Spencer Foo

brelic

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if the Flyers are trying to sign him, they must have a reason and some kind of plan. Homer would have pursued just because, but Hextall seems a bit more strategic. 

19 minutes ago, brelic said:

Well if the Flyers are trying to sign him, they must have a reason and some kind of plan. Homer would have pursued just because, but Hextall seems a bit more strategic. 

yup because we all know Hexy is looking towards the Foo-ture.  ;)  (sorry could not resist)

30 minutes ago, brelic said:

The plan to have eight 4th liners instead of seven 4th liners?

3 hours ago, murraycraven said:

Unless Hextall unloads another player I just can't see this happening.   Where would he fit on the roster?

Vegas would have to take Raffl and Hextall would have to unload/buy out Read. Maybe PEB and Weise become 13th and 14th men in the press box?  

There's also a chance #2 doesn't make the team this year, so that could make room.   Either way Read and Filppula are gone next year (though Rubstov is lurking).  

I think ultimately, if you think the player is worth it, you try to get him.  Room can be made.  Is he worth the trouble though?  I know little about him.  Also, can you compete with Connor McDavid?  

21 minutes ago, brelic said:

Who knows?

29 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

The plan to have eight 4th liners instead of seven 4th liners?

If Vegas takes Raffl:

Lindblom  Giroux  Voracek

TK  Couturier  Schenn

#2 <-->  Filppula   Simmonds 

Weal  Vecchione  Foo

PEB Read 

The biggest problem with this is it makes your 4th line small (or at least not heavy).  A Commitment to Foo would essentially be a decision to roll with 4 production lines and the abandonment of an out and out checking line.  

Frankly I'm good with this.  The out and out checking line feels out of date in today's NHL.  Watching the way the Oilers and Maple Leafs skated, in the playoffs, it really feels like thats the future of the league. So a 4th line with Vex, Weals and Foo wouldn't need to check, they'd exhaust their opponents with their skates.  

This sounds absolutely bonkers to many I know, but the addition of Knoblauch makes it a tad more feasible in my view. 

Ultimately, I don't see it happening but it would be nice to think about rolling with 3 lines that roll 16 minutes and one that rolls 12 (instead of the 6-7 mins they play now) is appealing to me.

2 minutes ago, King Knut said:

If Vegas takes Raffl:

Lindblom  Giroux  Voracek

TK  Couturier  Schenn

#2 <-->  Filppula   Simmonds 

Weal  Vecchione  Foo

PEB Read 

The biggest problem with this is it makes your 4th line small (or at least not heavy).  A Commitment to Foo would essentially be a decision to roll with 4 production lines and the abandonment of an out and out checking line.  

Frankly I'm good with this.  A 4th with Vex, Weals and Foo wouldn't need to check, they'd exhaust their opponents with their skates.  

This sounds absolutely bonkers to many I know, but the addition of Knoblauch makes it a tad more feasible in my view. 

Ultimately, I don't see it happeningm but it would be nice to think about rolling with 3 lines that roll 16 minutes and one that rolls 12 (instead of the 6-7 mins they play now) is appealing to me.

I think it can be strongly assumed that fill in the blank will be Patrick or Hischier.

Just now, FD19372 said:

I think it can be strongly assumed that fill in the blank will be Patrick or Hischier.

I don't think Nico is NHL-ready. Not sure Patrick is even...

4 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

I don't think Nico is NHL-ready. Not sure Patrick is even...

I would have said the same about TK last year.  

Most seem to think Patrick is though.

I'm not sure either will get much out of another year of Juniors, I fear that they won't even put on the weight you'd want playing in juniors, but them's the rules.  Essentially, they'll have to earn their spot just like everyone else.  I just have a sneaky feeling that if they're ready, Hextall is going to be willing to make sacrifices that he might not have before (i.e. Read, Raffl, Weise, PEB, VDV).  Most of them are incredibly serviceable (I said MOST), but competition should be more fierce and if PEB and Weise or Read are the press box fill in guys you can fall back on when the rookies fall apart, then so be it. 

2 hours ago, brelic said:

That's not what I'm saying. With Lindblom, TK, and Patrick/Hischier, maybe that makes Simmonds and Schenn attractive trade bait for Hextall to get something he feels helps this team along. 

I can see Schenn becoming tradebait in the next couple seasons. In fact, I have a feeling this season is a make or break one for him. It's not so much a knock on his ability as it is other players who are likely to make him more valuable as a trade chip than as a player. If he's going to be slotted in the bottom six again this year, I have a hard time thinking he'll be around much longer...

As far as Simmonds goes, I pity the Foo who tries to make that happen.

13 minutes ago, King Knut said:

I would have said the same about TK last year.  

Most seem to think Patrick is though.

I'm not sure either will get much out of another year of Juniors, I fear that they won't even put on the weight you'd want playing in juniors, but them's the rules.  Essentially, they'll have to earn their spot just like everyone else.  I just have a sneaky feeling that if they're ready, Hextall is going to be willing to make sacrifices that he might not have before (i.e. Read, Raffl, Weise, PEB, VDV).  Most of them are incredibly serviceable (I said MOST), but competition should be more fierce and if PEB and Weise or Read are the press box fill in guys you can fall back on when the rookies fall apart, then so be it. 

You may be right. We shall see. There's rumours today that the Debs want a D-man and may take Heiskanen.

1 minute ago, Podein25 said:

You may be right. We shall see. There's rumours today that the Debs want a D-man and may take Heiskanen.

I'm not a scout, so this is based purely on limited exposure, but if that goes down, I'd probably take Nico and stowe him in juniors for a year and make Dallas extremely happy.   But I really don't know enough to say.

2 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Yeah I read that somewhere today ....... Give Hexy the choice of either Nico or Patrick .......

7 minutes ago, elmatus said:

I can see Schenn becoming tradebait in the next couple seasons. In fact, I have a feeling this season is a make or break one for him. It's not so much a knock on his ability as it is other players who are likely to make him more valuable as a trade chip than as a player. If he's going to be slotted in the bottom six again this year, I have a hard time thinking he'll be around much longer...

As far as Simmonds goes, I pity the Foo who tries to make that happen.

p185268_b_v8_aa.jpgIndeed.

Archived