Jump to content

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL
hf101

Western Conference Championship: #2 Winnipeg Jets vs. #3 Vegas Golden Knights

Western Conference Championship: #2 Winnipeg Jets vs. #3 Vegas Golden Knights   

20 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win the Series?

    • Jets Sweep 4-0
      0
    • Jets in 5
      0
    • Jets in 6
    • Jets in 7
    • Golden Knights Sweep 4-0
      0
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7


Recommended Posts

Image result for jets vs golden knights

 

All discussion regarding the Western Conference Finals  Jets / Golden Knights should be here.

 

Game 1 - Saturday, May 12th,  Los Vegas @ Winnipeg  7:00 PM ET    Networks: NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS

Game 2 - Monday, May 14th,  Los Vegas @ Winnipeg    8:00 PM ET   Networks: NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS

Game 3 - Wednesday, May 16th,  Winnipeg @ Los Vegas   9:00 PM ET   Networks: NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS

Game 4 - Friday, May 18th,  Winnipeg @ Los Vegas   8:00 PM ET   Networks: NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS

Game 5 - Sunday, May 20th,  Los Vegas @ Winnipeg   3:00 PM ET    Networks: NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS

Game 6 - Tuesday, May 22th,  Winnipeg @ Los Vegas   9:00 PM ET   Networks: NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS

Game 7 - Thursday, May 24th,  Los Vegas @ Winnipeg   7:00 PM ET    Networks: NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't surprise me if either of these teams get to the Cup Finals, but the Winnipeg Jets just seem to have the formula to not only take this series, but potentially winning it all and become the 1st Canadian based franchise to win the Cup since the Montreal Canadiens in the early-mid 90's.

 

Yes, yes, I know, I said it would be Oilers doing that (and it still could, as Wpg still hasn't won anything yet!), but man, it is just hard to bet against the Jets right now.

 

Speaking of betting.... Vegas.

Fantastic season. Surprising season. Deserving season. And a season where it could be THEM going to the Cup Finals instead of the Jets.

 

But no.....I think their magical ride ends this series.

 

To be honest, I would have picked either the Jets or Predators over the Knights because I feel either of those simply have an edge in every department over Vegas.

 

Granted, the Knights' overall team game, heart inspired play, and fantastic execution by the players can overcome just about anyone, but I think the Jets will bring size, speed, and offensive ability like no one Vegas has seen to this point.

Beating a big tough experienced team like the Kings was impressive for Vegas.....as was doing the same to a Sharks team that was just as tough (especially defensively) with a bit more on offense.

 

But the Jets are big, tough, fast, can score, hit hard, can defend, and have a Vezina Finalist in Connor Hellebuyck for Vegas to contend with.

Vegas will be in every game (and MAF will be a big reason why), but I think Winnipeg takes this and marches on the Cup Finals for the first time either as the Jets or Thrashers, and does it in 6 games.

 

Just a note...I ALMOST said 5 games, but I think that would be underselling the terrific job Gerard Gallant and his Knights have done all the way to this point, so yea, will say Peg in 6 instead! :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going to go Vegas in 7 games but....

 

 

....now that Rick has given them the kiss of death i have to go Jets in 7.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL. Jets, Golden Knights, and Capitals in the conference finals. Has the league broke yet?  ;)

 

 

NHL.exe has stopped.

 

Abort. Retry. Fail.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 Great tweet here:

 

image.png

 

 

Edited by Podein25
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

LOL. Jets, Golden Knights, and Capitals in the conference finals. Has the league broke yet?  ;)

 

 

NHL.exe has stopped.

 

Abort. Retry. Fail.

 

And don't forget the Lightning..... how DARE  a team from a state with NO SNOW, swamps and gators make it the Final Four with a chance at a Stanley Cup!

It is inconceivable I tell you! :VeryCool:

 

Incon.gif

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jets in......

 

 Okay props to the damn Knights. Great story. Still picking against them but they are a great warm and fuzzy for the league tale that the league has need of.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Jets in......

 

 Okay props to the damn Knights. Great story. Still picking against them but they are a great warm and fuzzy for the league tale that the league has need of.

 

If they make the SCF this will be a big national story....much needed for the NHL.

