Sanheim is starting to show some offensive skill, now if someone can just play defense

RonJeremy

In spite of the loss last night, Sanheim made a couple of really big plays keeping the puck in and going to the net and creating chances, eventually he can be a big offensive force. What we  really lack is a true shutdown defenseman .. Haag and Provo  are our best defensive guys, although Haag is still a work in progress. l am beginning to believe that unless Morin comes out of nowhere after a very long layoff  to become a defensive stalwart,  we are going to be forced to make a trade for a Pronger type of veteran to lead this defense. 

I have no idea if any defenseman of that caliber are even available, maybe some team might be willing to trade a veteran dman for another vet like Simmonds. Unless a couple of these young guys, namely Haag and Sanheim take a massive leap to the next level, I don't see Hextall sitting back as we give up 4 goals a game.

As far as defense goes i am hoping Morin when he comes back can get into game shape quick and help in the regard of adding some snarl to the back end that is missing....his reach/wingspan should help a lot and also maybe clear some of this juicy rebounds or at least be the immovable object on top of the crease to keep others at bay from the rebounds.

Like i said hoping....he has to get healthy and back to play first and go from there.

This blueline needs some help adding a toughness back there and i don't mean just fighting.

But yes it is good to see Sanheim growing....and he hasn't even scratch the surface i think of how good he can be.

This team needs more fire power and i hope he can help there.

#babysteps

Eklund is a complete tool. Of all his bullcrap trade stories hes ever written maybe 1% have actually happened. The Flyers have plenty of offense ,our problem is defense,  so we are gonna trade our #3 dman who is starting to really blossom for a winger. The story should be on CNN. Fake News.

17 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

As far as defense goes i am hoping Morin when he comes back can get into game shape quick and help in the regard of adding some snarl to the back end that is missing....his reach/wingspan should help a lot and also maybe clear some of this juicy rebounds or at least be the immovable object on top of the crease to keep others at bay from the rebounds.

Like i said hoping....he has to get healthy and back to play first and go from there.

This blueline needs some help adding a toughness back there and i don't mean just fighting.

But yes it is good to see Sanheim growing....and he hasn't even scratch the surface i think of how good he can be.

This team needs more fire power and i hope he can help there.

#babysteps

I hope so too, but realistically, Morin is at least 2 seasons away from being an impact and responsible defenseman in the NHL. Myers is much closer, though I'm not sure he's that kind of defenseman.

We've all waited a long time for Sanheim to develop and have a role on this team.  There is no reason to trade your #2/#3 dman that is coming into his prime very soon.  

Stay the course (maybe change coaches...)

And I'm sure you guys meant any news source since they all have agendas...

according to twitter, there were a bunch of scouts at last nights game.

There are a bunch of scouts at  most games.  The fact that Toronto has a pile of good young forwards and the Flyers seemingly have a pile of promising defensemen would make them logical trade partners because, need. 

It is not a big reach to think some talks are happening.

Unless there is a goalie or coach to trade...i'd rather let this play out; if the season starts to get away from the Flyers - then tank for Hughes.

There, i said it. 

This team has too much talent to play like poop, so trade all the things and fire all the people. Do it yesterday.

4 hours ago, brelic said:

Morin is at least 2 seasons away from being an impact and responsible defenseman in the NHL

No way.

He should've made the team last year instead of Hagg, but that was a political thing with Hagg for whatever reason.

He is a better defenseman when it comes to playing defense...which is what the Flyers need badly.

And Meyers has a ways to go still when it comes to play a complete game in his own end. 

If Morin gets back to where he can skate he will be on the Flyers backend this year. 

2 hours ago, Digityman said:

There is no reason to trade your #2/#3 dman that is coming into his prime very soon.

Isn't that what they did with JVR?

And i agree no way would i want to trade Sanheim. Not now he is close to breaking through i think.

Don't bail now.

17 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

No way.

He should've made the team last year instead of Hagg, but that was a political thing with Hagg for whatever reason.

He is a better defenseman when it comes to playing defense...which is what the Flyers need badly.

And Meyers has a ways to go still when it comes to play a complete game in his own end. 

If Morin gets back to where he can skate he will be on the Flyers backend this year. 

Yes way. He barely played hockey last year, and nothing at all this year until much after Christmas. That's almost two full seasons of hockey gone.

He'll be on the team by default because he's not waiver exempt. But I really don't expect him to be an *impact* and *reliable* defenseman for 2 seasons. I'm not saying he won't have flashes here and there, but he will be inconsistent, he will be frustrating, he will screw up, but hopefully, he gets through the growing pains and becomes an NHL defenseman. 

My point was just that if he's the one you're looking to for help, I think you're looking in the wrong direction. More rookies and inexperience is not what this team needs.

Archived