Game 21: Flyers and Panthers; 11/19/19 @ 7:00

Howie58

38 minutes ago, brelic said:

All of them soft as tissue paper. 

I agree with all of them except Coots he will use his body and he will finish his checks.

The other ones I agree and I will say to Giroux will sometimes but no enough.

40 minutes ago, brelic said:

That's who our young guys are learning from.

Exactly that is why I am advocating for trying to move Jake and Ghost now.

I wasn't wanting to move Ghost but now after watching him these past 20 games he needs a JVR come to Jesus trade to wake him. 

I hope Chuckles is burning up the phone trying to move them.

46 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I agree with all of them except Coots he will use his body and he will finish his checks.

The other ones I agree and I will say to Giroux will sometimes but no enough.

Exactly that is why I am advocating for trying to move Jake and Ghost now.

I wasn't wanting to move Ghost but now after watching him these past 20 games he needs a JVR come to Jesus trade to wake him. 

I hope Chuckles is burning up the phone trying to move them.

We definitely need some big skilled players who can also take the  body and battle on the boards. I have no idea how we will get such players. Our trading chips are Ghost ,whos value is way down due to his poor play, Voracek who has a huge contract and is playing like crap and JVR. If we deal Voracek we may have to eat some salary but its probably better to keep him for the expansion draft.

Maybe at the deadline if we still suck there might be a contender who might want these guys and has a young player that plays the type of game we need.

I know we have passed on some big physical wingers with skill in the past few drafts like Matthew Boldy for example. Oliver Walhstrom is another big skilled power wing but the Isles picked him before us.Not saying we didnt pick good players but we picked small guys with skill like Farabee and Brink. 

We can add Cale Makar as another from the 2017 draft that has surpassed Patrick. 

We really needed to hit on that #2 overall gift. Heck, even Necas (drafted 12th), Suzuki (13th) and Thomas (20th) have surpassed him in points per game. 

I hope he comes back fully healthy with a chip on his shoulder. 

14 minutes ago, brelic said:

We can add Cale Makar as another from the 2017 draft that has surpassed Patrick. 

We really needed to hit on that #2 overall gift. Heck, even Necas (drafted 12th), Suzuki (13th) and Thomas (20th) have surpassed him in points per game. 

I hope he comes back fully healthy with a chip on his shoulder. 

Patrick is another softie like JVR, hes big but doesnt play big. We gotta stop drafting nice guys, we need a couple of abrasive players that the other teams hate and hate to play against. 

2 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Patrick is another softie like JVR, hes big but doesnt play big. We gotta stop drafting nice guys, we need a couple of abrasive players that the other teams hate and hate to play against. 

They had one of those. Then they thought playing him for a season with a pelvic tear, fractured ankle, pulled groin, busted mouth, and torn thumb ligaments was a good idea. They were then surprised that his production wasn't up to par and shipped him unceremoniously out of town.

Guy really put everything on the line for the organization and the organization walked away from him.

Good times. 👺

9 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

He is, but I've seen more 'bite' to his game than I ever have from JVR. 

Every once in a while, Angry Patrick would show up and dominate a game on the scoreboard and in the board battles. That's what we need to see more consistently. 

Apparently he's not even skating anymore. :(

1 hour ago, brelic said:

Every once in a while, Angry Patrick would show up and dominate a game on the scoreboard and in the board battles. That's what we need to see more consistently. 

So the question is, in looking at other teams lineups,  is there a team that needs a guy like Ghost that has a young scoring winger with some size and physical style that we can trade with. Ghost is not scoring and he cant play defense , so in essence he is useless to us right now. Friedman is a good skater maybe can step in if we can get a good return for Ghost.

1 hour ago, brelic said:

I remember only one time when JVR stepped up his game to another level. It was in the playoffs against Boston and he was skating hard and storming the net and creating all sorts of offense.  The crowd was chanting JVR, it was awesome.  I have never seen him come close to playing like that since.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

So the question is, in looking at other teams lineups,  is there a team that needs a guy like Ghost that has a young scoring winger with some size and physical style that we can trade with. Ghost is not scoring and he cant play defense , so in essence he is useless to us right now. Friedman is a good skater maybe can step in if we can get a good return for Ghost.

The biggest challenge in trading Ghost is that we're essentially left with Hagg.

And I can't imagine any team trading us a young scoring winger plus a top 4 defenseman, or a solid 5 at worst. So we'd be creating a hole to fill another. 

32 minutes ago, brelic said:

The biggest challenge in trading Ghost is that we're essentially left with Hagg.

And I can't imagine any team trading us a young scoring winger plus a top 4 defenseman, or a solid 5 at worst. So we'd be creating a hole to fill another. 

At this point other than rushing the puck, Ghost cant play defense and isnt scoring, so he isnt much better than Haag. What about Friedman he can skate. 

26 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

At this point other than rushing the puck, Ghost cant play defense and isnt scoring, so he isnt much better than Haag. What about Friedman he can skate. 

At this point the whole team is struggling to score with the exception of Coots, Lindy and TK.

They have actually now given up more more goals (65) than they have scored (63).

