be crazy to not give it to O'Reilly.

Archived