Johnny gaudreau

FlyersFan4Life

22 hours ago, Digityman said:

*If*  the Flames would take Jake or JVR in a trade.....it's clear that they would need something else (pretty decent) in addition. 

Who or what (draft picks) would you be willing to add to make it worth it for the Flames?  

I'm not exactly sure what they need, maybe @Brewin Flames can shed some light there.

2019 1st round pick - probably around the 15-20  pick

2019 1st round pick - hopefully 20+ pick

Farabee?

Ghost?     

How about Ratcliffe who will be knocking on the door next September? 

How about Sandstrom?

Here's the thing.  Flyers finally have picks and several prospects that will be looking to be with the big club shortly.   I'm okay with spending some of that to get the guys that can make a difference and I think Gaudreau can (more so then JVR and especially Jake)

I'd really like to see them go for it while Giroux is still here.  

As a flames fan (hides face).....

And this mini spout off is just that....

The flames have been blanked in 3 of the last 4 games had have a whopping 3 goals in their last 5...not exactly lighting it up, so to even entertain the notion of moving Johnny (no so much) Hockey, the return would have to be something that makes the flames better immdiately. This offensive funk also may have something to do with the fact he is playing the WORST hock hock of his career....

Right now he has 5 goals and 13 helpers...18 points in 25 games, and he's a - 11.

I still don't belive trading away you're best player during a funk is a smart thing to do...unless the return is a HR...

1st round pick, Brink, Frost, Farabee, Morin....the pick and any combo of two would be a starting point, but then again i am delusional.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Brewin Flames said:

This offensive funk also may have something to do with the fact he is playing the WORST hock hock of his career...

Perfect so Is Jake Voracek so a trade and change of scenery might do the both some good.

Johnny always said he wanted to come home to Philly and play what better time than now.

Flyers have plenty of assets from which to deal with. And they need to do is seat at the table and hammer out a deal.

Or phone if they so choose.

Since 2016-17 Jake has 225 points. Johnny has 262. Not a huge disparity i say.

Certainly it can be worked out.

And yet neither team has to do anything. Just a thought.

16 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I would trade you Jake and Ghost and a pick and the rights to Tanner Laczynski for him.

Googles Tanner Laczynski, realizes he played for OSU, and realizes that I am a Wolverine fan...

A stoopid polack who plays for my most hated university....

But then again, my last name also ends in zynski….so F&#K 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

***picks up the phone to dial Flames GM***

How do you feel about Lindholm?   Lindblom and Lindholm would confuse the heck out of me, but I do like Lindholm.     Calgary would need to shed more cap space, though. and looking at it, I don't know how to make that work.  Neither team has much wiggle room.

I don't know how Johnny Hockey works either, but the difference might be easier to figure out with him.

Neither will happen, but  it's fun to throw around.

16 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

How do you feel about Lindholm?

I wasn't the biggest fan of his when he played for my local Canes....however we are talking about Jake here and i would take your week old, stiff crusty sock to get rid of Jake at this point.

So short answer straight up?? Yes let's do it....he can play RW too.

His salary is tolerable....but they would need to free up more cap space to make Jake work.

21 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I don't know how Johnny Hockey works either, but the difference might be easier to figure out with him.

Edit: Never mind...duh...that won't work either.

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brewin Flames said:

As a flames fan (hides face).....

And this mini spout off is just that....

The flames have been blanked in 3 of the last 4 games had have a whopping 3 goals in their last 5...not exactly lighting it up, so to even entertain the notion of moving Johnny (no so much) Hockey, the return would have to be something that makes the flames better immdiately. This offensive funk also may have something to do with the fact he is playing the WORST hock hock of his career....

Right now he has 5 goals and 13 helpers...18 points in 25 games, and he's a - 11.

I still don't belive trading away you're best player during a funk is a smart thing to do...unless the return is a HR...

1st round pick, Brink, Frost, Farabee, Morin....the pick and any combo of two would be a starting point, but then again i am delusional.

Respect. It'd be nice to see everyone on this site realize they are all a little delusional themselves. (Especially Bruins fans 😉)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

How do you feel about Lindholm?   Lindblom and Lindholm would confuse the heck out of me, but I do like Lindholm.     Calgary would need to shed more cap space, though. and looking at it, I don't know how to make that work.  Neither team has much wiggle room.

Neither will happen, but  it's fun to throw around.

Jake 8.25mil til 2024

JVR 7 mil til 2023

Johnny 6.75 til the end of 2022

Either Jake or JVR, and prospect(s), for JG and whoever they can throw in to make the money work (about 1.5 million)

58 minutes ago, CoachX said:

JVR 7 mil til 2023

Johnny 6.75 til the end of 2022

Boy this is really close.   Believe it or not, the Flames can't currently manage that difference and the Flyers can't manage enough to take an additional player in it.    Without looking, I think we currently have $50K and they have like $19K.

I'm sure someone somewhere could probably be waived or whatever to accommodate.   

I was going to say that our cap is without including Patrick, but I'm becoming convinced that it's not going to include Patrick at least for the rest of this season.

Maybe trade Haag or someone for a draft pick or something just to make room.

I agree with @Brewin Flames, though.   Johnny Hockey is not where I'd start if I were the Flames.

I don't know where you make up the difference, but the money for Lindholm/Ghost is awfully close.   Ghost is at $4.5M and Lindholm at $4.85M.   Ghost's contract ends one year before Elias.'

So, the Flyers would have to backfill Ghost's position somehow and jettison $350K.

But what about this  (and @Brewin Flames' head is rightly going to explode.  Calm, this is just EA Sports gibberish):

Ghost/JVR = $11.5M

Johnny/Hanifin= $11.7M

That still leaves the Flyers' looking at $200K in added salary with only $51K to spare.    Either trade Hagg for a pick or waive him and bring up Friedman -- who I hate to use as a 7th but could maybe spot Braun here or there-- and you're about $250K ahead of where you were when you started.

All of this, of course, works from a cap perspective.   How this works from a hockey perspective or, more importantly, from a Calgary perspective is beyond me.

Edited by ruxpin

I think it's hilarious that anybody would want either Dumb or Dumber at *any* cost. And if they did, it would only be to get rid of someone equally bad, or - if it was us doing the trade - worse. 

Edited by Podein25
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

I think it's hilarious that anybody would want either Dumb or Dumber at *any* cost. And if they did, it would only be to get rid of someone equally bad, or - if it was us doing the trade - worse. 

Get off my damn cloud. 

• Haha 1