And I'm no math scholar or anything but that is never a good thing.

Points are just slipping away.

Edited by OccamsRazor
Stupid phone

13 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

At this point the whole team is struggling to score with the exception of Coots, Lindy and TK.

They have actually now given up more more goals (65) than they have scored (63).

And I'm no math scholar or anything but that is never a good thing.

Points are just slipping away.

If we are still mediocre at the deadline then its time to listen to offers for, G, Voracek, Ghost, JVR and Braun.  Get some good young players  and gut the old regime. TK, Coots and Proverov have been around enough to take over .Clear some salary for some FAs and find a real leader for this team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

Friedman might be an option but he’s injured right now and he’s an unknown quantity at the NHL level. I don’t think they’d go that route until they know he can play in the NHL. And even if he’s adequate, he’s a downgrade from Ghost I’d say. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brelic said:

Friedman might be an option but he’s injured right now and he’s an unknown quantity at the NHL level. I don’t think they’d go that route until they know he can play in the NHL. And even if he’s adequate, he’s a downgrade from Ghost I’d say. 

I think that really depends on what we need more, and what kind of player Friedman might be (when healthy). @RonJeremy is right in that what Ghost brings to the team is very limited to essentially rushing the play and being decent on the point during a PP. I think it's very valid to wonder whether that is what we need right now, or if having someone who may be less flashy but more defensively sound would actually make the team better overall.

Ghost's primary usage is on the PP. He's no longer on PP1, cause Provo is flat out better all around at this point. He's on PP2 riding shotgun with Niskanen, but would he need to be? Not many teams ice two defensemen on a PP line. Hell, more teams ice five forwards than those that do two defensemen. Of the two, Nisky has been easily better than Ghost. So suddenly Ghost went from being our PP1 QB to being third best at the role. 

Defensively, he is easily among the worst on the roster, so it's not like he's providing much value there. If anything, he's been a straight up liability on the ice defensively. I'd almost rather put Hayes back there in his place.

He's a one-dimentional guy, which can be fine if a team really needs whatever that one-dimention is. I'm just not convinced we do.

You're not wrong that it leaves us with only Hagg though. Whether Hagg is worse than Ghost defensively, that I don't know. Neither are very inspiring frankly.

Edited by elmatus

15 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

If we are still mediocre at the deadline then its time to listen to offers for, G, Voracek, Ghost, JVR and Braun.  Get some good young players  and gut the old regime. TK, Coots and Proverov have been around enough to take over .Clear some salary for some FAs and find a real leader for this team.

if fletch trades them, fletch has to find players that can score forwards and d, that's the problem with this team.

Edited by tucson83

39 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

if fletch trades them, fletch has to find players that can score forwards and d, that's the problem with this team.

Sure it's time to get creative even use some picks for help now too.

So let's use some players and pick to create a nice package for the players they trade for don't just make a move just to make a move don't go get some 3rd line winger....if you are going to shake it up then shake it up for a nice player who can really help.

Like i mentioned the other day on another thread...Johnny Gaudreau is on the block...so ok go get him....i'm tired of just going through the motions let's see if the grass is greener on the other side...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sure it's time to get creative even use some picks for help now too.

So let's use some players and pick to create a nice package for the players they trade for don't just make a move just to make a move don't go get some 3rd line winger....if you are going to shake it up then shake it up for a nice player who can really help.

Like i mentioned the other day on another thread...Johnny Gaudreau is on the block...so ok go get him....i'm tired of just going through the motions let's see if the grass is greener on the other side...

i agree and realistically i think fletch has alot of work to get this team back on the track.

2 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

i agree and realistically i think fletch has alot of work to get this team back on the track.

Yes this team needs some goal scorers....they are over stocked on puck passers...

Voracek, JVR, Ghost, Hagg are guys who he should be able to move. The cupboard is full with prospects.

I would even serve up some guys like Rubtsov, Vorobyev, Ratcliffe, O' Brien, Allison, Laczynski, Ginning, Brink and kids like that you just own the rights too. Move some stuff that doesn't fit. 

Voracek, Ghost and Brink should be able to bring you a very very good player back??

[IMG]

Not enough then add to it depends on your target.

Go get a impact player for now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pilldoc said:

Our illustrious captain is on pace for 20G and 30A for a whopping 50 points this year ....just saying ....

Yeah and even Coots is on pace for i think 57 points.

How do they get out of this funk???

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yes this team needs some goal scorers....they are over stocked on puck passers...

Voracek, JVR, Ghost, Hagg are guys who he should be able to move. The cupboard is full with prospects.

I would even serve up some guys like Rubtsov, Vorobyev, Ratcliffe, O' Brien, Allison, Laczynski, Ginning, Brink and kids like that you just own the rights too. Move some stuff that doesn't fit. 

Voracek, Ghost and Brink should be able to bring you a very very good player back??

[IMG]

Not enough then add to it depends on your target.

Go get a impact player for now.

Another reason to unload some of our vets is to free up $$$ for any impact free agents coming up. No idea who is available but if we dont dump some $$ we have no shot

• Like 1