Development camp invitees

brelic

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are a lot of prospect that should be feeling the heat from guys who will be pouring in a year from now....

Leier

Laughton

Aube-Kubel

Martel

Fazleev

Time to have a great year....Laughton will be the one pressured the most.

Phantoms will be getting a fresh injection next year through out the roster and spots will be limited....

Side note: I saw Hextall watch the goalies and the Defensemen. Hakstol was watching the D. I didn't see either out to watch either forward group when I was in the rink.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

There are a lot of prospect that should be feeling the heat from guys who will be pouring in a year from now....

Leier

Laughton

Aube-Kubel

Martel

Fazleev

Time to have a great year....Laughton will be the one pressured the most.

Phantoms will be getting a fresh injection next year through out the roster and spots will be limited....

There are quite a few prospects who are in danger of being squeezed out of the org.\

Defense David Drake : It seems like he has been here forever, well....probably cause he has been a prospect for 4 years and running. A 7th rounder from all the way back in 2013!  I think he still has a year left at the University of Connecticut.  The thing that cements Drake being released....he's listed at a HILARIOUS 6'3 and 154 Lbs....wtf, you are drafted 4 years ago and still can't crack 155....LMAO! He probably can't gain weight, which makes him a non starter at 6'3.....he would make Manute Bol look like a champion body builder!!

Center Cooper Marody :  ....no real rush here, the Flyers have control over him for the next two years due to his NCAA status. The problem is the Flyers offensive depth at Center. There are only 4 center spots on the Phantoms, and right about when he is set to graduate the Flyers will have a TON of AHL eligible C's (two years from now.) He might get squeezed out into the ECHL Reading franchise. Can't make everyone into a winger. I don't know what his role was in Michigan, but he NEEDS to step it UP on offense. Not impressive numbers at all. 

Defense Terrance Amoroso : Yet another 2013 drafted prospect. Terrance was drafted 2 rounds before Duke in 2013. No immediate rush, he still has a full year left at Clarkson University, but the stats are not there and you will need more than "strong skater" to make this team in 2018. 

3 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

There are quite a few prospects who are in danger of being squeezed out of the org.\

Defense David Duke : It seems like he has been here forever, well....probably cause he has been a prospect for 4 years and running. A 7th rounder from all the way back in 2013!  I think he still has a year left at the University of Connecticut.  The thing that cements Drake being released....he's listed at a HILARIOUS 6'3 and 154 Lbs....wtf, you are drafted 4 years ago and still can't crack 155....LMAO! He probably can't gain weight, which makes him a non starter at 6'3.....he would make Manute Bol look like a champion body builder!!

You mean David Drake, right? Not the KKK guy?

6 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Defense David Duke : It seems like he has been here forever, well....probably cause he has been a prospect for 4 years and running. A 7th rounder from all the way back in 2013!  I think he still has a year left at the University of Connecticut.  The thing that cements Drake being released....he's listed at a HILARIOUS 6'3 and 154 Lbs....wtf, you are drafted 4 years ago and still can't crack 155....LMAO! He probably can't gain weight, which makes him a non starter at 6'3.....he would make Manute Bol look like a champion body builder!!

Center Cooper Marody :  ....no real rush here, the Flyers have control over him for the next two years due to his NCAA status. The problem is the Flyers offensive depth at Center. There are only 4 center spots on the Phantoms, and right about when he is set to graduate the Flyers will have a TON of AHL eligible C's (two years from now.) He might get squeezed out into the ECHL Reading franchise. Can't make everyone into a winger. I don't know what his role was in Michigan, but he NEEDS to step it UP on offense. Not impressive numbers at all. 

Defense Terrance Amoroso : Yet another 2013 drafted prospect. Terrance was drafted 2 rounds before Duke in 2013. No immediate rush, he still has a full year left at Clarkson University, but the stats are not there and you will need more than "strong skater" to make this team in 2018. 

The two college Dmen may get signed after this season to restock the Phantoms next year.

In Drake's defense not sure where he is listed at 154 must be a typo but he has grown to 6-6 200 pounds which is still skinny.

College kids you get till their last year of college and in Marody's case i don't know much about.

20 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

The two college Dmen may get signed after this season to restock the Phantoms next year.

In Drake's defense not sure where he is listed at 154 must be a typo but he has grown to 6-6 200 pounds which is still skinny.

College kids you get till their last year of college and in Marody's case i don't know much about.

I just wonder just how many AHL spots will be open when these guys become Phantom eligible. They are not doing much to make themselves stand out in a crowd. 

A few prospects have peaked my curiosity. 

Left Winger Brendan Warren was the primary return for Nick Cousins and Derrick Madsen (along with a 5th rounder in 2018). 

