Gostisbehere feels 'explosive' again

After maybe to much early success maybe the struggles have lined up his head now with his body.

He is healthy to now which helps too.

I expect a good year for him.

I think Sam Morin would be a great partner for him an offensive guy with a stay at home who can actually skate.

I hope they can rekindle their chemistry they had with the Phantoms.

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

After maybe to much early success maybe the struggles have lined up his head now with his body.

I think Sam Morin would be a great partner for him an offensive guy with a stay at home who can actually skate.

Did Ghost and Morin play together a good amount with the Phantoms?

3 minutes ago, elmatus said:

Did Ghost and Morin play together a good amount with the Phantoms?

Yes they did.

Until Mcdud was waived.

Then he was ruined paired with him. IIRC.  But i wouldn't say a lot but i do remember Bob Rotruck tweeting how good he and Sam looked. But i could be thinking about his first year was at the end of the year for only 5 games.

Can't say for sure. Just remember some fans saying get him away from Mcdud.

4 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Morin and Gostisbehere are going to make a great pairing

I agree.

Ghost just needs someone who can skate up ice for support with him, yet get back and cover when he pinches and it ends up going the other way on a turnover or something Sam has the wheels and reach to get back and breaks a rush up (he really hasn't had that in NHL yet).

These guys could be lethal playing off each other.

Ghost being healthy would be fantastic. Hopefully, he's not on quite as tight a leash as he was last year, as well.

I get Hakstol's conservative approach to a point-neither goalie could stop a beach ball at times in the early going, and I think Hak got over-conservative in trying to find a remedy before Mason sort of came around. But while you want Gostisbehere to be responsible in his own end, stifling him too much really hinders what makes him special.

I mean, if you have a Ferrari and just use it to run to the grocery store, what's the point?  As far as a pair, I could see him doing well with Morin or Hagg, assuming one or the other make the team. Morin has the obvious qualities, but Hagg is a smooth skating kid who could be a really solid all around defender, who could allow Ghost to rev it up and still be protected, even without Big Sammy's size and snarl.

On 8/13/2017 at 9:25 AM, OccamsRazor said:

Ghost/Morin is the dream.  Hope it works out!

1 hour ago, murraycraven said:

I think his production will also be a result of how Hak uses him this year.   Hak needs to let Ghost be Ghost and not try to play him like a defensive dman b/c that is not what he is...   

I am genuinely hoping that Hak's treatment of Ghost had more to do with that the team needed last year than long term (which in and of itself is probably short sighted of him, but far less dangerous than insisting that Ghost become a different player altogether than where his obvious skills lie).

If Hakstol was really trying to turn Ghost into Provo, then he should have been fired on the spot.

You have a Ghost and a Provo.  You need to use each for what he's good at or you might as well not have either.

Archived