How many games will Kassian get suspended for?

AJgoal

How many games will Kassian get?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. How many games will Kassian get?

• 1-3
    • 4-6
    • 7-10
    • 10+

Kassian's kick was pretty similar to Jeff Skinner's, which got him 2 games, but

a) This will be Kassian's 4th suspension, and

b) Skinner's kick was to the leg and Kassian's was to the chest: a more dangerous situation

As ever, the DoPS is extremely inconsistent, so it's not easy to predict what they will do. I would give him 7-10 without thinking twice, but it wouldn't surprise me if he only receives 4-6 games. I saw Oilers fans on reddit describing the kick as a more of a "push", which is about as stupid as it gets.

• Like 3

I'm going with zero.  Despite the fact it was idiotic and extremely dangerous, this asinine league will base [lack of] judgement on the fact they dodged a bullet and no one was hurt.

We'll get yet another brain dead Dept. of Safety telling us how the head wasn't principle point of contact, yadda yadda, leave brain at the door, blah blah blah.

I'm really not kidding with this.

1 hour ago, JR Ewing said:

Kassian's kick was pretty similar to Jeff Skinner's, which got him 2 games, but

a) This will be Kassian's 4th suspension, and

b) Skinner's kick was to the leg and Kassian's was to the chest: a more dangerous situation

As ever, the DoPS is extremely inconsistent, so it's not easy to predict what they will do. I would give him 7-10 without thinking twice, but it wouldn't surprise me if he only receives 4-6 games. I saw Oilers fans on reddit describing the kick as a more of a "push", which is about as stupid as it gets.

Completely agree regarding a dangerous situation. That evident intentional "push" to the chest (right behind the heart position) and even slightly below the heart position could lead to a sudden cardiac arrest.

16 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Completely agree regarding a dangerous situation. That evident intentional "push" to the chest (right behind the heart position) and even slightly below the heart position could lead to a sudden cardiac arrest.

Or, if he misses, or his foot skips up, that's a lot of blood and not much chance for Cernak.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AJgoal said:

Or, if he misses, or his foot skips up, that's a lot of blood and not much chance for Cernak.

Agree, massive bleeding  is another dangerous option. 

Broken sternum and broken ribs with a formed sharp ends pressed by skating blade inside the chest also could present a life threatening situation.

19 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Got 7 games, probably deserving of it, it certainly didn't help his case that Bouwmeester had a massive heart incident a day or two before. 

I'm glad for the 7 games. Hoped for more but was sure the league would opt for idiocy. I'll take it. 

Kassian is a cement head animal. Time for him to go.