Western Conference Championship: #2 Winnipeg Jets vs. #3 Vegas Golden Knights

hf101

Western Conference Championship: #2 Winnipeg Jets vs. #3 Vegas Golden Knights   

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Series?

• Jets Sweep 4-0
    • Jets in 5
    • Jets in 6
    • Jets in 7
    • Golden Knights Sweep 4-0
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the grand larceny that George McPhee pulled off during this expansion draft. He milked every little that he could out of each and every team. The only real miscue seems to be overpaying for Tatar, including this years first....which will be late, but still....not wise. They still  have Glass and Suzuki coming, and both should make the Knights, infusing speed and talent....PLUS, they are in great shape cap space wise. I would imagine Perron and other UFA's will be resigned....and they can still go out and make their own wise UFA additions from the rest of the NHL. Not picking until the 2nd for Tatar, who might not even be a top 6 guy will hurt. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, jammer2 said:

Not picking until the 2nd for Tatar, who might not even be a top 6 guy will hurt. 

Yeah that is looking like a miscue as of now for sure.

A 1st this year and 2nd next year and a 3rd in 2021 is costly when you consider he is signed for 5.3 mill per till 2021.

10 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah that is looking like a miscue as of now for sure.

A 1st this year and 2nd next year and a 3rd in 2021 is costly when you consider he is signed for 5.3 mill per till 2021.

Tatar strikes me as lazy and got a lot of his points playing on the Wings pp and top 6. one of the lone stinky moves by McPhee to this point....he will need to score a big time goal in OT or a big game winner to even make this a decent trade. 

26 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

Amazing how far he has come from last year. 43 goals this year and I believe it was like 6 the year prior 

:welcome:

It's just incredible for all this team has accomplished this year.  

30 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

Amazing how far he has come from last year. 43 goals this year and I believe it was like 6 the year prior 

btw, I like the avatar.  

37 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

And to think Columbus basically asked Vegas to take him, just so they could get out from under David Clarkson.

11 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

And to think Columbus basically asked Vegas to take him, just so they could get out from under David Clarkson.

And the Wild gave away Alex Tuch and Haula just so they did not take Brodin.

13 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

Ha. Thanks. Hamms was my Dads go to beer back in his day. Not a big fan myself 

Which is still my brother-in-laws favorite.  lol

Vegas keeps on rolling ..... This team does not quit.  With a 3-2 win, the Knights now have the Jets on the ropes being up 3 games to 1.  Vegas looks to make history in Winnipeg on Sunday afternoon ....... Again to keep echoing the sentiments ...who saw this coming?????

57 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Vegas keeps on rolling ..... This team does not quit.  With a 3-2 win, the Knights now have the Jets on the ropes being up 3 games to 1.  Vegas looks to make history in Winnipeg on Sunday afternoon ....... Again to keep echoing the sentiments ...who saw this coming?????

Who saw this coming??   NOBODY.....and if anyone tells you differently, they are lying. There may have been some people that thought they might be competitive, but one game away from the Stanley Cup Finals...??  

The Vegas odds, going into the 2017-18 season.....Vegas certainly did not see this coming...the Golden Knights are listed at #32.....and a wicked 200-1 odds.....THAT is crazy money....

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/complete-stanley-cup-odds-2017-18-season-released/

Jets *really* needed this pivotal game....it seems like a near impossibility for any team to win twice in Vegas...that is TALL order. If there is a team that can do it, it's the Jets, but man oh man...they are in tough now. 

10 hours ago, AJgoal said:

And to reach an agreement to not select Josh Anderson who was who they coveted so them took Karlsson. And it worked for them.

Man the Flower has never played as well as he has played this year or at least i have never witnessed it.

21 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Man the Flower has never played as well as he has played this year or at least i have never witnessed it.

Totally agree.  This is not the same goalie whom the Flyers abused years ago in the playoff round.  He seems so poised on the ice.  The whole thing in Vegas just seems so surreal.

Just now, pilldoc said:

Totally agree.  This is not the same goalie whom the Flyers abused years ago in the playoff round.  He seems so poised on the ice.  The whole thing in Vegas just seems so surreal.

Could it be because he has less pressure so to speak??

No one was expecting them to do much of anything and in with the Pens and Crosby, Malkin and Lehtang lead teams if he didn't play well it added ore pressure because he was expected too???

Not sure.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Could it be because he has less pressure so to speak??

That very well could be one of the major reasons he is doing so well.  Plus the fact he know longer has Murray behind him.  Now granted, Vegas has Malcom Subban waiting in the wings, but he not going to take MAF spot immediately like Murray was capable of.

17 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

I look at it just by the way this entire team plays. They really don’t change their style regardless of the score. They just keep coming at you. Sometimes it seems they have 6 skaters on the ice. Somebody is always on the puck. And it looks like they are just having fun. Perfect example of that is when Fleury tickled Wheelers ear. That was a classic and showed how loose this team is. 

3 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

I look at it just by the way this entire team plays. They really don’t change their style regardless of the score. They just keep coming at you. Sometimes it seems they have 6 skaters on the ice. Somebody is always on the puck. And it looks like they are just having fun. Perfect example of that is when Fleury tickled Wheelers ear. That was a classic and showed how loose this team is. 

Great point!  Totally agree .....

Oh and by the way..Welcome to our Forum. :) If you have any questions, please feel free to ask away.  If you are into Fantasy Hockey..let me know ...we are always looking for more GM's for our league.  Again Welcome!

Archived