Spencer Foo

brelic

Could it happen? Would it help?

Jim Matheson‏ @NHLbyMatty  Jun 13
More
 Unless there's another NHL club free-agent RW Spencer Foo's eying, he's almost surely going to sign with the hometown Oilers or Philly.

Now saying he we will wait until after expansion draft to sign, and that it's down to four teams. I think it's EDM, Philly, LA, and Detroit.

We do have Ghost and Vecchione, which might help lure him over. But, where would he even fit on our roster?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, brelic said:

Now saying he we will wait until after expansion draft to sign, and that it's down to four teams. I think it's EDM, Philly, LA, and Detroit.

We do have Ghost and Vecchione, which might help lure him over. But, where would he even fit on our roster?

Hey Spencer, welcome to the Flyers....ever play goal?

13 minutes ago, brelic said:

Seems pretty unlikely to me. There's just no room. I mean, I'm all for offloading any or all of the dead ends we've got in the forward corps, but I have a hard time seeing how Hex could do that even if he wanted to. We could sign Foo, but he'd probably end up riding the AHL wave. I'm not sure he'd want that. Another tough call...

RW, 62 points in 38 games (basically same as Vecchione), but a few inches taller than MV (6' vs 5'10"), 23 years old.

If they land a guy like Foo, maybe it opens up the possibility for trading Simmonds or Schenn for a 2018 1st rounder, signalling a true departure from the old guard?

9 minutes ago, brelic said:

Foo, maybe it opens up the possibility for trading Simmonds or Schenn for a 2018 1st rounder, signalling a true departure from the old guard?

Foo is not gonna replace, or come anywhere near replacing, either of those guys production.   A 3rd or 4th liner in the NHL.

Just now, murraycraven said:

Foo is not gonna replace, or come anywhere near replacing, either of those guys production.   A 3rd or 4th liner in the NHL.

That's not what I'm saying. With Lindblom, TK, and Patrick/Hischier, maybe that makes Simmonds and Schenn attractive trade bait for Hextall to get something he feels helps this team along. 

30 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

If he is a scrapper whoever he fights, would you call that person a Foo fighter?:VeryCool:

Too easy.

There is so much potential for tomfoolery here. If he ever wins a fight in dominant fashion, can we say he Foo'd up his opponent? When he scores a second goal will it be Fooing ridiculous?

12 minutes ago, brelic said:

RW, 62 points in 38 games (basically same as Vecchione), but a few inches taller than MV (6' vs 5'10"), 23 years old.

If they land a guy like Foo, maybe it opens up the possibility for trading Simmonds or Schenn for a 2018 1st rounder, signalling a true departure from the old guard?

That's just Fooey. I don't do that until I know this kid can play on an NHL level. If he can't, you just threw away a good NHL player for nothing.

2 minutes ago, brelic said:

That's not what I'm saying. With Lindblom, TK, and Patrick/Hischier, maybe that makes Simmonds and Schenn attractive trade bait for Hextall to get something he feels helps this team along. 

I would have to be absolutely blown away to give up Simmonds. Schenn on the other hand...

3 minutes ago, brelic said:

gotcha.... sorry, I read it as you were saying Foo could step in for one of them.   :cheers:

38 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

If he is a scrapper whoever he fights, would you call that person a Foo fighter?:VeryCool:

Too easy.

Or maybe if he fought someone they could play Kung Foo Fighting during the fight!!!!  :haha:

Hell, I say sign him just for the name.... he cant be worse than VDV right!?!?

200.webp#8-grid1

1 minute ago, murraycraven said:

Or maybe if he fought someone they could play Kung Foo Fighting during the fight!!!!  :haha:

A lamp post can't be worse than VDV.

3 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

200.webp#8-grid1

Throw in some Foo Fighters!

Archived