Play Pick'em Daily Read more... ×

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL
CreaseAndAssist

Wild vs. Blackhawks 10/11/18 @ 7:00PM CST at the X

great goal by Zucker for the 2 pts

Excellent game!  The Wild deserved the two points!   Toews single handedly kept Chi in this game.   Very good games by Suter and Zucker, of course!

Edited by Fargocase

18 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

come on Granny kind of unnecessary

Might have been play of the game! Reminded me of basketball forced foul. Toews wanted penalty shot but no goalie.....

12 minutes ago, Icechipper said:

Might have been play of the game! Reminded me of basketball forced foul. Toews wanted penalty shot but no goalie.....

I guess so but I also thought they were just going to award him the goal which can happen when they take a man down with no goalie in the net.

Edited by bbgarnett
  • Thanks 1

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

(sigh)  Its always fun defeating Chicago, but at the same time...its Chicago.  The team most picked to finish behind us in the standings.  We should win this game.  The Wild are lucky they were able to rally back to win this one.  They certainly played desperate and luckily for them it was enough to earn the 2 points.  But they probably can't dig themselves out of too many 2-goal deficits like they did this evening.  I have a full game recap, an Iowa Wild report and prospect news too.  Check it out!  

IMO Chicago is the lucky team.  They should have lost the game 4-1 but they got the lucky bounces.

59 minutes ago, Fargocase said:

IMO Chicago is the lucky team.  They should have lost the game 4-1 but they got the lucky bounces.

Yep. Chicago looked like a team were the wheels are about to fall off, and wild looked like the team finally hitting their stride. Fun game to watch and even more fun to celebrate.

Yeah, I would agree that it takes more than a bit of luck to tie up a game  in the final seconds while shorthanded.  But that said, I felt the Wild were the better team for the last 45 minutes of regulation.   I REALLY liked BB moving Greenway back to wing.  IMO, he was VERY tentative playing center.   

13 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

Interesting how Toews took it upon himself to reinvent himself after his worst season since coming into the league. 

Got to love when a player is smart enough to figure it out and actually try instead of trying the same thing over and over.

Glad to finally see the Wild win one and score more then 1 goal. The first period was rough. It was fun watching Staal and Zucker. But, boy, did the majority of the team look sloooooooooooow. We aren't a physical team and were made as a speed team but he don't look like we have that besides a handful of players.

Happy to see the team dig down and play hard to tie the game twice like that. Wish we didn't have to do that but I am glad they responded. It's a good thing Dubnyk is playing as hot as he is otherwise the scores could have been a lot worse. He is looking sharp and like a top 5 goalie for the most part.

I still think the Wild don't make the playoffs.

Edited by EJ0226

1 hour ago, EJ0226 said:

Got to love when a player is smart enough to figure it out and actually try instead of trying the same thing over and over.

Glad to finally see the Wild win one and score more then 1 goal. The first period was rough. It was fun watching Staal and Zucker. But, boy, did the majority of the team look sloooooooooooow. We aren't a physical team and were made as a speed team but he don't look like we have that besides a handful of players.

Happy to see the team dig down and play hard to tie the game twice like that. Wish we didn't have to do that but I am glad they responded. It's a good thing Dubnyk is playing as hot as he is otherwise the scores could have been a lot worse. He is looking sharp and like a top 5 goalie for the most part.

I still think the Wild don't make the playoffs.

Glad to finally see some Wild fans on here enjoy a game, but the majority are so gruuuuuuuumpy! 😁

(yawn)  Or perhaps some of us don't see a 'comeback' win against Chicago as being all that big of an accomplishment anymore.  But hey...relish this win, we won't have as many this year to cheer about.  

15 hours ago, 4Check said:

Yeah, I would agree that it takes more than a bit of luck to tie up a game  in the final seconds while shorthanded.  But that said, I felt the Wild were the better team for the last 45 minutes of regulation.   I REALLY liked BB moving Greenway back to wing.  IMO, he was VERY tentative playing center.   

I agree about Greenway.  He's not ready to be an NHL 3rd Line Center IMO.

Even though the score was 2-0 after the first, I thought the Wild clearly outplayed the Hawks in the 1st.     As the game went on it got even more lopsided.  Hockey's a flukey game...   I feel sorry for Toews...   I hope his $10.5 mil per avg keeps him happy for the next few years, because he's going to be on a sucky team IMO.   Same for P. Kane and Seabrook.   Enjoy the big paychecks because I don't think this team will win many games.

