Who do you want to play in the First round?

Which team do you want the Flyers to play against in Round 1?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which team do you want the Flyers to play against in Round 1?

• Pittsburgh
    • Washington
    • Tampa Bay
    • Boston Bruins

5 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I wasn't aware the Blues keep their pick till after the lotto. I thought they had to finish like inside the top 10 to keep it.

I wasn't aware it was after the damn lotto balls and then they need to finish 11th for the Flyers to get it. Damn that sucks.

I thought top 10 protect was just how they finished.

If the Blues end up with a top 10 pick after the lottery then the Flyers get the Blues 1st round pick in 2019 (unprotected) instead plus a 3rd round pick in 2020.

12 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I wasn't aware the Blues keep their pick till after the lotto. I thought they had to finish like inside the top 10 to keep it.

I wasn't aware it was after the damn lotto balls and then they need to finish 11th for the Flyers to get it. Damn that sucks.

I thought top 10 protect was just how they finished.

Has this been verified? I have wondered as well. Yet to see a definitive answer 

Blues
Blues
Flyers

Flyers (Blues have option to defer pick to 2019 if pick is in top 10)

PICK WOULD TRANSFER BECAUSE BLUES PICK IS CURRENTLY NOT IN TOP 10

Traded • Brayden Schenn to Blues for • Jori Lehtera • 2017 first round pick (#27-Morgan Frost) • 2018 conditional first round pick (Blues have option to defer pick to 2019 if pick is in top 10) (?-?) • 2020 third round pick (conditional if first round pick in this trade is deferred to 2019) on 2017-06-23

ok from Bill Meltzer ....  The Blues pick IS Lottery protected.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Quick-Hits-Schedule-Awaits-Giroux-Prospects-and-More/45/92206

5) There is a minor Flyers-related storyline attached to the Boston-Florida game. If the Panthers earn at least one point from the game, they will bypass the St. Louis Blues in the final overall NHL standings. That would slightly bump up the default spot of the conditional 2018 first-round pick the Blues owe the Flyers from the Brayden Schenn trade from 15th overall to 14th overall.

The conditional pick is top-10 protected in the lottery. In other words, if the lottery results in the Blues pick vaulting from its default spot -- as the Flyers' own pick did last year from its default 13th spot to 2nd overall -- the Blues will have the option of deferring the owed pick to an unprotected 1st round pick in 2019 plus a third-round pick in 2020.

2 hours ago, pilldoc said:

ok from Bill Meltzer ....  The Blues pick IS Lottery protected.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Quick-Hits-Schedule-Awaits-Giroux-Prospects-and-More/45/92206

5) There is a minor Flyers-related storyline attached to the Boston-Florida game. If the Panthers earn at least one point from the game, they will bypass the St. Louis Blues in the final overall NHL standings. That would slightly bump up the default spot of the conditional 2018 first-round pick the Blues owe the Flyers from the Brayden Schenn trade from 15th overall to 14th overall.

The conditional pick is top-10 protected in the lottery. In other words, if the lottery results in the Blues pick vaulting from its default spot -- as the Flyers' own pick did last year from its default 13th spot to 2nd overall -- the Blues will have the option of deferring the owed pick to an unprotected 1st round pick in 2019 plus a third-round pick in 2020.

Thanks for the clarification. Well i want whatever happens to be what is best for the team.

And with the farm stocked to the gills if it goes to the following year then i guess it would be fine since they would be adding two more draft picks for the future.

Even without the Blues 1st they still have 8 picks in the draft. 1st 2nd 4th two 5ths 6th two 7ths!

Then in 2019 they could have 9 picks. 2 1st, 2nd, two 3rds, 4th, 5th, 6th and a 7th.

Just don't know how good the 2019 draft will be. 

5 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Another thought to add to this: The Blues are not on the upswing. Barring some sort of miracle overhaul, there's no reason to expect they'll be any better next season; in fact, it's entirely possible they will continue to get worse. If we don't get the pick this season due to lottery luck on their part -- which frankly isn't likely -- it could work in our favour oddly enough. They may have a top ten pick in 2020, with an even better chance of jumping the queue.

everyone in the west will be better next year, except Arizona, who haven't got a clue how to get better, so I would think the Blues will give the pick up this year unless they jump in the lottery like last year. we shall see.

Archived