Jump to content
News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

rottenrefs

Goalies... Dubnyk & Stalock

Recommended Posts

On 1/11/2019 at 5:32 PM, ClusterChuck said:

Goalie comparison with Dubnyk and Hellebuyck prior to last game .

 Hellebuyck (19-12-1)  2.86GAA  .909%SP

 Dubnyk (16-14-3)  2.56GAA  .915%SP  

Jets on doorstep for 1st while we're trying for a PO spot.

Not a goalie problem here in the state of Hockey.

(*Not saying we're perfectly fine in that dept, Just not the issue currently)

 

Chuck, there are all kind of stats to compare. Come the playoffs...

Devan.PNG

Connor.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2018 at 2:44 AM, CreaseAndAssist said:

Want a killer stat about Dubnyk?  Killer as in bad, Dubnyk is 44th out of 48 NHL goaltenders in 3rd period save percentage..sub .900%.  He needs to sit more...

Probably didn't improve that stat against the Wings: 8 SOG, 2 GA...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Hockey-78 Oh I know how Dubnyk's stats are along with the overall team come playoff time.

The only thing I was going for with my comparison of Dub and Hell was to show their stats ( up to the game date ) while then seeing where the teams were in the standings.

This told me that our problem wasn't in goal (by that comparison). 

Again, Not saying Dubnyk is fine, But that comparison could have been Stalock, Kuemper, or Backstrom, It doesn't matter who.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ClusterChuck said:

@Hockey-78 Oh I know how Dubnyk's stats are along with the overall team come playoff time.

The only thing I was going for with my comparison of Dub and Hell was to show their stats ( up to the game date ) while then seeing where the teams were in the standings.

This told me that our problem wasn't in goal (by that comparison). 

Again, Not saying Dubnyk is fine, But that comparison could have been Stalock, Kuemper, or Backstrom, It doesn't matter who.  

Relax Chuck. 🙂My point was there are all kind of stats. Based on some stats Dubnyk probably doesn't stand out as a regular season problem. It's the grand scheme of things that's wrong, both with him and this organization's decisions to manage the goalie situation. I don't have to compare his stats to anyone. His history and failure to pass (my) eye test is enough for me.

 

I really don't understand why people have such difficulties to digest different opinions in here. Express, argument and tolerate'em. Even Patrick Roy has divided opinions, a lot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2019 at 12:50 PM, Fargocase said:

Some comparisons are a lot more reasonable.  Some can be absurd.

That's why stats are for losers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 8:16 PM, IllaZilla said:

I don’t think they’ll have to spend a ton on Kahkonen. The big lynch pin is the offense. Every single year the offense goes in the tank around the Holidays. This more or less forces the coach to overplay Dubnyk to stay in the Playoff hunt.

Part of the problem is the owner. He wants to win a Cup. Now. So in order to get into the Playoffs, you need to play the goaltender that will give you the best chance of making it into the Playoffs. And that ain’t Stalock. So the coach is under pressure to get into the Playoffs. If the offense isn’t scoring, you have to play the goaltender that will allow the least amount of goals. Again, that ain’t Stalock. If the offense could keep scoring on a regular basis, it probably would allow the coach to play the backup more. But because the offense goes in the tank every Holiday season it forces the coach to overplay Dubnyk, because the owner wants to be into the Playoffs in order to get a Cup. It’s a vicious cycle that won’t stop until the owner recognizes that he doesn’t have a great team. He’s got a good team, but not a great team. 

Perfectly said. The Wild are really a bad mix right now. A owner who wanted to buy a cup and wants it now and wiling to mortgage the future. Issue being is we have no real game changers or players able to take a slumping team on his shoulders and carry them. Now the "key players" are getting into their twilight of their careers with contracts we can't move. We given up on young talent who went elsewhere and take the next step on another team. Guys that should have been at least serviceable are going in full speed in reverse. They are a good team who is a WC contender but not a great team who can make the deep run. And it's really put the Wild in a bad spot. Drafting isn't good and part of that is due to where we pick in the draft. And the most frustrating thing is our Owner is so blinded by the want to win and so stubborn that he sees making the playoffs as us on the edge of breaking through so he refuses to allow anything but minor changes. I think the only way any major change happens is if the Wild miss the playoffs a couple years in a row.

 

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 1:23 AM, Lonkkis said:

Interesting read, especially the part of Cup-winning goalies average about 46 games starts during regular season.

 

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Basically this article completely counters what the Wild are doing. Only one time since 2009 has a goalie had 60 games in a season and gone in to win the Cup. And Dubnyks comment makes me extremely worried.