He's teammates with fellow Flyers prospect Cooper Marody at the University of Michigan. He was Arizona's 3rd round pick in 2015 81st overall. He did dip in pts from 17 to 10 last year, BUT you don't make the USA Gold medal winning team at the World Jr's unless you are super talented. He has won a World Jr's Gold and a NCAA championship. I wanna find out some more on this kid. 

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=208973

Defensemen David Bernhardt had a VERY strong World Jr Championship for Sweden. He was mobile, seemed to like initiating contact, nice offensive flair, smooth skating stride. I think he might be our most underrated prospect, not mentioned because of the Big 4 and even overshadowed by Mark Freedman. This kid is legit. One of those guys that always seems to be in the right place and the right time and the puck seems to follow him around. Nice shot from the point also, AND can run a pp. This kid WILL make the NHL someday, don't know when or with who, but he's gonna have a nice career. 

Nice size also, 6'3 and 203, only 19 still filling out. 

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=187875

With the drafting of Anthony Salinitri, my hometown of Windsor, Ontario now has 4 Flyers they can call their own.

Windsor born Flyers

1)Tim Kerr

2)Andy Delmore

3)Eric Wellwood

4)Anthony Salinitri

What are the odds that a city of 200,000 can supply an individual NHL team with 4 players? 

1 hour ago, jammer2 said:

A few prospects have peaked my curiosity. 

Left Winger Brendan Warren was the primary return for Nick Cousins and Derrick Madsen (along with a 5th rounder in 2018). 

He's teammates with fellow Flyers prospect Cooper Marody at the University of Michigan. He was Arizona's 3rd round pick in 2015 81st overall. He did dip in pts from 17 to 10 last year, BUT you don't make the USA Gold medal winning team at the World Jr's unless you are super talented. He has won a World Jr's Gold and a NCAA championship. I wanna find out some more on this kid. 

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=208973

Defensemen David Bernhardt had a VERY strong World Jr Championship for Sweden. He was mobile, seemed to like initiating contact, nice offensive flair, smooth skating stride. I think he might be our most underrated prospect, not mentioned because of the Big 4 and even overshadowed by Mark Freedman. This kid is legit. One of those guys that always seems to be in the right place and the right time and the puck seems to follow him around. Nice shot from the point also, AND can run a pp. This kid WILL make the NHL someday, don't know when or with who, but he's gonna have a nice career. 

Nice size also, 6'3 and 203, only 19 still filling out. 

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=187875

This Dman camp invite Simon Loof a 6-2 190 right handed Swede could earn a ELC this offseason and steal one of the two college Dmen's spot (Drake/Amarosa) guess we'll see.

He can play for the Phantoms this season if he earns a contract.

5 hours ago, jammer2 said:

I'm wondering if the pdf I posted just omitted Morin and Hagg, or perhaps it was done on purpose by the Flyers brass. It makes sense, they both are AHL vets and they know what they can do. Even omitting these two, the Flyers still had 11 dmen invited...my guess is they just want to concentrate on guys who are kind of an unknown quantity. 

I believe one can only do the development camps for 4 years. 

1 hour ago, hf101 said:

I believe one can only do the development camps for 4 years. 

Even with that knowledge in hand, there are some puzzling omissions. 

1)3rd round pick in 2016  RW Carsen Twarynski from the WHL's Calgary Hitmen.

2)7th round pick from 2015 Goalie Ivan Fedotov

3)3rd round pick from 2013 Tyrell Goulbourne RW from Phantoms....ah, ok...last year w4as his 4th Dev camp.

4)2015 UFA signing Danick Martel

5)2015 UFA signing Cole Bardeau

Anyone know if these guys are still in the org?

Reese Wilcox 3rd rounder 2013

Valeri Vasilyev 7th rounder from 2012

Jesper Petterson 2015 7th rounder 

Reese Wilcox is currently on his last year with an ELC -- Phantoms I'll assume.  Same for Cole Bardeau,  and Danick Martel  see CapFriendly.com

Just now, jammer2 said:

Even with that knowledge in hand, there are some puzzling omissions. 

1)3rd round pick in 2016  RW Carsen Twarynski from the WHL's Calgary Hitmen.

Twarynski was there. He's in one of the shooting vids.

Just now, jammer2 said:

2)7th round pick from 2015 Goalie Ivan Fedotov

Tough to get Russians over. I think the KHL is already ramping up its season at this point.

Just now, jammer2 said:

3)3rd round pick from 2013 Tyrell Goulbourne RW from Phantoms....ah, ok...last year w4as his 4th Dev camp.

4)2015 UFA signing Danick Martel

5)2015 UFA signing Cole Bardeau

Anyone know if these guys are still in the org?

Reese Wilcox 3rd rounder 2013

Valeri Vasilyev 7th rounder from 2012

Jesper Petterson 2015 7th rounder 

Vasiliev plays in the KHL. Flyers own his rights indefinitely.

Petterson went back overseas this offseason.

