Game 30: Flyers vs Senators 12/07/19 at 1 pm

OccamsRazor

33 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

Embarrassing. Getting run out of your own building. No push back. Nobody to push back. Maybe Carter Hart will dummy Tachuk.

What happened to the days when Giroux would dominate his hometown team...the guys fire just doesn't burn hot anymore with anything.

That pass from Farabee is the reason the kids are playing: skill.

Didn't look like much, but everything about that, the slight delay, the timing of it to freeze the D-man, the pace of the pass to make sure he was not offside - all of it is elite. That's why the kids have to play, we had to get more skilled.

EDIT: oh, and also: Couturier is a BEAST

Edited by Podein25
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

That pass from Farabee is the reason the kids are playing: skill.

Didn't look like much, but everything about that, the slight delay, the timing of it to freeze the D-man, the pace of the pass to make sure he was not offside - all of it is elite. That's why the kids have to play, we had to get more skilled.

EDIT: oh, and also: Couturier is a BEAST

Isn't he though? Becoming one of the best players in the league.

• Like 3

Tkachuk just pretty  much submarined his team's chance to come back in this game.

I can appreciate his sandpaper, but that was a garbage crosscheck he put on Laughton...especially when his team had control of the puck with their goalie pulled.
He then jumps on Laughton while he is on the ice...he was lucky all he got was a double minor.

Sandpaper and grit is fine....but that was stupidity on his part.
Traded away a shot to win the game to "get back" at Laughton? And in that way? 

Dumb.

Flyers skate away with the win, good on them.
Not the prettiest game they played, but they didn't fold the tents when Ottawa surged.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Tkachuk....what a punk. 

Im glad he did that. Laughton wont forget it. Sets up nicely for the next time they meet.

Overlooking bonehead mistakes (ghost...again), they persevered and got the win. I was happy to see them respond and play with edge. 

Way to punish that ass!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I can appreciate his sandpaper, but that was a garbage crosscheck he put on Laughton.

I love the response!!!

Very nice to get some revenge.

A regulation win is sweet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wow Ghost WTF was that passive sh it...damn...but Hart has to be more careful with that...1st short handed goal allowed by a brain fart.

I think that was entirely on ghost. The obvious part there and Ghost went to sleep and left his goalie stranded. He sits after that if I'm coach. 

Physical mistake is one thing. Mental mistake produced by lethargy and laziness.  Rest for awhile on the bench. 

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

He sits after that if I'm coach.

No sense in sitting him as you said it was on both.

And i understand punishing guys when they make a mistake but there is a fine line there you need to walk sitting guys.

It can be a tool to teach if done properly but if you over use it you will have your team be paranoid of making them and cause them to be scared to do anything.

I would use it to talk to the guys and let them know it's on them to communicate better out there especially around their own goal.

It happens all they can do now is try and make sure if doesn't happen again. One thing i wasn't aware of till they said it was that was the 1st shorty given up this year i think last year they had 10 or 11 so vast improvement there.