With Ghost injured maybe Morin gets the call

RonJeremy

With Ghost probably having a concussion maybe Morin gets called up. He has been playing well and maybe having a big tough dman on our team it will deter the other teams from taking runs at our guys. Simmonds can’t be the only guy protecting our team. Most of our guys up front are pretty small there’s gotta be someone to protect them until some of our bigger young players make the team. We can’t get pushed around for 2more years. We can’t match up with some of the bigger tougher teams like LA and the Ducks. Maybe Morin plays so well that McDonald never gets back in the lineup

I hate to see Ghost injured to get Sam in the lineup but yeah i would hope it would be him. We'll see.

Zac and Luke coming to town monday.

Could use the extra size toughness i don't want the Flyers to be the Yotes 1st win of the season.

• hf101 changed the title to With Ghost injured maybe Morin gets the call

Yes and I’m still shocked that a historically tough team like the Flyers allow themselves to be pushed around. I know the goon days are over , but hopefully some of our young  big wingers and Morin can be similar to guys from the old days like Wilson, Bridgman, Tocchet etc, who can play the game as well as beat someone’s face in.

So big shocker...

NHL source tells me no hearing scheduled for TOR’s Leo Komarov for boarding #Flyers @s_ghost14 in last night’s game

41.1 Boarding – A boarding penalty shall be imposed on any player who checks or pushes a defenseless opponent in such a manner that causes the opponent to hit or impact the boards violently or dangerously. The severity of the penalty, based upon the impact with the boards, shall be at the discretion of the Referee.

Unreal i guess Toronto still managed to f**k the Flyers....at least they won the game.

19 minutes ago, darthbal said:

It is official, they have recalled Morin...

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/otf-flyers-recall-d-samuel-morin--philadelphia-flyers/c-292415106

Sad that it had to take an injury to Gohst for it to happen

I hope he plays well enough to stay up.

The problem is the League won't and never does explain anything.  Somebody needs to hold it accountable.  But how's that going to work?  I honestly don't know what leverage any owner or team has over such a screwed up League, or at least its officiating and disciplinary process.  File a protest or something.  It's not becoming ridiculous - it already is.  

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

The hit on Ghost is the very hit the league wants out of the game.

I am/was surprised there wasn't any supplemental discipline.

That's a bad hit. real time, slow mo....it's bad.

So glad that have the safety of the players in mind and are consistent...

...penalty...

[IMG]

...not a penalty...

[IMG]

...aaaahhh make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!!!!!!

18 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

So big shocker...

many

NHL source tells me no hearing scheduled for TOR’s Leo Komarov for boarding #Flyers @s_ghost14 in last night’s game

41.1 Boarding – A boarding penalty shall be imposed on any player who checks or pushes a defenseless opponent in such a manner that causes the opponent to hit or impact the boards violently or dangerously. The severity of the penalty, based upon the impact with the boards, shall be at the discretion of the Referee.

Unreal i guess Toronto still managed to f**k the Flyers....at least they won the game.

Inconsistent NHL officiating remains the second biggest problem the league has had over the years (player safety first).  Can't believe NHLPA isn't screaming about this by now.  It would be very interesting if they would suspend the guilty player until the injured one returns to the lineup.  League won't move on the issue until McDavid/Matthews/Crosby/Kane get caught up in an incident like Gostisbehere's.  We don't need any more rules, just the enforce the ones you have.

2 minutes ago, Algdun said:

Inconsistent NHL officiating remains the second biggest problem the league has had over the years (player safety first).  Can't believe NHLPA isn't screaming about this by now.  It would be very interesting if they would suspend the guilty player until the injured one returns to the lineup.  League won't move on the issue until McDavid/Matthews/Crosby/Kane get caught up in an incident like Gostisbehere's.  We don't need any more rules, just the enforce the ones you have.

Sure i get that it is hard to get it right someone time on the ice it is a fast game and could have been overlooked (benefit of the doubt here)...

...however the discouraging part is the league can step in because they have done it before and suspend guys when thy missed it on the ice...especially with Ghost being out hurt...i mean they say they are trying to clean up the game...so do it!

Look i'm not saying that  this only happens to the Flyers. The point is when they miss it they have the ability to get it right.

Here one that noting happened to the player...

I mean they use it when they discipline for a racial slur for example. Be consistent is all. Use it if you can to fix mistakes!

Yet here Wilson gets 4 games...with an explanation...very similar to the hit on Ghost...total BS!

https://www.nhl.com/video/tom-wilson-suspended-four-games/t-277440360/c-53133103

Archived