The "Crow or Gripe About Your All Star Team Thread: 2017-18

hf101

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't expecting Crawford to get the start tonight.  I almost picked up a rent-a-goalie to try to grab the SVs category and didn't get back to do it.  So, I'll take it, especially since I think @J0e Th0rnton is going to grab at least one other category.

Crow:  

Team continues to roll along, goalie trio of Bishop, Schneider, and Raanta holding up pretty well while the scorers are doing their thing.

Added a couple new players to continue to help the cause.

Just got done with a third consecutive winning week and looking for a 4th.

Good luck in our match up, @hf101 and your Slick Sticks!

Gripe:

Had to finally let go of my hold on the PIMs category as my usual standbys just weren't getting it done there (**cough, Antoine....**), and thus, were taking up a valuable roster spot.

Will just have to get PIMs the 'regular' way with hooking, slashing, and interference just like everyone else :bigteeth:

No more looking for majors and misconducts.....guys are behaving better in the league......sheesh....what do they think, the NHL wants MORE SKILL in the games????  Pfffft.....  :ph34r:

One other minor gripe: while Raanta is back, healthy and playing reasonably well, he IS still playing on the awful Yotes..... and playing him can be like sitting on a powder keg.

You just never know when that thing is gonna blow up and you are left with a 10.50 GAA and .700 Sv%  !  :blink[1]:

31 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Crow:  

Team continues to roll along, goalie trio of Bishop, Schneider, and Raanta holding up pretty well while the scorers are doing their thing.

Added a couple new players to continue to help the cause.

Just got done with a third consecutive winning week and looking for a 4th.

Gripe:

Had to finally let go of my hold on the PIMs category as my usual standbys just weren't getting it done there (**cough, Antoine....**), and thus, were taking up a valuable roster spot.

Will just have to get PIMs the 'regular' way with hooking, slashing, and interference just like everyone else :bigteeth:

No more looking for majors and misconducts.....guys are behaving better in the league......sheesh....what do they think, the NHL wants MORE SKILL in the games????  Pfffft.....  :ph34r:

One other minor gripe: while Raanta is back, healthy and playing reasonably well, he IS still playing on the awful Yotes..... and playing him can be like sitting on a powder keg.

You just never know when that thing is gonna blow up and you are left with a 10.50 GAA and .700 Sv%  !  :blink[1]:

Nonsense!

Borowecki missed the last week sick, but he is still a misconduct machine! In 7 games he played he got 4 to 7 PIM's in 4 of them

Granted he is in a class of his own there.

2 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Nonsense!

Borowecki missed the last week sick, but he is still a misconduct machine! In 7 games he played he got 4 to 7 PIM's in 4 of them

Granted he is in a class of his own there.

Well, yea, this.

And if cloning machines existed, HE should be cloned so we can have an entire sect of players just like him and fill out that PIMs class properly!

No need to clone 'soft' players like Matthews, Eichel, McDavid and Kucherov....pffft....such NON PIMs guys...who needs'em eh?  :ph34r:

Oh, by the way, Joe.... the 90's called....they want their Boroweicki back.... 

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 7:41 PM, ruxpin said:

I like the goalie swap for you.   Gibson gets better as the year goes on an Dubnyk is best early.  He sucks so far, so....

All this provided that Gibson stays healthy, which is always a struggle for him.

Thanks for the kiss of death! :ermm:  LOL .....  I can't win with goalies this year.  Now it appears Gibson might miss a few games with an apparent concussion after losing his goalie mask and getting whacked in the head with a stick. :rage:

Of course this had to happen AFTER I traded Dubnyk to you!    LOL

56 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Thanks for the kiss of death! :ermm:  LOL .....  I can't win with goalies this year.  Now it appears Gibson might miss a few games with an apparent concussion after losing his goalie mask and getting whacked in the head with a stick. :rage:

Miller played well though after Gibson was removed from the game.  That was a heck of a shot to Gibson's mask.  

On 11/6/2017 at 6:58 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Maybe you wished me too much luck this week?  :IDunnoSmiley:   I seem to be having a balanced week of scoring and goaltending.

Some of the categories are still very close as the final score can be a lot closer than it currently looks.

14 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Maybe you wished me too much luck this week?  :IDunnoSmiley:   I seem to be having a balanced week of scoring and goaltending.

Some of the categories are still very close as the final score can be a lot closer than it currently looks.

Yea, I know....still though, for me, seems par the course.

I always seem to start weeks off slowly, then make big pushes midweek or on Saturdays.

So look out then!  :VeryCool:

On 11/8/2017 at 6:45 AM, pilldoc said:

WTH ... am I cursed with goalies this year!!!!  Now Miller is hurt ..... this is beyond ridiculous.... :rage::rage:

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 6:45 AM, pilldoc said:

And to add insult to injury (pun intended) Dubnyk put on a clinic last night in a 42 save shutout. I have him in both leagues and I just reset my lineup in both pulling my goalies in both leagues for the rest of the cycle. THAT never happens with my teams, lol.

1 minute ago, yave1964 said:

And to add insult to injury (pun intended) Dubnyk put on a clinic last night in a 42 save shutout. I have him in both leagues and I just reset my lineup in both pulling my goalies in both leagues for the rest of the cycle. THAT never happens with my teams, lol.

image.png   (just kidding .... :)  )

Latest all Stars trade.

Sharknado trades Anderson and RNH 

To

FD for Elliott and Skinner

Overall giving FOW and a slight goalie downgrade for SOG and a more goal heavy player.

Had 5 C's so benching one would be regular and fits into my team focus of goals and SOG and saves everyone else from Elliott offers :P

1 hour ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Latest all Stars trade.

Sharknado trades Anderson and RNH 

To

FD for Elliott and Skinner

Overall giving FOW and a slight goalie downgrade for SOG and a more goal heavy player.

Had 5 C's so benching one would be regular and fits into my team focus of goals and SOG and saves everyone else from Elliott offers :P

Ok....even if ALL OTHER reasoning is flawed and the trade doesn't work out for you in the long run, Joe, THIS RIGHT HERE wins the trade for you as far as the rest of us are concerned.....   :ph34r: :bigteeth:

2 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

HF trades Cam Talbot to Sharks for Matt Murray :)

I am not fond of Murray's playoff schedule as pertains to my team

I figured there was a reason... lol 

I made the trade based upon having Quick and Talbot in the same division.

5 minutes ago, hf101 said:

I figured there was a reason... lol 

I made the trade based upon having Quick and Talbot in the same division.

Well, you get the more established 2 time cup winning goalie so it works out for you.

Statistically, I just did not like his playoff schedule and we all know how I love my statistics

Archived