Maxim Talbot

Guest idahophilly

game has not started yet but versus just had a live interview with him. He's wearing an A in place of Briere. Just an ABSOLUTE class act. I know we are probably not winning the stanley cup but Holmgren is looking REALLY good at this point. The guys statements were total team/class...

Agreed. He's a team guy, no doubt about it. Holmgren really went out of his way to bring back character guys like Simmonds, Talbot, Jagr.

Not sure about Voracek yet. I'm kinda disappointed by his play thus far. He's all sizzle and no steak.

game has not started yet but versus just had a live interview with him. He's wearing an A in place of Briere. Just an ABSOLUTE class act. I know we are probably not winning the stanley cup but Holmgren is looking REALLY good at this point. The guys statements were total team/class...

he had that on last game too. I didn't know much about him until he came here except for the shushing the crowd after the Carcillo fight a couple years ago. Heard he was a class act and his reputation seems to have been earned. I'm enjoying him being a Flyer

I mentioned this in the Jagr thread, talbot has been awesome , by awesome i mean he's exceeded my expectations for what he would bring to the team by miles... i was very Meh on his signing, but have really enjoyed watching him play for my team, he's good on the PK wins face offs , pots you a goal every 6 or 7th game, wins battles, blocks shots... he's definitley one of the those "character guys" you need, plus he's not ancient like lapperiere was when he donned the orange and black. good good signing.

I was initially really pissed about the signing of Talbot. I never liked the guy. But he's won me over big time! This guy is a heart and soul guy who does whatever the team needs. You can never have enough heart in the room. Awesome signing by Homer. Add to our team and subtract from the enemy. :)

Agreed. He's a team guy, no doubt about it. Holmgren really went out of his way to bring back character guys like Simmonds, Talbot, Jagr.

Not sure about Voracek yet. I'm kinda disappointed by his play thus far. He's all sizzle and no steak.

He certainly got motivated to play against his old team on Saturday!

Talbot's 5 goals already matches Bett's total last season!

who's Betts? jk, I had a feeling we weren't gonna miss him this season. Serviceable player for the money but that's about the best thing you can say for him. oh, and he doesn't straight up blow on faceoffs, but I'm not about to dress someone JUST for faceoffs. and it's not like the Flyers had a tendency to make sure he took all the crucial one's when he was here anyway

he had that on last game too. I didn't know much about him until he came here except for the shushing the crowd after the Carcillo fight a couple years ago. Heard he was a class act and his reputation seems to have been earned. I'm enjoying him being a Flyer

My wife, she is a huge Carcillo fan and I had to explain who Talbot was, how much he brought to the table, and the "shushing" incindent was brought up. She is not happy with this signing,...but she still doesn't understand off-sides either, so.......