Minnesota Wild vs New Jersey Devils, Friday 2-15-19, 7:30pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, EmptyShelf said:

Just sad that we cannot close anybody out.  No heart.  Not that anyone cares, but our old friend, 22, with two more goals tonight.  That is 8 goals with 4 assists in 12 games, versus 1 goal and 1 assist for Rask.  Guess we lost another trade badly, and NN can feel like he got a lifeboat off the Titanic.  Go young and tank is the order of the day.  I have seen enough of the old core. 

You obviously haven't realized Nino is only scoring thanks to a future superstar creating him super scoring chances, like against the Oilers. Take Aho away and Nino is back to his old EmptyShell. But why are you still here? You only moan about this team and hump Nino's leg, shouldn't you be over at the Canes' board as their fan? 🤔

If you score 4, you should win the game. We've done it back-to-back and lost. Offense is the problem we're losing? Nonono...

Dubnyk giving up softies like Cloutier in his prime. We should've won this 4-2 if not 4-1. It's amazing how many unscreened shots near the blueline he can allow. And the OT goal... deja vu Penguins game, anyone? 👎

Horrible. Why is the Wild so determined there's only one goalie in our organization who can start these games? Just like when Koivu's in the lineup, he has to be near the wall on the PP. BB should create himself a solution oriented state of mind.

Another squandered 3rd period lead as Wild falls 5-4 in overtime to New Jersey

Sorry for not posting this right away last night.  What a predictable outcome as Dubnyk implodes and then blames his teammates in his post game comments.  Zucker, Coyle, Staal were a non-factor and despite a gift goal we found another way to lose.  I have a full recap, lots of prospect news and a bunch of high school news too.  

38 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Another squandered 3rd period lead as Wild falls 5-4 in overtime to New Jersey

Sorry for not posting this right away last night.  What a predictable outcome as Dubnyk implodes and then blames his teammates in his post game comments.  Zucker, Coyle, Staal were a non-factor and despite a gift goal we found another way to lose.  I have a full recap, lots of prospect news and a bunch of high school news too.  

I was going to say The Wild have run out of New ways to lose, Since this was pretty much a reply of last.

I'm actually happy for Schneider. I knew the moment he came in our scoring would stop and he would benefit from our inability to hold any lead. 

It doesn't matter if it's 2, 3, 4 goals. The league knows there's a good chance to come back on them so there is no comfortable lead for the Wild anymore. Even The NJ Devils didn't give up down 4-1.

10 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

You obviously haven't realized Nino is only scoring thanks to a future superstar creating him super scoring chances, like against the Oilers. Take Aho away and Nino is back to his old EmptyShell. But why are you still here? You only moan about this team and hump Nino's leg, shouldn't you be over at the Canes' board as their fan? 🤔

Apparently you haven’t seen the games AT ALL.  It isn’t Aho.  It is a different NN.  He shoots much more than in MN and half his goals have nothing to do with Aho.  It is called ‘being used more and differently,’ and not getting jerked around all the time.  He has heavy minutes too.   Are you going to say William Karlsson is the reason Tuch has improved so much too?!?  That is also NOT the case.  We have a toxic system and culture on this team that stifles and misuses younger talent.  No two ways about it. OPEN YOUR EYES.  

34 minutes ago, wildstars95 said:

I feel bad for the fan's of Minnesota, vikings and, wild never knowing championship happiness.

and i feel bad for coach boudreau ,there is no human alive that could coach this current roster to a finals appearance

just saying 😪

It boils down to ownerships not making the right decisions.

35 minutes ago, wildstars95 said:

I feel bad for the fan's of Minnesota, vikings and, wild never knowing championship happiness.

and i feel bad for coach boudreau ,there is no human alive that could coach this current roster to a finals appearance

just saying 😪

I’m a huge fan of BB. He was actually pretty calm after last nights collapse. I was a bit surprised but then again being completely pissed and throwing some players under the bus hasn’t worked. The guy deserves better 

5 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

I was going to say The Wild have run out of New ways to lose, Since this was pretty much a reply of last.

