Wild vs. Maple Leafs 10/15/19 @ 6:00PM at Air Canada Center

CreaseAndAssist

We need all the stars in the galaxy perfectly aligned to win games. No chance here, though the effort was good in the first and third. I felt that it would have been nice to give Mayhew a shot at PP, but it turned out he didn't need that chance. He doesn't look like much to me, but he seems to be there when there's a scoring chance. Hopefully he keeps proving me wrong đź‘Ť

5 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

We need all the stars in the galaxy perfectly aligned to win games. No chance here, though the effort was good in the first and third. I felt that it would have been nice to give Mayhew a shot at PP, but it turned out he didn't need that chance. He doesn't look like much to me, but he seems to be there when there's a scoring chance. Hopefully he keeps proving me wrong đź‘Ť

Mayhew barely played 10 mins last night on the 4th line. This is the least of any wild player and his linemates were mailing it in. At least give him an opportunity to play with a better line and more minutes.

• Like 1

Is it just me or does anyone else notice that the wild look so frantic, uncomfortable, unorganized, and untalented in the offensive zone?

Toronto looked so patient and controlled with the puck, the wild never had a chance. 

3 hours ago, Tomdog said:

Is it just me or does anyone else notice that the wild look so frantic, uncomfortable, unorganized, and untalented in the offensive zone?

Toronto looked so patient and controlled with the puck, the wild never had a chance. 

I have noticed. Couple of days ago I described it as 'lack of cohesion'.

That doesn't look like a team, more like a group of individuals put together. Some of them have lost passion for the game and it sure escalates fast... They're like the clerk who's done the same routine work for too long and now could care less what's the end result of his work.

14 hours ago, MNSOTA said:

My father-in-law gives bottles of beer to the dads who are taking kids around their neighborhood for trick or treating.

What a hero!!! Where is that house, lol?

13 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

This team keeps saying they need to play the entire 60 minutes, when are they going to put their money where their mouth is...

I would love to see just 20 minutes first. Then 30, then 40, then 50. After that let's talk about 60 minutes.

What we are seeing is the results of the team trying to say certain players are game changers/super stars for years instead of trying to draft one or actually acquire one. Koivu should have never been made a Captain. Parise and Suter are nothing more then a bill of goods that the team anchored to this franchise for 13 years.

At this point the damage is so badly done I really can't foresee Guerin being able to do any correction for a few years unless a few miracle trades happen. Sadly it appears that toxic environment a lot of us were talking about years ago seems to have contaminated a lot of the players that weren't before. Either Staal is injured  or he is pulling a Suter in where he got a fat contract and now gives a 20% effort. Spurgeon is looking like that. Zucker was never as good as he was before his contract. Players that were giving effort and trying are now doing the typical stand around and give a half hearted try. Hell, Foligno appears to be the fastest guy out there which is scary.

I feel for Bruce. He makes his mistakes for sure but majority of the mess is not even close to his fault. The roster is terrible filled with toxic guys that the franchise made into their "leaders". The players trying and playing hard either get traded or eventually get sucked into the toxic sludge. The "leaders" and core guys are on their second GM and third head coach and more then likely Bruce will be gone before the end of the season. Only that changes is a new coach. Same guys with the same attitude and same power over the coach. They hang out with the owner and just completely ignore the coach and possibly the GM. And what's even more frustrating is the "true fans" just eat it up that the franchise claims it's the coach or just one player away or Parise and Suter are true game changers or super stars. The money continues to flow so Leipold couldn't care less what is going on the ice.

I don't even know if I truly want the team to go into rebuilding mode. We got 6 more years of a two guys that clearly don't sync well with others and seem to have the ability to pass that along to others. I almost think the Wild will have to suffer of just being a non playoff team but not bottom 5 team until Staal, Parise, Suter and Koivu are gone unless the team just told those guys to stay home as they will no longer be using them which we know Leipold is in love with Suter and Parise so it won't happen.