"It's probably good for the body and mind to be at that 60-game mark," he said. "I don't think I'm going to sit here and tell you that I felt way better in one scenario than I did the other."

This points to it appears Dubnyk is making the decision to play and not the coaching staff. And since the 2015-16 season Dubnyk has played at least 60 games in the regular season and the Wild were first round punching bags. Dubnyk has had a total of 4 wins in all these playoff games since then. His save percentage overall drops in the playoffs. His first season he got 4 playoff wins for us and only played 39 games in the regular season before we ran into the Wild's Kryptonite, Blackhawks. And right now we are looking at Dubnyk playing another 60 and it's very possible we don't make the playoffs. The Wild need some major change.

  • Good Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

Relax Chuck. 🙂My point was there are all kind of stats. Based on some stats Dubnyk probably doesn't stand out as a regular season problem. It's the grand scheme of things that's wrong, both with him and this organization's decisions to manage the goalie situation. I don't have to compare his stats to anyone. His history and failure to pass (my) eye test is enough for me.

 

I really don't understand why people have such difficulties to digest different opinions in here. Express, argument and tolerate'em. Even Patrick Roy has divided opinions, a lot.

Lol, No problems, I just thought my original post was misinterpreted. That's all. 

I'm here for different info, Ideas and opinions and the discussions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

 

You could make a lowlight reel of these softies.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if Dubnyk would be worth trading. It surely doesn't seem like the Wild is going to need him for a playoffs run in the near future.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

I wonder if Dubnyk would be worth trading. It surely doesn't seem like the Wild is going to need him for a playoffs run in the near future.

Welcome back Lynxrattle. I missed your messages at least for 2 years.🙂

 

Agreed regarding Dubnyk. We need to recognize, unfortunately, he is not good enough for a long playoffs run. Like in a last game we received 3 goals in 2 minutes into our net which are too much for a competitive goaltender. Lack of consistency in his performance as well as a lack of team’s consistent offensive performance , probably, are the main problems team is dealing now. Team’s strong chemistry and winning mentality are also weak so far.  Some players mentioned about a lack of a team's leadership. I do not think the team's leadership is important a lot in professional hockey, because hockey is a huge business. When the player is making a one million plus more dollars a year then he should work hard like a dog to prove that he merits these money. Personally I do not understand some players, when they sign a contract and after that they practically stop playing in full. I also do not understand/do not accept in a professional hockey when the entire team  stops playing for a personal coach. We can find good examples when a player is able to put for decades more than 30 goals per season under 3-4 different coaches (like players - Crosby, Ovechkin, McDavid, Marchand ...). And lack of talent is important in a professional hockey.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Alexandron, I have felt the same way about your messages 😃 

 

Just another day in the office isn't taking us anywhere. I think we can see effects of this in the way Niederreiter is suddenly scoring, and the way Granlund seems to excited to be playing for a cup contender. One should be devastated after a trade, the player's production should take a momentary hit because of the effect of losing one's team and home of many years - instead of the other way around. They seem to be relieved to have gotten out.

 

Considering Dubnyk, I also can't be thinking about how the Coyotes' Antti Raanta kept ripping his team mates if they defended poorly. Do we ever see a furious Dubnyk making absolutely clear what he needs from his teammates, pointing out the ones who were responsible for the defensive lapses? We need to replace him with a Foligno - type character.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed, Foligno type character is a rare treasure for our team.🤔

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Antti, I'm glad to see you again and all the others as well :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Wish there were more posters like Illazilla, Antti, lynx and others who knew more about the game and posted credible insights and opinions instead of the constant long winded manifestos filled with bitching and whing and everything SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS!  For phuck sake, you don't have to constantly whine about Nino-Rask, Barker-Leddy, Mikko/Suter/Parise contracts, etc.  WE'VE ALL HEARD IT A HUNDRED TIMES! Lindberg baby, to steal an Antti-ism...

Edited by Fargocase

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Fargocase said:

Wish there were more posters like Illazilla, Antti, lynx and others who knew more about the game and posted credible insights and opinions instead of the constant long winded manifestos filled with bitching and whing and everything SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS!  For phuck sake, you don't have to constantly whine about Nino-Rask, Barker-Leddy, Mikko/Suter/Parise contracts, etc.  WE'VE ALL HEARD IT A HUNDRED TIMES! Lindberg baby, to steal an Antti-ism...

