Jump to content
You are a guest user Click to join the site
News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

Recommended Posts

Just got reading The Hockey News. Seattle will have the same draft like LV. So who do we keep? I know a year away just for fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Protect:

 

Hart 

 

Giroux

Patrick

Konecny

Couturier

Lindblom

Vorobyev

Rubtsov

 

Ivan

Sanheim

Ghost 

 

Not sure if they will have to protect Myers if they do then Ghost will be the odd man out.

 

But they could more than likely work out some trades with Seattle to not take certain players.

 

And i believe they are required to expose 10% of their team salary which Jake and JVR's salary will come in handy.

 

I may have missed over looked something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please take JVR!

Please take JVR!

Please take JVR!

  • Like 1
  • Good Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope Fletch gets some good trades in rather than lose talent away for nothing. Somehow I doubt he'll make the truly impactful ones we probably need though. 

 

Some options for them (the save eight route):

 

Giroux

Couturier

TK

Patrick

 

Provorov

Sanheim

Ghost

Myers

 

Hart

 

Hopefully Fletch would have the good sense to trade away Voracek before Seattle plucks him. I do think we could get a very nice return for him in a trade. Assuming he would, JVR would seem the most likely candidate to go, which I'm fine with. If somehow Fletch can trade both of those guys, I figure we'd probably lose Lindblom or Gudas. Losing Lindblom would suck, but there's only so much we can do.

 

The seven and three split (imo the most likely scenario barring a trade right now):

 

Giroux

Couturier

TK

Patrick

Voracek

Lindblom

JVR

 

Provorov

Sanheim

Ghost

 

Hart

 

If Myers shows some serious promise in the next bit, I would probably dangle Ghost in a trade and keep Myers instead. I think Sanheim will be better, and I'd rather see what Myers can become before we lose him. If the above list is saved, I can see Seattle taking a flier on Myers. If they need depth, Laughton could be their pick here as well. This list is pretty much what I expect will be kept honestly. My guess is Myers or Laughton will be lost to the draft.

 

It would also be possible to dangle either Voracek or JVR and keep Laughton, but I don't know that Fletch will go for that. Laughton is a solid depth player, but he's nothing more than that. As much as Voracek and JVR are not my favs, we don't currently have other players to replace them in the top six (aside from a bunch of essentially unproven prospects from much weaker leagues). If he goes this route, I'd much rather he trade whichever of the two he's not going to protect. Again, get something for em at least.

Edited by elmatus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, elmatus said:

Hopefully Fletch would have the good sense to trade away Voracek before Seattle plucks him.

 

See the catch here I think is about exposing 10% of your salary so Jake may be needed for that Jake and JVR together would make up what 15mill+ on a 75 mill cap. The will need another good contract to make that work.

 

So unfortunately Jake needs to stay to make it work.

 

Unless you have another bloated contract to throw in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

 

See the catch here I think is about exposing 10% of your salary so Jake may be needed for that Jake and JVR together would make up what 15mill+ on a 75 mill cap. The will need another good contract to make that work.

 

So unfortunately Jake needs to stay to make it work.

 

Unless you have another bloated contract to throw in there.

 

I didn't know there was such a rule. How does it work exactly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, elmatus said:

 

I didn't know there was such a rule. How does it work exactly?

 

I think IIRC you have expose at least 10% of your total cap expenditure.

 

Maybe someone here can verify that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't make trades in fear of losing a player for nothing during the expansion draft. You're going to lose a player no matter what. Accept it. Make a deal with Seattle directly if you really have to save someone, but you're more likely to hurt yourself than help if you trade players for the sake of not losing them for nothing.

 

If it's a hockey trade that somehow nets you a player that's exempt, that's something else entirely. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2019 at 9:02 PM, OccamsRazor said:

Protect:

 

Hart 

 

Giroux

Patrick

Konecny

Couturier

Lindblom

Vorobyev

Rubtsov

 

Ivan

Sanheim

Ghost 

 

Not sure if they will have to protect Myers if they do then Ghost will be the odd man out.

 

But they could more than likely work out some trades with Seattle to not take certain players.

 

And i believe they are required to expose 10% of their team salary which Jake and JVR's salary will come in handy.

 

I may have missed over looked something.

 

The real question I have is guys like Frost and anyone else who makes the team out of camp next fall.  They will technically have completed two years of pro hockey at that point.  Are they still automatically protected or do the Flyers have to use a protection spot for them?  I forget how that works.  It's different for position players than it is for goalies.  I think position players require more actual NHL games than goalies do?