I'm actually happy for Schneider. I knew the moment he came in our scoring would stop and he would benefit from our inability to hold any lead. 

It doesn't matter if it's 2, 3, 4 goals. The league knows there's a good chance to come back on them so there is no comfortable lead for the Wild anymore. Even The NJ Devils didn't give up down 4-1.

Dubnyk is like wet tissue paper in the 3rd period and on opposing power plays.  Devils wanted to give up, the Wild wouldn't force the issue.  

13 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

They'll start winning "next game"...🤣

No way. Very skeptical against St.Louis. A complete pessimist at this moment.

Some fans already observed less activity on our board, because many fans losing more and more their interest and their trust to our team. Fans extremely starving for multiple points and we are not getting them because of the weak team’s efforts.

19 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

Please,:) do not send our fans to other boards. We really need them here. Diversity of opinions is our fans interest. It does not really matter where Nino is playing now, but he is blooming there. And here he was just a faded flower especially for this season. He was tried at different lines without a real persistent success. Not answered questions still are why this happened and why so fast he was kicked out for a less valuable player? A new face – Fenton is an issue? Probably, it would be the same scenario for other players too – Staal, Zucker, Granlund if they will not produce. No doubt - we still have same question why - about their production too. And I believe that in somewhere else team they will bloom again. Time is matter.

20 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

If you score 4, you should win the game. We've done it back-to-back and lost. Offense is the problem we're losing? Nonono...

Dubnyk giving up softies like Cloutier in his prime. We should've won this 4-2 if not 4-1. It's amazing how many unscreened shots near the blueline he can allow. And the OT goal... deja vu Penguins game, anyone? 👎

Horrible. Why is the Wild so determined there's only one goalie in our organization who can start these games? Just like when Koivu's in the lineup, he has to be near the wall on the PP. BB should create himself a solution oriented state of mind.

Agreed, last two important games had a completely an idiotic outcomes for our team at the home ice. In both games two opposite not the best teams were playing back-to-back games and won against our team , which we had a lead initially up to 2-3 goals. We put plenty of goals but Dubnyk was weak especially for those games, and who even was not capable to hold the scores as well losing pucks from the blue lines. And again, not only offense, but both are guilty for this season – our offense and our goaltending. Especially makes me frustrating this year our overall an idiotic poor results at the home ice arena and maybe in the Wild’s history too. I have feelings the Wild team will lose to the St.Louis team on Sunday who has already 8 wins in a row and has an unstoppable fly so far.

In my opinion, it is a time of yesterday(we past already time of now)for a try out. Developing is here in NHL – more games around experienced professional players lead to a better youngsters developing:

1). Kaapo Kahkonen;

2). Dmitry Sokolov;

3). Connor DeWar;

4). Alexander Khovanov.

And some other thoughts

5). trade Dubnyk – we have seen enough out of him in 5 years; he never recognized his evident mistakes; let’s him bloom somewhere else for a better outcome- he merits that;

6). Panarin and Bobrovsky will be free agents from July 1st and both like to try something different (teams and options). Look below for the articles of their recent interviews;

7). Boudreau should not be afraid of Russian players (like he did against of Ovechkin and lost his position), but should take a better care of them, because they usually bring more benefits to the team as well as a better team’s strong winning mentality. NO DOUBT at all! Definitely will be a different team as well as a different core naturally developed too.

8).agreed regarding a Kaprizov – he should be well signed and talked personally by us before he was signed by CSKA, Moscow. 

We are always looking for a treasure somewhere else on trading but most of the time we are not getting as good as we need and most of the time we are ignoring or diminishing badly the treasure that we have, because the Wild organization so far it seems is a blind cocoon forever. Better to keep and use smart those money for the talented prospects instead of wasting them for a less value.

Here are a couple articles to read:

https://www.nhl.com/news/columbus-blue-jackets-artemi-panarin-says-he-will-become-free-agent/c-304644018

https://www.nhl.com/news/columbus-gm-jarmo-kekalainen-talks-trade-deadline-strategy/c-304797360

Archived