Wild vs. Blue Jackets 11/29/18 @ 6:00PM CST at Nationwide Arena

CreaseAndAssist

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Defensive Lapses in 2nd Period Haunt Wild in 4-2 loss to Columbus

(sigh)  Dubnyk looked like he was either having a tough time seeing the puck or just staying focused.  So many rebounds, so many pucks simply not covered up when they should've been.  We made another team's 4th line look like total studs for a 2nd game in a row.  The Wild look slow, tired...disinterested in playing defense.  Some of the pinching seems to be foolish roving which puts us in a bad way defensively.  I have a full game recap, prospect updates and Minnesota HS hockey rankings too.  

8 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

As @MNSOTA pointed out...she wrote it.  Give her the credit.  No worries, but I just want her to be credited for it.  I realize on the article it says I wrote it, but its all her on most of the previews unless we tell you otherwise.  

LIG, I gave a credit for MNSOTA.👍. I always like to read her and yours articles. But, please, I have some difficulties to whom I will give a credit for writing and who is who wrote a preview and a post-gamer. At the old Message Board if I saw MNSOTA preview, that means MNSOTA got a credit, and if I saw LIG wrote a post gamer, then LIG got a credit. Now under your name MNSOTA wrote a preview. Who is going to get a credit ? You? Something is confusing. How to divide her and yours credits? Can we do that the old fashion way?🤔

First of all, I had feelings that we will lose this game when I read who is going to start in the net. Definitely that was much tougher team than Coyotes team. Again Dubnyk let 4 goals in our net (3rd game in a row). It was a strategic mistake of the coach to start this goalie again. Let him to rest for awhile . I just listened post gamer on a radio. Wild lost 4 out of the last 6 games, and Dubnyk lost 4 out of his 5 starts. They talked that he lost lately his initial sharpness in which he started this season. On Boudreau interview - he said that the team must to play all 60 min., but not sporadically during the game. He said Doobie played better during the 3rd period and that maybe will help to increase his confidence next games. BB said that he knows him for 3 years and is definitely #1 goalie for the team. I am sure he is going to put him against of Toronto this coming Saturday. Which is still questionable for me after a stretch of those loses at this moment. 

I recently checked for the stats of some our players:

Ek (in 17 games 1 goal,2 assists,-3); Hendricks (in 8 games 0 goals,0 assists,+/- 0); Brown (in 21 games 1 goal,2 assists,-4), Greenway (in 23 games 3 goals, 5 assists, -4); Foligno (in 24 games 1 goal, 2 assists, -1); Fehr (in 24 games 4 goals, 5 assists, -2). We have tried them plenty of games , but their production is still on a lower level. Fehr is getting better. Let’s give to others a chance to perform and show their ability to produce. In my opinion, we should bring more promising youngsters, more young energy here, because our team is getting older and older every minute of each game.

6 hours ago, Alexandron said:

I recently checked for the stats of some our players:

Ek (in 17 games 1 goal,2 assists,-3); Hendricks (in 8 games 0 goals,0 assists,+/- 0); Brown (in 21 games 1 goal,2 assists,-4), Greenway (in 23 games 3 goals, 5 assists, -4); Foligno (in 24 games 1 goal, 2 assists, -1); Fehr (in 24 games 4 goals, 5 assists, -2). We have tried them plenty of games , but their production is still on a lower level. Fehr is getting better. Let’s give to others a chance to perform and show their ability to produce. In my opinion, we should bring more promising youngsters, more young energy here, because our team is getting older and older every minute of each game.

So who do the Wild waive to get these young players up here? Because they already have 23 guys on the roster. And look at the guys you’re having issues with. All third and fourth liners. The prospects in Iowa are getting more developmental ice time playing in Iowa on their top lines than they would playing on the Wild’s third and fourth lines. 

The Wild do this every year. They go through a hot streak and then follow it up with a losing streak. Overall this team is still in the Playoff picture. It’s a long season and we’re only a third of the way through. 

4 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

He started the season nicely, actually way better than what I and a few more expected. The last 6 games as an entity have been awful. BB has to address this question and fast. History is repeating itself in front of us.

I can't remember which game it was, but dubnyk did get run over.

He may have been trying to work the refs, but was slow and sketchy getting up.

Is this a nagging little injury that needs rest?