 

I wouldn't worry about Rubstov and probably not Vorobyev because I expect that they will sign someone this off season that we'll want to protect more.

 

I'm still not convinced Ghost is going to be a Flyer by then and either way, it is concievable that Myers may earn his spot.  No matter what, if nothing changes too drastically on the roster, the FLyers are almost 100% going to lose a defenseman.

 

It will either be Ghost, Myers, Morin or a vet they might sign between then and now (like Tyler Myers).  

 

It's possible Sandstrom or even Ustimenko may prove themselves irresistible over the next two years, but if I'm betting, my guess is neither will see enough NHL time to make them more desirable than one of the D men the flyers will be unable to protect at that point.  

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, King Knut said:

The real question I have is guys like Frost and anyone else who makes the team out of camp next fall.

 

No those guys will be safe Frost and the ones still in juniors this year.

 

Rubtsov and Vorobyev won't be safe.

 

But there will be some that get exposed.

 

 

 

Edited by OccamsRazor
playoffs or bust

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2019 at 8:19 PM, Jam1986 said:

Just got reading The Hockey News. Seattle will have the same draft like LV. So who do we keep? I know a year away just for fun.

 

Two years away.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2019 at 10:08 AM, OccamsRazor said:

 

See the catch here I think is about exposing 10% of your salary so Jake may be needed for that Jake and JVR together would make up what 15mill+ on a 75 mill cap. The will need another good contract to make that work.

 

So unfortunately Jake needs to stay to make it work.

 

Unless you have another bloated contract to throw in there.

 

I'm honestly not worried about Jake.  He will be 31-32 with 3 years left on an $8.5 million contract.  If he's still producing well enough for Seattle to take him, there will be other forwards available via Free agency, but with any luck, the Flyers would be shifting his salary to a long term deal for Hart or Provo or Sanheim.

 

I'm one of the few people on this board who actually don't want Jake traded, but it's my hope that with the cap space available between now and then, Fletcher will have brought in a Stone and or Panarin.

 

If it comes to it, on 7/1/21, Fletcher (if he's still around) could be looking at signing a 28 year old UFA Landeskog.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

BUMP!!!!!!!

 

EXPANSION PLAN: PROJECTING THE PHILADELPHIA FLYERS’ PROTECTION LIST FOR THE 2021 EXPANSION DRAFT

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

 

Hart 

 

Giroux

Patrick

Konecny

Couturier

Lindblom

Hayes

Rubtsov

 

Ivan

Sanheim

Myers

 

I'm going with this.

 

I know they have to expose 10% of their salary and Jake + JVR + Ghost would be 19.75 mill and go a long way in making that happen.

Edited by OccamsRazor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2019 at 9:02 PM, OccamsRazor said:

Protect:

 

Hart 

 

Giroux

Patrick

Konecny

Couturier

Lindblom

Vorobyev

Rubtsov

 

Ivan

Sanheim

Ghost 

 

Not sure if they will have to protect Myers if they do then Ghost will be the odd man out.

 

But they could more than likely work out some trades with Seattle to not take certain players.

 

And i believe they are required to expose 10% of their team salary which Jake and JVR's salary will come in handy.

 

I may have missed over looked something.

I little surprised that you would protect Giroux! I didn't think he was a favorite among Flyers fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

BUMP!!!!!!!

 

EXPANSION PLAN: PROJECTING THE PHILADELPHIA FLYERS’ PROTECTION LIST FOR THE 2021 EXPANSION DRAFT

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

 

Hart 

 

Giroux

Patrick

Konecny

Couturier

Lindblom

Hayes

Rubtsov

 

Ivan

Sanheim

Myers

 

I'm going with this.

 

I know they have to expose 10% of their salary and Jake + JVR + Ghost would be 19.75 mill and go a long way in making that happen.

Why not protect Ghost? I thought Giroux was paid more? Ghost would be in his 3rd year this coming season I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

BUMP!!!!!!!

 

EXPANSION PLAN: PROJECTING THE PHILADELPHIA FLYERS’ PROTECTION LIST FOR THE 2021 EXPANSION DRAFT

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

 

Hart 

 

Giroux

Patrick

Konecny

Couturier

Lindblom

Hayes

Rubtsov

 

Ivan

Sanheim

Myers

 

I'm going with this.

 

I know they have to expose 10% of their salary and Jake + JVR + Ghost would be 19.75 mill and go a long way in making that happen.