Amen brother

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 8:38 PM, Alexandron said:

Welcome back Lynxrattle. I missed your messages at least for 2 years.🙂

 

Agreed regarding Dubnyk. We need to recognize, unfortunately, he is not good enough for a long playoffs run. Like in a last game we received 3 goals in 2 minutes into our net which are too much for a competitive goaltender. Lack of consistency in his performance as well as a lack of team’s consistent offensive performance , probably, are the main problems team is dealing now. Team’s strong chemistry and winning mentality are also weak so far.  Some players mentioned about a lack of a team's leadership. I do not think the team's leadership is important a lot in professional hockey, because hockey is a huge business. When the player is making a one million plus more dollars a year then he should work hard like a dog to prove that he merits these money. Personally I do not understand some players, when they sign a contract and after that they practically stop playing in full. I also do not understand/do not accept in a professional hockey when the entire team  stops playing for a personal coach. We can find good examples when a player is able to put for decades more than 30 goals per season under 3-4 different coaches (like players - Crosby, Ovechkin, McDavid, Marchand ...). And lack of talent is important in a professional hockey.

Consistency, hardworking and heart are probably the biggest issues the Wild have. We have seen teams overcome not having a deep talented team or just lacking big talent. Those teams had players that were consistent, hardworkers and had heart. Parise is a hard worker but this has probably been his most consistent season with the Wild he runs into big droughts a lot. Suter, lacks heart and rarely works hard. Dubnyk lacks consistency. Dubnyk seems to have no middle ground. He's the high of highest and low of lowest. He either helps the team or hurts them and not just there to control.

There is a lot of work to be done. Yes it might not seem like much but at least one A and one C should be switched. No matter what, if two guys are rewarded with this honor and you are busy busting your butt well they putz around it will affect the mentality somewhat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Fargocase said:

 instead of the constant long winded manifestos filled with bitching and whing and everything SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS!  For phuck sake, you don't have to constantly whine about Nino-Rask, Barker-Leddy, Mikko/Suter/Parise contracts, etc.  WE'VE ALL HEARD IT A HUNDRED TIMES!

No offense but that's hilarious considering you wrote it and addressed to others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you having withdrawal symptoms?  It's been almost 24 hours since you've posted ANOTHER HATE DOOBIE diatribe.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Fargocase said:

Are you having withdrawal symptoms?  It's been almost 24 hours since you've posted ANOTHER HATE DOOBIE diatribe.   

No. Do you enjoy living in denial that much? It's been 2 hours since I mentioned him in a reply to your HATE Hockey-78 diatribe.

 

duty_calls.png

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So you think my hating on Haters is personal against you?   It's not.  You're just a minnow in the Hater school.  My frustration is the lack of reasonablel, informed discussion about the team, players, organization, etc.  So you HATE Doobie.  Good for you.  How many times do you need to post that? I don't look at posts for weeks, come back and it's SOS for the most part.  From you - Hate Doobie, Hate MiG-Fiala trade, silly player dictating to team who plays conspiracy theories...  deja Veilleuxxxx.

Edited by Fargocase

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Most Liked Posts in This Topic

    • 4
      Post
      Not hate agenda for him but hate agenda for riding him into the ground so if they do make it to the playoffs he is exhausted and not going to look good. On top of it the back up just sits and rusts for a good 3 weeks if not longer. It does nobody any good and rust does happen from not playing any games. Take any player and have them sit for 2 to 3 weeks with only practice and you will see rust.   I also think it's foolish of BB if he does in fact just base his decision on if a guy will
    • 3
      Post
      Want a killer stat about Dubnyk?  Killer as in bad, Dubnyk is 44th out of 48 NHL goaltenders in 3rd period save percentage..sub .900%.  He needs to sit more...
    • 3
      Post
      I know many Wild fans like Stalock (and I DON'T think he is terrible...just not a huge fan), but looking over at potential UFA's for next season, I'd like to see the Wild possibly make a run at plucking Casey DeSmith from the Penguins.  A UFA, making about the same that Stalock is making now (both sub 700K), 4 years younger than our current backup, he nonetheless, has put up better numbers and that is working behind a Pittsburgh defense that has lots of holes in it. If he can be convinced
    • 3
      Post
      Not rotating enough. Not better than last year, status quo. I don't think the coaching staff sees what we are seeing nor did they last year.   Dubnyk's ceiling is 50 games a season.
    • 3
      Post
      I think most of us pretty agree that Stalock should play mores games. Not because Dubnyk sucks, but just to gave him some rest and eventually prevent him from injuries. Resting is a key factor and is often neglected. There is a large fraction of injuries that are caused, or at least aggravated by fatigue and/or a lack of resting.   Anyway, it's a hard problematic. So far, Dubnyk lead the Wild to get the 2 points in Ottawa and Montréal (probably also in Toronto, but I didn't watch the g
    • 2
      Post
      Last six starts for Dubnyk: 5-1 2.01 GAA .936 SV%
×
×
  • Create New...