Game 58: Red Wings at Flyers; 2/16/19 @ 1

Howie58

The Flyers are favored:

https://sportschatplace.com/picks/nhl/philadelphia-flyers-vs-detroit-red-wings-2-16-19-nhl-pick-odds-and-prediction

The Red Wings have not done well against the Eastern Conference.  But their defense has improved and Jimmy Howard is playing well:

https://www.thesportsgeek.com/nhl/red-wings-vs-flyers-nhl-pick-february-16th-2019/

I wonder how many scouts will be in attendance?

Image result for carter hart save gifs

Projected Lines (Subject to change)

FLYERS (Monday's lines)

25 James van Riemsdyk - 28 Claude Giroux - 11 Travis Konecny
23 Oskar Lindblom - 14 Sean Couturier - 93 Jakub Voracek
21 Scott Laughton - 19 Nolan Patrick -17 Wayne Simmonds
12 Michael Raffl - 44 Phil Varone - 27 Justin Bailey

9 Ivan Provorov - 6 Travis Sanheim
8 Robert Hägg - 3 Radko Gudas
47 Andrew MacDonald - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere

72 Carter Hart
[56 Mike McKenna]

Scratches: 20 Mikhail Vorobyev (healthy), 61 Phil Myers (healthy), 33 Cam Talbot (acquired Feb. 16), 30 Michal Neuvirth (IR, lower body), 37 Brian Elliott (IR, lower body, AHL rehab assignment), 5 Sam Morin (AHL rehab for ACL surgery).

RED WINGS
14 Gustav Nyquist - 71 Dylan Larkin - 39 Anthony Mantha 
26 Thomas Vanek - 51 Frans Nielsen - 43 Darren Helm 
72 Andreas Athanasiou - 41 Luke Glendening - 70 Christoffer Ehn / 59 Tyler Bertuzzi 
27 Michael Rasmussen - 61 Jacob De La Rose - 8 Justin Abdelkader 

55 Niklas Kronwall - 25 Mike Green
65 Dan Dekeyser - 3 Nick Jensen
52 Jonathan Ericsson - 83 Trevor Daley

35 Jimmy Howard
[45 Jonathan Bernier]

Scratches: 28 Luke Witkowski (healthy), 70 Christoffer Ehn (healthy).

Well i sure hope they don't plan on playing McKenna tomorrow. I would rather play Hart again than Mckenna.

Maybe by then Talbot will be in goal.

2 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

A couple of blown coverages there, especially on Ericsson. No way that should have occurred.

I'm behind just got home from the gym I'm at the point where Jake just scored up 4-1.

1 minute ago, FD19372 said:

Sanheim with what kinda looked like a blown assignment there. He has to pick up Mantha there.

Yeah might be time to get him off the top pair would have helped if Ivan could get the puck out.

Those two have been on the ice today for 3 of the 4 goals so far today.

Need to put Sanheim back with Gudas on the bottom pair.

1 minute ago, barouk said:

NO WAY mantha should have been on the ice at end of game. one of the heartless flyers should have knocked him out or at least tried and both off for fighting.  DISGUSTING

Trust me as a Wings fan I get tired of that kind of stuff from Mantha, how about we deal him to you guys for Konecny, lol?

Hart didn't have his best stuff today but they got the win.

Wonder if Talbot comes in and plays without practice?

I sure don't want McKenna in net.

Flyers (26-23-7) are 11-1-1 in their last 13 games, picking up 23 of a possible 24 points

TK with 11 points (six goals, five assists) in his last 11 games, a stretch in which the Flyers are 9-1-1.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Hart didn't have his best stuff today but they got the win.

Wonder if Talbot comes in and plays without practice?

I sure don't want McKenna in net.

Flyers (26-23-7) are 11-1-1 in their last 13 games, picking up 23 of a possible 24 points

TK with 11 points (six goals, five assists) in his last 11 games, a stretch in which the Flyers are 9-1-1.

Did not see hit.  Even 99 said need protection in the league. Flyers learn d.Also keep foot on the pedal.

3 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Why is the 'wings record bad ?

there is speed all over that lineup. I know there's some meh defenders and Vanek but geez that doesn't look like a team that should be under .500. 

1) Poor coaching. Blash plays mind games with the kids, 20 minutes one night, 12 the next, no cohesive units.

2) Injuries to the blue line. Green, Dekeyser and Daley have all missed significant time, sometimes at the same time. Sadly, Jensen, Ericsson and one legged Kronwall have remained healthy.

3) Poor special teams.

4) significant ice time and key roles to low IQ players like Abdelkader and Mantha neither of whom could spell cat if you spotted them a C and an A.

I agree, tons of speed, they are interesting to watch and play hard every night which is more than I can say for last year when they were boring and nearly unwatchable, but we need a new coach who will give guys like Hronek, Cholowski and Rasmussen their due. 

Oh well, next year we might have Hughes lol and last years first rounders may crack the lineup. Hoping that Quenneville is our coach by then, lol.

Archived