 

 I'd trade Ghost long before I'd give him up to Seattle.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

 

 I'd trade Ghost long before I'd give him up to Seattle.

 

Oh absolutely i am not giving Seattle anything like that talent wise...no sir...i hate it Ghost but he would be sent somewhere before he is plucked for nothing like to Chicago for Adam Boqvist...( just for an example)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Jake + JVR + Ghost would be 19.75 mill and go a long way in making that happen.

 

I think one of JVR or Voracek will be exposed but not both. They don’t need to expose both to satisfy the salary requirement. Just one would do it. 

 

And as you mentioned, Ghost is easily tradable over losing him outright.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, elmatus said:

I think one of JVR or Voracek will be exposed but not both.

 

Sure but this upcoming season will tell us a lot i think JVR may have more value for the Flyers since he may actually hit 30+ goals this year compared to Jake's regular 20.

 

It will more than likely be one of the two. And how soon they can replace one of them in the lineup the following season.

 

You have Farabee ready to go by then at LW and maybe Allison at RW. We'll know more later this season will be huge in going forward with the plan....maybe a kid like Frost is ready for the 3rd line center spot and you more Hayes into the 2nd line RW spot.

 

It's only a issue if say they actually take Jake then what...no matter i hope they don't give away any good talent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

 

Sure but this upcoming season will tell us a lot i think JVR may have more value for the Flyers since he may actually hit 30+ goals this year compared to Jake's regular 20.

 

It will more than likely be one of the two. And how soon they can replace one of them in the lineup the following season.

 

You have Farabee ready to go by then at LW and maybe Allison at RW. We'll know more later this season will be huge in going forward with the plan....maybe a kid like Frost is ready for the 3rd line center spot and you more Hayes into the 2nd line RW spot.

 

It's only a issue if say they actually take Jake then what...no matter i hope they don't give away any good talent.

 

Yeah, a lot is up in the air. I think it's probably a bit much to expect any rookie to come in and produce at that level right away though. As much as we crap on JVR and Voracek here, they are both productive top six NHL forwards with solid career numbers all around. I certainly hope one some of our kiddos get to that level, but I don't think it's very likely Frost or Farabee are going to score 60-70pts as NHL rookies. Hayes is a known commodity as far as offensive acumen is concerned. I wouldn't place much money on him becoming a replacement for Voracek or JVR any time soon. It's far more likely he gets displaced to 3C over the next year or two imo.

 

The other option worth noting of course is what happens at the deadline if the team is actually playing well and looking at a playoff spot (i.e. not just fighting on the bubble). At that point, Fletch may be reluctant to trade Ghost away. If Ghost has a good year under new coaching and thrives, this convo could get even more daunting going into next off-season.

Edited by elmatus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, elmatus said:

I think it's probably a bit much to expect any rookie to come in and produce at that level right away though.

 

All I would expect is for someone to plug the 3rd line winger hole and go from there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Giroux has a NMC so he can't be exposed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2019 at 9:29 AM, notfondajane said:

I little surprised that you would protect Giroux! I didn't think he was a favorite among Flyers fans.

 

Sure phlfly hates him but that is all I can think of off the top of my head. 

 

Since he has switched to LW only one other winger has put up more points than him. (Kucherov)

 

Giroux ain't going anywhere.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 2/10/2019 at 8:03 AM, elmatus said:

, I figure we'd probably lose Lindblom or Gudas.

Im all for losing Gudas

 

If Fletch can get them to take him, everyone here will laud him a genius

Edited by CoachX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Most Liked Posts in This Topic

    • 2
      Post
      Please take JVR! Please take JVR! Please take JVR!
    • 2
      Post
      Don't make trades in fear of losing a player for nothing during the expansion draft. You're going to lose a player no matter what. Accept it. Make a deal with Seattle directly if you really have to save someone, but you're more likely to hurt yourself than help if you trade players for the sake of not losing them for nothing.   If it's a hockey trade that somehow nets you a player that's exempt, that's something else entirely. 
    • 2
      Post
      Sure phlfly hates him but that is all I can think of off the top of my head.    Since he has switched to LW only one other winger has put up more points than him. (Kucherov)   Giroux ain't going anywhere.
    • 1
      Post
      I'd trade Ghost long before I'd give him up to Seattle.
    • 1
      Post
      All I would expect is for someone to plug the 3rd line winger hole and go from there.
    • 1
      Post
      I know. Thats what nakes it funny
×
×
  • Create New...