Great News For Flyers

RonJeremy

McDonald, Weise and Lehterä are returning to the lineup for tonight’s game. According to Hakstol , Lehterä brings a heaviness to the lineup. I’m so relieved , that heaviness should really make a difference. Lehterä definitely brings heaviness , like an anchor. Weise and McDonald and their incredible skill and offensive prowess should get us on the right track.This coach is a complete tool, fire him , please!,,

2 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Lehterä brings a heaviness to the lineup.

This is a great strategy if you think about it.

By the time the Flyers get in the offensive zone, turn the puck over and the puck is going back the other way, Lehtera is already the first forward back helping play defense because he never had the speed to get up in the play and was left behind (so by this time he should be in the neutral zone) and BAM you have a forward already back checking!!!!!!!!

GENIUS!!!!!

:cheers:

They will not be expecting the Finnish Neutral zone trap!!!!

Honestly, I can understand MacDonald and Weise being put back into the line-up. Lehtera on the other hand is garbage. I know why we took him in the trade (cap dump) but he should be nothing more than the 13th forward 

5 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

McDonald, Weise and Lehterä are returning to the lineup for tonight’s game. According to Hakstol , Lehterä brings a heaviness to the lineup. I’m so relieved , that heaviness should really make a difference. Lehterä definitely brings heaviness , like an anchor. Weise and McDonald and their incredible skill and offensive prowess should get us on the right track.This coach is a complete tool, fire him , please!,,

Is there a draft eligible wunderkind like McDavid this year?  

Because tossing games to get #1 overall is the only reason I can see for this garbage.  

MacDonald aside.  Think what we may, the team has been crap since he got hurt.  My brain and my heart can't see it, but I can't argue with the evidence.  The other two?  Wanting to lose the game is the only reason I can see for playing them.  

26 minutes ago, RJ8812 said:

Honestly, I can understand MacDonald and Weise being put back into the line-up. Lehtera on the other hand is garbage. I know why we took him in the trade (cap dump) but he should be nothing more than the 13th forward 

100% agreement. 

41 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Is there a draft eligible wunderkind like McDavid this year?  

Because tossing games to get #1 overall is the only reason I can see for this garbage.  

MacDonald aside.  Think what we may, the team has been crap since he got hurt.  My brain and my heart can't see it, but I can't argue with the evidence.  The other two?  Wanting to lose the game is the only reason I can see for playing them.  

There's a defenseman I think thats ahead of the draft class this year. But it's apparently a very deep draft. We should be a nice player in the top 10 regardless 

18 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

No.

Then I'm not sure I get the desire to not put their best boot forward.  

This lineup is idiotic.

Lehtera and Weise are clearly a not part of the future here.  I doubt Manning is either.  MacDonald really does seem to give them their best shot at winning games as they've been atrocious without him and as much as I might like to, I can't argue with results.

However, Morin, Vecchione and Martel definitely Are, Should and Could (respectively) be part of this team's future and while maybe Martel, Vex and Morin could make mistakes and the team will lose as a result... Chances are the same or better Lehtera, Manning and Weise will do the same.   You don't need or expect the latter trio to get better.  You do Expect and NEED former trio to get better. 

Unless Hakstol is just itching to put out Manning, Lehtera and Weise as a trio in OT... which at this point after the 2nd Islanders game is something I almost expect from the dude.  

18 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Then I'm not sure I get the desire to not put their best boot forward.  

This lineup is idiotic.

Lehtera and Weise are clearly a not part of the future here.  I doubt Manning is either.  MacDonald really does seem to give them their best shot at winning games as they've been atrocious without him and as much as I might like to, I can't argue with results.

However, Morin, Vecchione and Martel definitely Are, Should and Could (respectively) be part of this team's future and while maybe Martel, Vex and Morin could make mistakes and the team will lose as a result... Chances are the same or better Lehtera, Manning and Weise will do the same.   You don't need or expect the latter trio to get better.  You do Expect and NEED former trio to get better. 

Unless Hakstol is just itching to put out Manning, Lehtera and Weise as a trio in OT... which at this point after the 2nd Islanders game is something I almost expect from the dude.  

Yeah well right now Hak is desperate for wins. So he is trying everything it seems.

And to add Mcdud to the lineup well.......we know how he feels about Mac.

giphy.gif

So hope it works.

LOL, great slogan Sami... I have to say watching the Flyers is just a bore, and we keep getting pushed around and out muscled on the puck. We need a couple of tough skilled players. Morin can be a good help in front of the net, now we need some of those young power wingers  we drafted to exceed expectations and make the team next season. Ed Snider is rolling over in his grave watching his team get pushed around. Each new generation of players are softer than the last, are we raising a bunch of pu$$ies. Where are the Neeleys, Shanahans, Tocchets and Behn Wilson’s of today. We need some big , mean players with skill.

I'd sure as hell take Dahlin or Svechnikov.  Dahlin would be our 2nd best defensemen right out of the gate and will most likely be better than Provorov.  Svechnikov has everything you want, speed, size, and IQ.

Of course I'd rather this team turn it around, pull their heads out of their asses and win some games...

3 minutes ago, elmatus said:

Whoa there cowboy. Noah Hanifin says hi.

Provorov is a stud yes (Hanifin will be too, he is just on a different path, again these kids are TWENTY YEARS OLD), but Dahlin will be better than the both of them.  Again I am not taking anything away from Provorov and what he has already been able to do at a young age in the NHL.

Both of those scouting reports sound damn good to me.  

https://www.thedraftanalyst.com/2018-nhl-draft/2018-draft-profile-lhd-rasmus-dahlin/

https://www.thedraftanalyst.com/nhl-draft-2016/ivan-provorov/

Of course all this is a moot point because we'll turn it around and finish just outside of the playoffs, it's a pipe dream to get that #1 pick anyways.

Archived