Has anyone noticed, is he giving up the high glove side again?

4 hours ago, Tomdog said:

More so than normal. Granted some have been high % grade A shots.

I really thought this was going to be Stalock's game.

So, Identical records and yet CBJ out everything'd us except 1 area. We excelled at flipping the puck out to the neutral zone.

Pretty sad how easily they shut down our game.

Our PP was a pass fest looking for that perfect set up play AGAIN. Not 1 SOG. 

Well either Dubnyk has come back down to reality or he is still sick. My money is back down to reality. Now the whole team has to turn it up a few gears to get the W.

But in typically Wild M.O. fashion they show little to no interest in doing what needs to be done to get the W. They just play with 20% effort and expect the W to come to them.  In all of sports you can't just lay off for over half the game and expect to win yet the Wild continue the pattern they have done for years. At this point the attitude and this mentality is no longer a bump in the road but a disease like herpes that will never go away until the body dies. I know people hate hearing this but it might be time to blow up the team. The cancer is there. Only this team has ever shown this mentality consistently. This is supposedly the most talented team we have ever had yet they end up having to fight to the death for a playoff spot and consistently struggle to get even 3 wins in a playoff year yet a team of ragtag 4th liner rejects were able to get to the Conference Finals, something this team will never see.

I wouldn't be so upset like this if this was the first year or maybe two of this. Instead this has been pretty much a consistent problem since the signing of Parise and Suter. We can argue if they are the reason or not but this weird downward spiral and loss of interest in playing has been going on since them. We know there is talent on this team. That is what is the biggest frustration. It just seems like the talent decides when they are going to play. No punishments for poor play if you have a name that sells merchandise and tickets. Our last GM and his contracts really created a save haven if you are a known name and that environment still sits and rots in the locker room. NHL needs to get rid of the NMC/NTC. Don't want to lose your job and be cut them play every game 100%.

15 hours ago, Tomdog said:

Tom Wilson ran him over...fresh off a suspension.  And then hit another player in the head tonight...so smart they took 6 games off his 20-game suspension eh?

9 hours ago, EJ0226 said:

Well either Dubnyk has come back down to reality or he is still sick. My money is back down to reality. Now the whole team has to turn it up a few gears to get the W.

But in typically Wild M.O. fashion they show little to no interest in doing what needs to be done to get the W. They just play with 20% effort and expect the W to come to them.  In all of sports you can't just lay off for over half the game and expect to win yet the Wild continue the pattern they have done for years. At this point the attitude and this mentality is no longer a bump in the road but a disease like herpes that will never go away until the body dies. I know people hate hearing this but it might be time to blow up the team. The cancer is there. Only this team has ever shown this mentality consistently. This is supposedly the most talented team we have ever had yet they end up having to fight to the death for a playoff spot and consistently struggle to get even 3 wins in a playoff year yet a team of ragtag 4th liner rejects were able to get to the Conference Finals, something this team will never see.

I wouldn't be so upset like this if this was the first year or maybe two of this. Instead this has been pretty much a consistent problem since the signing of Parise and Suter. We can argue if they are the reason or not but this weird downward spiral and loss of interest in playing has been going on since them. We know there is talent on this team. That is what is the biggest frustration. It just seems like the talent decides when they are going to play. No punishments for poor play if you have a name that sells merchandise and tickets. Our last GM and his contracts really created a save haven if you are a known name and that environment still sits and rots in the locker room. NHL needs to get rid of the NMC/NTC. Don't want to lose your job and be cut them play every game 100%.

Mind boggling...

We witness a game where the Wild control most of the game quite handily, then out of nowhere they crash and burn.

We hear how upset the players are after totally blowing a game.

We hear Boudreau after the second game in a row, comment about the players trying to look cute and look for perfect passes or scoring opportunities and literally blow it.

We hear/read about Boudreau having the team watch game film of the last three terribly played games... And expect the Wild players to take heed and use those films as motivation in hopes of showing up to play a full 60 minutes; and they totally screw it up again by playing lousy.

Then we hear reasonably sound dialog - From The Players - being optimistic about what they need to do to turn it around (for the next game) and it doesn't happen. Instead we see no motivation from most the team while only a few lessor talented players bust their ass while the money players seem to coast off in a daze.

It's in the water.

Archived