8 hours ago, jammer2 said:

First time I can EVER remember when I could make an entire team out of "legit" Flyers prospects

1st Line

Oskar Lindblom/Nolan Patrick/Wade Allison

2nd line

Issac Ratcliffe/German Rubtsov/Nicholas Abe-Kubel

3rd line

Mike Vecchoine/Pascal Leberge/Matthew Strome

4th line

Ivan Kosorenko/Connor Bunnaman/Noah Cates

Defense

1st pairing

Samuel Morin/ Philippe Myers

2nd pairing

Travis Sanheim/Mark Freedman

3rd Pairing

David Bernhardt/Linus Hoberg

Goalies

1)Carter Hart

2)Felix Sandstrom

3)Alex Lyon

4)Anthony Stolarz

What an amazing group when you look at them with lines and pairings! 

First time EVER Flyers ACTUALLY have 10 LEGIT Center prospects...

Ranking them long term...

1)Patrick Nolan...future potential star, all round ace, leader

2)German Rubtsov....1st rounder oozes talent

3)Connor Bunnaman...real life diamond in the rough....big, fast and smart with WICKED hands

4)Pascal Leberge....had a solid year in QHL. 

5)Mikhail Vorobyev....really like what this kid brings, obvious offensvie skills and very shifty/sneaky/smarts. Will play in the NHL. 

6)Morgan Frost....hard to rank this years late 1st rounder this low, but it's a testament to the Flyers SICK Center depth. 

7)Radek Fazleev....in danger of being passed by this latest round of talent, MUST impress in camp this year. 

8)Tanner Laczynski.....looked solid representing the USA in Dec's World Junior Tourny. Nice skater, vision up the ying/yang.

9)David Kase....kinda under the gun, another in danger of being passed over, but the skill is undeniable.

10)Anthony Salinitri....VERY respectable for being at the bottom of a top 10 list of C prospects. 

All of these Center prospects have things that act as a common denominators...

Smart......very aware of surroundings, ability to anticipate

Fast......all above average skaters....some elite.

Ability to utilize linemates properly

Tenacious competitors...all willing to take hits to keep the play alive. 

All strong on the forecheck. 

Most respectable in their own zone.

It appears Hexy has a certain template when it comes to stocking the cupboard!!

This brings up an interesting question. In the age of cap control, how do you plan to win a Stanley Cup? It appears that the Flyers plan is to do an excellent job of scouting, having detailed prospect focused development, and keep the pipe-line full, to overflowing. Everything is geared towards always improving the product on the ice. In the cap-era an advantage of this strategy is obvious, a pipeline of very talented hockey players allows the team to selectively trade players, if and when, their contracts are too expensive in the overall team picture. So you end up trading relatively older, more expensive players for draft picks and other favorable offerings, and replace them with less expensive options. Thus you buy cheap and sell high.

It takes a unique set of circumstances to bring this to fruition: ownership with very deep pockets, willingness to invest heavily in scouting and development, and a long-term view of what is takes to run a very successful team. It appears that the Flyers have this. They appear to have relentless, broad reaching,knowledgeable scouting, and  day-to-day management with patience and the sense to not deviate from the big picture-plan, but is aware of the importance of always having competitive product on the ice. Good coach and assistants. Although it remains to seen how good a coach that is, in this model a former college coach might have an advantage, in the he is experienced in having players from two to five years. They also need very dedicated, intelligent, patient, affluent, fan following. The Flyers appear to have this.

The plan appears solid. The future is bright. The only questions remain regarding coaching and is the fan base willing to view every player as replaceable, and not fall in love with a specific player?

On 7/9/2017 at 6:35 AM, jammer2 said:

First time I can EVER remember when I could make an entire team out of "legit" Flyers prospects

PREFACE: JUST PUTTING GUYS SOMEWHERE NOT REALLY PREDICTING WHERE THEY WILL END UP!!!!

So looking ahead in a few years when the Flyers have traded their high priced forwards for many 1st round picks the Flyers could look as such...... 

Lindblom-Patrick-Konecny

Rubtsov-Frost-Allison

Ratcliffe-Bunnaman-Aube-Kubel

Twarynski-Vecchione-Laczynski

And this is just an example i have no way of know who will make it but then you still have guys and where they end up...

Laberge

Vorobyev

Strome

Kase

Cates

Marody

Salinitri

Lycksell

-------------------------

Not to mention the guys they have now in flux....

Laughton

Leier

Martel

Fazleev

All i can say is the Phantoms will be stacked.

That is a hell of a lineup i think. Flyers have so many centers some will have to be moved to wing.

So Flyers are at 40 contracts and Rubtsov and Laberge's will slide once they are sent back to juniors.

So there is plenty of room to sign Kosorenkov i would think certainly worth the gamble.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/story/sports/nhl/flyers/flyer-files/2017/07/10/why-ivan-kosorenkov-has-most-gain-flyers-development-camp/463687001/

Can never had too much talent.

Archived