1 hour ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

(yawn)  Or perhaps some of us don't see a 'comeback' win against Chicago as being all that big of an accomplishment anymore.  But hey...relish this win, we won't have as many this year to cheer about.  

Glass half full, glass half empty.   IMO the Wild has a much better roster than Chi and should easily beat them.  But after the very poor first two games, this was a very important game for the Wild and the comeback was a very good thing, even if it was against a mediocre to poor team. 

I also thought it was a very entertaining game!  Zooker was very fun to watch.  There were good sub-plots with multiple players - how would EEk, Coyle, Greenway, Nino perform?   And finally, I was worried about Suter the first two games.  I thought he looked "off" and tentative.   Except for a couple lapses, I thought he played an outstanding game.   Another thing - Dumba is finally looking like a stud!  That's great news for the team.    there are obviously some positives.

Yes, I agree, the wild is missing the Super Star, the BIG talent guy that can step up and carry a team.  But this is still a pretty good roster.   Not really a legit Cup Contender, but I think a Playoff team.  My goal is 2nd Round this year.

Edited by Fargocase

With 12 minutes left I thought I posted:

The Wild are still in this game if they can turn-it up a notch.

But my internet went down 🙁

They were surging a little at the time and needed to push a bit more - which they did! Parts of the game had lulls but they fought through that hurdle.

Something really stood out though. The regular cast of players played like they always do, but Suter did things we haven't seen before. He didn't just win puck battles by as little effort as possible... Normally we see him 'catch a puck' and make a pass... But he put on the burners 'intercepted (or chased down) pucks' skated free, then made either really great passes or turned into a more aggressive beast than we've ever seen out of him before. Last night's game might have been his best game yet in a Wild jersey.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

downloadfile.jpg

2 hours ago, Fargocase said:

I also thought it was a very entertaining game!  Zooker was very fun to watch.  There were good sub-plots with multiple players - how would EEk, Coyle, Greenway, Nino perform?   And finally, I was worried about Suter the first two games.  I thought he looked "off" and tentative.   Except for a couple lapses, I thought he played an outstanding game.   Another thing - Dumba is finally looking like a stud!  That's great news for the team.    there are obviously some positives.

Yes, I agree, the wild is missing the Super Star, the BIG talent guy that can step up and carry a team.  But this is still a pretty good roster.   Not really a legit Cup Contender, but I think a Playoff team.  My goal is 2nd Round this year.

As I get older, I've (slowly)  got it through my overly thick skull, that fretting over what you can't control is a total waste of energy.  So, those "sub plots" as you put it, or the game within the game, for me are far more interesting than who wins game 2 or for that matter 82 of the NHL season.    Can Zucker & Dumba reach another level?  How does Fenton move forward with the oldest team in the league? What do you do (if anything) at the trade deadline with Staal & Koivu?  Are Greenway, JEE & Kunin eventually top 6 or bottom 6?  Will Pateryn & Seeler become a legitimate 5/6 pairing?   Will the Wild get the production they desperately need from their 3rd line?   Can they overcome a lack of overall skating speed with puck movement and superior team play? And of course, most of all,  do the Wild counteract the strengths and take advantage of the weaknesses of their nightly opponent?   For me,  with no real skin in the game, it's simply fun to watch how the micro and macro all play out.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 3:17 PM, Fargocase said:

I feel sorry for Toews...   I hope his $10.5 mil per avg keeps him happy for the next few years, because he's going to be on a sucky team IMO.   Same for P. Kane and Seabrook.   Enjoy the big paychecks because I don't think this team will win many games.

Take the selected names and replace with Zucker, Parise, Suter or Staal and you got the same situation. Big paychecks but in the end with the rest of the team clearly not ready to be that cup team we can't expect much. At least Kane, Toews, and Seabrook got to hoist the cup and have their name on it with their contracts. You won't be saying that with Parise, Suter and Koivu.

11 hours ago, EJ0226 said:

Take the selected names and replace with Zucker, Parise, Suter or Staal and you got the same situation. Big paychecks but in the end with the rest of the team clearly not ready to be that cup team we can't expect much. At least Kane, Toews, and Seabrook got to hoist the cup and have their name on it with their contracts. You won't be saying that with Parise, Suter and Koivu.

0_zn-HG22O1C6b0L8s.png