Matt Niskanen, OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!!

There FlyerRod, I put the thread up for you.   Actually, probably better to have a separate thread for this anyway. 

I actually think most rationally Pens fans(Yes, there are a few of us) did not see this as an intentional thing by Niskanen.  In today's NHL you are allowed to crosscheck players hard in the back, even though still illegal. The problem was that Nisky committed to that hard crosscheck in the back, went for it and then followed the puck away from the play without seeing Crosby going down.    Don't get me wrong, and he's admitted it, he meant to crosscheck him, but just not that hard and not in the head.   I actually believe him, he did not attempt a head shot. 

off.gif

6 hours ago, Adamflyers said:

Covered up poor Nisky, all while leaving that good old beacon of virtue and clean hockey, Matt Cooke, proudly displayed for all to see! :eyeroll:

Seriously...who the hell has that douchebags name on their helmet?

Previous playoff meltdowns aside, Fleurys been a good goalie and seems like an even better person...but that's just wrong.

7 hours ago, Adamflyers said:

Covered up poor Nisky, all while leaving that good old beacon of virtue and clean hockey, Matt Cooke, proudly displayed for all to see! :eyeroll:

I don't understand why you dislike Matt Cooke? He was only an instigator! :hocky:

1 hour ago, notfondajane said:

I don't understand why you dislike Matt Cooke? He was only an instigator! :hocky:

Come on Jane, let em work for it.  Don't just tee it up for them!

41 minutes ago, B21 said:

@nossagog

No truth to the rumor that the Pens passed these out to the first 10,000 fans...

th?id=OIF.%2BcEIppscybiJEemS0Gf%2Fiw&pid

Now THAT's funny, I don't care who you are!

Crosby's first official comments on the play:

"(Ovechkin) is just trying to prevent a goal. That's a pretty common play," Crosby said. "There are different levels of how hard, but that's standard as far as going to the net with the puck, guys are trying to prevent you from shooting.

"The other play (with Niskanen) is hard to say. I'm not going to sit here and guess. It's not one that happens too often."

Sounds like he's just writing it off as a hockey play. 

Archived