Embarrassing

notfondajane

5 hours ago, notfondajane said:

To be sweeper by the Islanders without as much as a fight is embarrassing. Someone (maybe more than 1 person) wasn't doing their job! There has to be some major changes this off season!

Condolences, never saw this coming. 

Pittsburgh was thoroughly out coached by Trotz. I never saw a sweep coming but the Islanders earned every win with their determined play. Changes  are just around the corner in Pittsburgh, the question is will it be players or coaches.....

30 minutes ago, flyerrod said:

Pittsburgh was thoroughly out coached by Trotz. I never saw a sweep coming but the Islanders earned every win with their determined play. Changes  are just around the corner in Pittsburgh, the question is will it be players or coaches.....

They've had their time. They just don't have the depth anymore.

I don't think this result is embarrassing. 

I do think extending the Crosby, Malkin, Letang window caught up with them more quickly than anyone realized. 

And I would have made similar moves to try to maximize the winning with that core, there's no one to fault really, it's the cap and the realities of aging. 

I still don't think this group is done, but they will need extreme good fortune with injuries to if they are to win another championship.

They have been one of the top teams in the league for 10 years now, my pappy always told me "this too shall pass", that applies to good things and bad. 

I'd take the 10 year stretch the Pens just had any day. Sure they should have won more championships...but really ? 3 in 10 is pretty decent and this is the hardest tournament in sports to win. 

58 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I don't think this result is embarrassing. 

I do think extending the Crosby, Malkin, Letang window caught up with them more quickly than anyone realized. 

And I would have made similar moves to try to maximize the winning with that core, there's no one to fault really, it's the cap and the realities of aging. 

I still don't think this group is done, but they will need extreme good fortune with injuries to if they are to win another championship.

They have been one of the top teams in the league for 10 years now, my pappy always told me "this too shall pass", that applies to good things and bad. 

I'd take the 10 year stretch the Pens just had any day. Sure they should have won more championships...but really ? 3 in 10 is pretty decent and this is the hardest tournament in sports to win. 

The sweep was embarrassing. Losing the series wasn't. I mean - the Isles were the higher seed, right? :sweeping-smiley-emoticon:

1 hour ago, flyerrod said:

Players. Absolutely players. Sullivan isn't going anywhere. 

On 4/17/2019 at 11:10 AM, B21 said:

Players. Absolutely players. Sullivan isn't going anywhere. 

I honestly think the Pens need a change of strategies. It looked like the Islanders knew what the Pens were going to do before the Pens did.

Archived