Radulov signs in Dallas: 5 years 6.25mil per year

And the long nightmare that is the Canadiens offseason continues. They lost radulov and signed Hemsky. It goes along with the rest of the offseason in which the Habs have instantly in the blink of an eye went from being semi-cup contenders to being irrelevant. So far:

Lost:

radulov

Sergachev

Beaulieu

Emelin

Nesterov

Galchenyuk, a potential top line winger for a decade is on the block because he has the audacity to not be a center.

Possibly Markov, if not they will have to overpay as they are essentially bidding against themselves.

Signed Price to an insanely long term deal.

Added

Drouin

Hemsky

Alzner

Schlemko

Schlemko is a slug, Alzner has zero offensive ability (although he is one Hell of a solid stay at home guy) Hemsky has a good six weeks every two or three years, Drouin may be forced to play 1C which is way out of his weight class.

The Canadiens have given the world a six week course on how to rip apart a division champion in a few easy lessons.

15 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Radulov would have ended up bringing home almost $1 million less if he signed the same deal in Montreal.

On 7/3/2017 at 4:19 PM, MadDevil said:

Hey Marc, there's this Russian guy who the Devils have the rights to. Would you like to give us Galchenyuk for him?:VeryCool:

That ship sailed back to the K.

I gotta think the Devils dropped the ball badly on that one, he wanted to come back, the Devils owned his rights and couldnt work out a trade, next year he can come back as an UFA with the Devils getting nothing for him. I believe that the Devils should have been more aggressive in moving him out. Next year Kovalchuk will return and the Devils will get squat.

On 7/3/2017 at 4:19 PM, MadDevil said:

Hey Marc, there's this Russian guy who the Devils have the rights to. Would you like to give us Galchenyuk for him?:VeryCool:

He is staying in the KHL another year....oh well......

5 hours ago, yave1964 said:

I gotta think the Devils dropped the ball badly on that one, he wanted to come back, the Devils owned his rights and couldnt work out a trade, next year he can come back as an UFA with the Devils getting nothing for him. I believe that the Devils should have been more aggressive in moving him out. Next year Kovalchuk will return and the Devils will get squat.

His rumored contract demands (3 years and at least 6.5 million per year) likely limited which teams were interested. Not many contenders have the cap space, which leads me to think they were asking for the Devils to retain salary. Which probably led to Shero asking for enough to make it worth trading him, teams wouldn't meet the price, so the primadonna goes back to Russia for another year. I also don't know how much he really wanted to come back and how much of it was just a ploy to get another nice payday from either an NHL team or the KHL.

Archived