Chuck Fletcher it is...

vis

1 minute ago, pilldoc said:

Let me rephrase.... I’m give Fletch 1 year before I want his ass out of here.....

Damn as long as you don't have HIGH expectations for one year...

@murraycraven

...was right............welcome to Philly Chuck!!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Just curious... what are your expectations?? Another 2,3,4 or 5 yr plan?

I’m asking sincerely.....

fact is ... I don’t like his track record.... and until he proves otherwise... that is all we have to go on for now...,

if he makes spectacular moves and this team improves by leaps and bounds... I’ll be the first one to eat crow and apologize...

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, rottenrefs said:

Something to consider: Reading about it states there's a $5.00 toll going westbound, but free if going eastbound. If you're going to jump which side is more attractive? Spend 5 bucks, or save 5 bucks? Is one side without a rail? Maybe go that route so as not to sprain an ankle or break a leg before the big launch.

New Jersey charges people fleeing from it.

Edited by ruxpin
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Just curious... what are your expectations??

Seriously i don't really have any right now....i want to see what he does before the trade deadline...i'm thinking get through this season see what he does at the draft, then by the time free agency is over during preseason/camp before next season......then i will have expectations....hopefully.

At this point with the reboot this is an evaluation period sitting where they are right now 5th from the bottom anything positive to happen to this club would just be a cherry on top they have such a huge hole to dig out of i can''t see the playoffs right now.

I could see them hiring a whole new staff if this team doesn't improve significantly and at least push hard for the playoffs.

So yeah i don't have any right now.

anigif_sub-buzz-23285-1537816299-6.gif

#cautiouslyoptimistic 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

@murraycraven

...was right............welcome to Philly Chuck!!!

Gotta applaud you for trying.

Just don't stand still too long or someone will shear the wool right off of you.

At least you have the 'Canes.

• Uggh... 1

13 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

until he proves otherwise.

And that should be the same attitude as well if his past was all positive to...nothing you have ever done before guarantees you the same results as before...different players and circumstances...i will as i said wait to make a judgement call...like i'm wondering who is the first call up we see him pull the trigger on...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

Just don't stand still too long or someone will shear the wool right off of you.

source.gif

I hope you have a chance to come around i really don't want to waste more time and guys like Giroux's prime so i am hoping you have a huge helping of crow to eat....and i know you you will gladly eat it...and you are right if you hate everything about this i am not going to convince you otherwise...well for one thing i have nothing to do such with...cheers!

:beer:

• Like 1

All I'm saying is this:

Someone is guilty of molesting children.

Yeah, come on into my home. Watch my kids for me.  See how it goes.

I realize this is a sinister analogy, but someone goes 8 or 9 years, trades away picks, prospects.  Trades for washed up nothings with other GMs running to the bank to cash the check before a stop-payment is put on it, "hey? have crap you can't possibly use?  Call Chucky.  He'll give you a second rounder and a prospect for a used condom."

Hey, let's sign a couple of 27 year olds through until their 40 for $98 million.  What's a cap?

Meanwhile, we've tag-teamed him with Sir CapSchmap.   The combination is like a sorority party with Ted Bundy and Jeff Dahmer.

What the hell, see how it goes.

• Good Post 1

8 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

nothing you have ever done before guarantees you the same results as before

My rule of thumb is actually the diametric opposite.  Those who refuse to learn history are doomed to repeat it.

I understand chaos theory, but the only thing that will change with lying down on I-95 twice is what kind of car runs over you each time and the name of the person driving.    The results may vary in terms of degree, but neither will be good.

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

My rule of thumb is actually the diametric opposite.  Those who refuse to learn history are doomed to repeat it.

I understand chaos theory, but the only thing that will change with lying down on I-95 twice is what kind of car runs over you each time and the name of the person driving.    The result remains the same.

I always HATED history.....never bothered too much with it.
I suppose that's why I keep seeing a guy on a darned horse run down my neighborhood yelling "The British are coming, the British are coming!"
:shifty:

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

i really don't want to waste more time and guys like Giroux's prime

I agree.  But it wasn't as though the only two options were "Keep Hextall" or hire a developmentally challenged pawn shop janitor.

Just now, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I suppose that's why I keep seeing a guy on a darned horse run down my neighborhood yelling "The British are coming, the British are coming!"

Are you sure it's not spelled differently?

10 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

source.gif

I hope you have a chance to come around i really don't want to waste more time and guys like Giroux's prime so i am hoping you have a huge helping of crow to eat....and i know you you will gladly eat it...and you are right if you hate everything about this i am not going to convince you otherwise...well for one thing i have nothing to do such with...cheers!

:beer:

I actually do appreciate the attempt at "hope."  Why not?

So, I'm not trying to come "at" you.   My tone, etc., is really directed elsewhere.  I just have no doubt how this turns out.   I just hope I live to see Holmgren gone.

PS:  I really like the picture, so I've bookmarked your post.

Edited by ruxpin

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

And you have already decided he hasn't learned anything. How fair is that?

I'm not here to be fair. I prefer to be accurate.  Fair and balanced is not what it's cracked up to be.

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I actually do appreciate the attempt at "hope."  Why not?

So, I'm not trying to come "at" you.   My tone, etc., is really directed elsewhere.  I just have no doubt how this turns out.   I just hope I live to see Holmgren gone.

I will reserve your seat on the bandwagon nonetheless.

I am just keeping an open mind right now.

Zero expectations as of right now.

Just now, ruxpin said:

I'm not here to be fair. I prefer to be accurate.  Fair and balanced is not what it's cracked up to be.

@OccamsRazor

You know who hasn't changed or learned?  The guy who hired him.   When you add Chucky's track record to working for a guy who just fired the last GM for not putting enough butts in seats.

No, I'm fairly certain history is but prelude.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, brelic said:

Is there a specific area Paul & Dave wanted you to address first?

Again, Paul and Dave were great. We didn’t get into the specifics of the team necessarily. We did discuss the team a bit, but they made it very clear they will trust my judgment and they will allow me to do the things I think we need to do to get better. I’m just looking at it from the outside, it’s not a secret – there’s five different goalies that have played in net this year, and that’s a lot. We’re 29th in goals-against; that’s too high. We have some young defensemen, and a lot of them are going to be very good players in this league, but it’s a tough league. We just need to look at how do we give up fewer goals. It takes everybody on the ice to prevent a goal. But getting some stability in goal would be great, getting healthy in goal would be great. Sometimes you can’t control that, and that’s why we’ll first look to see what we have here in-house, and if need be, I’m certainly going to make a lot of calls and see what’s out there, and if we have to make a move we’ll be ready to do so.

fewer goals? sounds he wants to improve the defense and goaltending. sounds he wants to build this team from goaltending to defense which is our major weakness.

19 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I love history.... ..

Edited by pilldoc