 

ESPN may even put hockey on Sports Center! :NinjaLookLeftRight1::VeryCool:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, B21 said:

 

If they make the SCF this will be a big national story....much needed for the NHL.

 

ESPN may even put hockey on Sports Center:NinjaLookLeftRight1::VeryCool:

 

And sadly, not because they would care about the Jets so much, but rather, they don't want to be left out of a "big sports story"...even if it is from a sport they deemed no longer worthy of being on their airwaves.

 

Pompous asses! :bigteeth:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heart says Vegas. Head says Jets in 7.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 I'm pulling for the Jets, second fav team and all (LOL). I tell ya, that Preds vs Jets series was some great hockey. Even the blow outs were end to end furious action. Best move of the deadline  HAS to be Stasney for a 1st. Chevy showed everyone how it was done there. I don't know if the Jets get by the Preds without the stellar play of Stasney. Well worth a 1st for a solid contending team. 

 

 I have Jets in 6....but honestly, I love the Knights story as well. Whichever team wins I hope the SMOKE the East. F the Caps and TB. 

 

 and I move to day shift on Monday.....WHHOOOOOOOOO some awesome hockey coming up!!

Edited by jammer2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jammer2 said:

 I'm pulling for the Jets, second fav team and all (LOL). I tell ya, that Preds vs Jets series was some great hockey. Even the blow outs were end to end furious action. Best move of the deadline  HAS to be Stasney for a 1st. Chevy showed everyone how it was done there. I don't know if the Jets get by the Preds without the stellar play of Stasney. Well worth a 1st for a solid contending team. 

 

 I have Jets in 6....but honestly, I love the Knights story as well. Whichever team wins I hope the SMOKE the East. F the Caps and TB. 

 

 and I move to day shift on Monday.....WHHOOOOOOOOO some awesome hockey coming up!!

 

Yeah Stastny has been great.

 

One of his best moments actually came off the ice. Game 3, during the 1st intermission, Jets down 3-0 ("worst lead in hockey!" yells Mrs Podein25): Scott Oake asks him the usual questions and Stastny's response was classic: calm, smiling even, saying, we have lots of time, no need to panic. It might as well have said: we have them right where we want them boys.

 

So you know he said the same thing, with the same calm demeanor, in the room to those young guys. And they came out and proved him right. And yet people still think the guy who is "good in the room" doesn't matter. It matters, it matters a lot and anybody who says otherwise has never played competitive sports.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stastny has been a good, if understated, addition to this Jets team.

 

Makes one wonder just what the hell they are smoking over in St. Louis.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@hf101

 

Thanks for starting this thread while I'm still having fun in Florida.

 

Will post more later. Love both stories.  Total respect for the Jets. However... MAF is playing lights out ... contrary to many on here... I'm going Knights in 7. Hopefully I will break HJ's curse. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I've picked against Vegas in every round so far, so if I want them to win...Jets in 7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Stastny has been a good, if understated, addition to this Jets team.

 

Makes one wonder just what the hell they are smoking over in St. Louis.....

 

 The Blues were not even eliminated from the playoffs when they made that deal.....yiesh...talk about sending a vote of confidence to the room....oh, don't worry guys, we won't miss this rock solid veteran....ha ha..  Guess they wanted back in the first round after giving up this years for the good Schenn (is that still a thing?  LOL) .....might be the last pick in the 1st at this rate....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I looked at the 16 teams competing for the cup a few weeks ago and predicted the Jets would win it all this year breaking the Canadian cupless drought.  I'm still drumming that beat.

 

Jets in 6.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Podein25 said:

 

Yeah Stastny has been great.

 

One of his best moments actually came off the ice. Game 3, during the 1st intermission, Jets down 3-0 ("worst lead in hockey!" yells Mrs Podein25): Scott Oake asks him the usual questions and Stastny's response was classic: calm, smiling even, saying, we have lots of time, no need to panic. It might as well have said: we have them right where we want them boys.

 

So you know he said the same thing, with the same calm demeanor, in the room to those young guys. And they came out and proved him right. And yet people still think the guy who is "good in the room" doesn't matter. It matters, it matters a lot and anybody who says otherwise has never played competitive sports.

