Radulov is only about $$$$$

Radulov really needs to find a team in Russia willing to pay his demands to play hockey.  I really hope no NHL owner signs him this year.

It took a bit for the tweets to emerge but putting them together they only tell one story of this greedy bastard.  Unfortunately, I can't find the tweet of the video with Radulov at the end that says he was going home.  

In a series of tweets here it is.

tweet 1

tweet 2

tweet 3

tweet 4

tweet 5

"I hope that Hudon will cause a (...) surprise and he can help us replace purposes that either Alex scored or Radu scored."

and last from Radulov's agent.

"We are considering proposals with a contract term, definitely, more than three years, I think, even five to six years. Of course, everything will depend on finance. For three years they can offer such money that a longer agreement will not be needed. We are negotiating with four clubs right now. Maybe there will be more of them, because we have not yet gone to some teams."

https://www.championat.com/hockey/news-2841652-agent-radulova-rasmatrivaem-predlozhenija-na-5-6-let-obschaemsja-s-4-komandami-nhl.html

Yesterday it was stated there were 10-11 teams interested.   .... and Radulov was on his way back to Russia... 

I guess Carey Price got all the $$$$$.   lol

Bon débarras

23 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

He's only following two teams on Twitter. Montreal and Philly.

Wow. I hope that doesn't mean that he may come here. I wouldn't mind his production, but I don't want him. 

Just now, ruxpin said:

Wow. I hope that doesn't mean that he may come here. I wouldn't mind his production, but I don't want him. 

Well, on the bright side, there's no way he fits right now

8 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I'm not understanding? Could you please explain why you don't want him, if the production is there?

21 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

I'm not understanding? Could you please explain why you don't want him, if the production is there?

We're trying to soft tank here!   Aren't you paying attention?

@notfondajane

I don't know if what the Flyers are doing could be considered "tanking". They have drafted well for the last 3 years, now they are making room for some of the picks to earn spots in the NHL. Truthfully there isn't/wasn't anyone in free agency that would make the Flyers serious cup contenders.

Next year's draft is thought to be deeper and have better top end players than the one just finished.  Hextall has a bunch of picks in hand.  

This seems to me to be the ideal time to "let the kids play", if they play well (perhaps overachieve) and the Flyers make the playoffs, awesome. If they struggle and have growing pains and the team misses the tournament, there are a lot of picks and maybe a top ten pick in a nice draft adds another decent building block.

We have seen the Sixers execute the tank, no one really likes it, what the Flyers are doing isn't close to the hot mess they share the building with.

I  agree the Flyers have drafted well! I'm a firm believer of building a team from within! (Thru the draft). Missing the playoffs next year just might be a good thing.

I guessing the Flyers will be a contender at the start of the next decade! I'm  hoping the Pens are still at the top of there game then.

1 hour ago, notfondajane said:

I was thinking the Flyers weren't like the others, they would not or could not tank!

Well yes.  But in typical Flyers' fashion, we wait until the rest of the league has moved on to a more effective plan.

25 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Well yes.  But in typical Flyers' fashion, we wait until the rest of the league has moved on to a more effective plan.

This is the thing. Eventually you have to get to the stage when you know when, or even if, these players in the system are going to be strong contributors here.They are always lagging behind in some respects. On another note, if you look at Flyers history, we have always been a step behind trending themes in the league. Take for example, when the Legion of Doom was in their heyday. Everybody else was playing a trap system, and while being physical to some degree, was utilizing speed more than anything else. The Flyers refused that (as well as did not want to shell out $$$ for a quality goalie), and lost their chance to contend. The point is, the question really remains - does the organization really what it takes to WIN, or do they want to win still doing things "the Flyer way"? 

Archived