@EJ0226 I thought the team played really well in the first period. Reminded me of the old Jacques Lemaire Neutral Zone Trap. Guys were getting back defensively and just suffocating the Leafs. Almost every time one of the Leafs tried to get the puck over the Minnesota blue line, they'd have a man on them in a heartbeat which would cause a turnover. It was a very pleasant surprise, and then when Kunin scored, I was like "Ok, if they continue to play this way, they have a real shot at upsetting the Leafs. Maybe they finally listened to the coach when he said they have to play defense first and grind out games."

Then the second period happened, and the old Wild we know and love appeared and within six minutes they were losing 4-1. 

I didn't see the third period, but it sounds like they shored things up, but by then it was too late. 

• Like 1

It must be difficult to play as they need to play. There is zero room for mistakes, because there are no players who can score consistently. The defence must be flawless. Staal's been bad, but according to Russo's podcast, he's hurt. Possibly he should not be playing, but Russo wouldn't say what the injury was to make sure the opponents don't start targeting him.

9 hours ago, Starofthenorth said:

Mayhew barely played 10 mins last night on the 4th line. This is the least of any wild player and his linemates were mailing it in. At least give him an opportunity to play with a better line and more minutes.

Together with Zucker and Staal. His position is a center/right wing. He definitely is merit a try. 

Offensively this team is a train wreck.

Someone besides koivu has to start winning faceoffs.

The lack of right handers is really forcing players, who really don't have the skills, to handle pucks on their backhands.

It seems no one has the patients to wait for the best shot or make the shot when it is there.

Until the offense comes around the defense and goaltending will have to be perfect.

20 hours ago, EJ0226 said:

What a hero!!! Where is that house, lol?

I would love to see just 20 minutes first. Then 30, then 40, then 50. After that let's talk about 60 minutes.

What we are seeing is the results of the team trying to say certain players are game changers/super stars for years instead of trying to draft one or actually acquire one. Koivu should have never been made a Captain. Parise and Suter are nothing more then a bill of goods that the team anchored to this franchise for 13 years.

At this point the damage is so badly done I really can't foresee Guerin being able to do any correction for a few years unless a few miracle trades happen. Sadly it appears that toxic environment a lot of us were talking about years ago seems to have contaminated a lot of the players that weren't before. Either Staal is injured  or he is pulling a Suter in where he got a fat contract and now gives a 20% effort. Spurgeon is looking like that. Zucker was never as good as he was before his contract. Players that were giving effort and trying are now doing the typical stand around and give a half hearted try. Hell, Foligno appears to be the fastest guy out there which is scary.

I feel for Bruce. He makes his mistakes for sure but majority of the mess is not even close to his fault. The roster is terrible filled with toxic guys that the franchise made into their "leaders". The players trying and playing hard either get traded or eventually get sucked into the toxic sludge. The "leaders" and core guys are on their second GM and third head coach and more then likely Bruce will be gone before the end of the season. Only that changes is a new coach. Same guys with the same attitude and same power over the coach. They hang out with the owner and just completely ignore the coach and possibly the GM. And what's even more frustrating is the "true fans" just eat it up that the franchise claims it's the coach or just one player away or Parise and Suter are true game changers or super stars. The money continues to flow so Leipold couldn't care less what is going on the ice.

I don't even know if I truly want the team to go into rebuilding mode. We got 6 more years of a two guys that clearly don't sync well with others and seem to have the ability to pass that along to others. I almost think the Wild will have to suffer of just being a non playoff team but not bottom 5 team until Staal, Parise, Suter and Koivu are gone unless the team just told those guys to stay home as they will no longer be using them which we know Leipold is in love with Suter and Parise so it won't happen.

That'd be in Elk River.  Personally, I think this is a reflection of both Fletcher and Fenton...but the most damning is still Fenton who squandered what little flexibility and moveable assets they had and got no future assets for most of them.  

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 7:29 AM, CreaseAndAssist said:

That'd be in Elk River.  Personally, I think this is a reflection of both Fletcher and Fenton...but the most damning is still Fenton who squandered what little flexibility and moveable assets they had and got no future assets for most of them.  

We can't forget the biggest reflection, Craig Leipold either. He needs to be a owner and back off from any decision making other then what color check to sign and if a new GM is needed.