 

 Yes, Stas does carry this air of confidence about him, been through a lot of playoff wars and races etc. Chevy desrves big time credit for pulling that off. Imagine if the Preds gave up their first for him? We might be looking at a different match up.

 

 How about Schief scoring *7* goals IN Nashville for a new NHL road record!!!   Amazing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hf101 said:

Jets in 6.

 

 Great minds.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

 

 The Blues were not even eliminated from the playoffs when they made that deal.....yiesh...talk about sending a vote of confidence to the room....oh, don't worry guys, we won't miss this rock solid veteran....ha ha..  Guess they wanted back in the first round after giving up this years for the good Schenn (is that still a thing?  LOL) .....might be the last pick in the 1st at this rate....

 

I think they'd lost like 7 in a row at the time of the trade, so Armstrong must have thought they were done, or needed a massive wakeup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MadDevil said:

 

I think they'd lost like 7 in a row at the time of the trade, so Armstrong must have thought they were done, or needed a massive wakeup.

 

 Well, didn't know that, make a bit more sense. Plus, Stasney was a pending UFA next season and was already making 3.5 mill....prob looking for a raise into the 5 mill + neighborhood. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, B21 said:

 

If they make the SCF this will be a big national story....much needed for the NHL.

 

ESPN may even put hockey on Sports Center! :NinjaLookLeftRight1::VeryCool:

See, I actually view it as an embarrassment to the league. Want to win a cup? Just start a brand new team. I don't view it as warm and fuzzy PR if a brand new expansion team wins the whole thing. I'd view it as a joke. 

 

Then again, giving people jobs or awards with absolutely no experience suddenly seems to be the American way. Bigly. 

 

Go Jets and Bolts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

 

 Well, didn't know that, make a bit more sense. Plus, Stasney was a pending UFA next season and was already making 3.5 mill....prob looking for a raise into the 5 mill + neighborhood. 

 

It's the Blues...they NEVER make sense.... :ph34r:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, B21 said:

 

If they make the SCF this will be a big national story....much needed for the NHL.

 

ESPN may even put hockey on Sports Center! :NinjaLookLeftRight1::VeryCool:

 

That's an excellent observation. :toast: 

 

Even though I wanted the Knights out of the playoffs 

before they ever even got in them, Vegas in the SCF 

could get a lot more people into this great sport. :bluehockey: 

 

And / Or it could get folks asking aloud on an international scale: 

 

What the hell kinda expansion draft they runnin over there in that league?! :lol:  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

 

And sadly, not because they would care about the Jets so much, but rather, they don't want to be left out of a "big sports story"...even if it is from a sport they deemed no longer worthy of being on their airwaves.

 

Pompous asses! :bigteeth:

 

How could a sport like hockey not occupy their airwaves prominently?! :rolleyes:

 

Hockey players do everything else that any other athlete does--

and they do it all on skates! :o: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Most Liked Posts in This Topic

    • 3
      Post
      I was going to go Vegas in 7 games but....     ....now that Rick has given them the kiss of death i have to go Jets in 7.
    • 2
      Post
      And don't forget the Lightning..... how DARE  a team from a state with NO SNOW, swamps and gators make it the Final Four with a chance at a Stanley Cup! It is inconceivable I tell you!   
    • 2
      Post
      If they make the SCF this will be a big national story....much needed for the NHL.   ESPN may even put hockey on Sports Center! 
    • 2
      Post
      It's the Blues...they NEVER make sense.... 
    • 2
      Post
      Reasons including "Dale Tallon is dumb."
    • 2
      Post
      Whodabelievedit. Vegas going to the Stanley Cup finals. They were 500 to 1 odds of winning the Cup when the season started. 4 wins away from hoisting the holy grail. Love the way they play the game.

About HF.net

 We are an enthusiastic community of HockeyFans who enjoy discussing the NHL and more in our Forums.  Our members may also write their own blogs, converse in chat, post pics in our gallery, join our fantasy hockey leagues and more.  If you are looking for a friendly community to discuss hockey then register today and begin your conversation in our NET.

 

 

Contact Us

 

Recent Topics

Like what we do? Help us keep doing it!
Supporting Members help keep HockeyForums Advertisement Free
×