Minnesota Wild vs Los Angeles Kings, Thursday 1-28-21, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

10 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

Wishlist:

1. Get Suter off PP1. It's getting back to the non-motion, old men standing around PP that we've seen over the years

2. Break Suter - Spurgeon pair

3. Restrict Suter's TOI - he is not the solution to any problems anymore

4. Let Kaprizov try playing with Eek. Eek has earned the chance for the experience. It's detrimental to morale, if a player plays that well in the third line and does not get any kind of reward

5. A healthy Talbot; Kaapo's alright but too raw yet

6. A Fiala that is not rattled by Kaprizov's emergence - Fiala can excel, but in his own way

All Suter offers at this point is his experience (good and bad).  He is clearly NOT in the top 3 D.  I wonder how long the Wild will let him him masquerade as a Top Line or PP1 D.  His skills (which I was never very high on) have clearly eroded, as has his desire.  This is why I HATE long term deals such as his.  At least they are not allowing him his 28+ minutes any longer.  I became very fatigued by the "he is in the top 2-3 players in the league in ice time" crap.  He never should have been....BTW - why is Walz such a shill for Parise and Suter?  Must be the CL/company line.  I don't think that Clymer has ever held Suter in the regard that Walz has - Clymer was a D, and knows better that Suter coasts often and preserves his energy for his empty second Assists.

As to EEK comment - totally agree.  Let's take the training wheels off him and see what he has.  He is starting to show more of an offensive game, which he sorely needed to show to get the increase in exposure.  We might have ups/downs this year, but I still like this team better than the last few.  Kaprisov and Fiala are becoming studs - and it is about time we had a few.

• Like 1

Walz "Suter is one of the best power play passers that have ever played in the NHL?!?"  By what measure and on what planet is this!?!   Out of all the defensemen and forwards that have ever played the game, you put SOOOOTER in that class?  You then cite has weak A's (that have never put him in the rare air of the greats.  This is why our broadcasts are hard to listen to - particularly with Walz.  Just total homer BS that is completely dishonest. 

Yikes.  A Dumba slapper to the face.  Tough game tonight for freak plays 

Like to see Soucy, Greenway and Foligno protect our meal ticket players.  Klyde being gone and all, perhaps there is a shift away from the 50 ft jawing approach of 9 to more of an 'up in your face' with some limbs moving demeanor.  Nice to see finally.

Fast Start Helps Wild Earn A Win Over Los Angeles

Better start, some actual energy.  I can't help but feel like Johansson was sandbagging early this season.  But after a good 1st he was just ok or forgettable the rest of the game.  Kahkonen is still pretty leaky, but we got enough goals tonight to make that issue a non-factor.  I have a quick gave overview, some thoughts on Johansson, Rossi concerns and prospect news too...enjoy!  

• Like 2

Wow, I was impressed. Never thought I'd see the Wild play a big boy hockey period. The difference that actually wanting to win does!

A positive night. Even Kaprizov hitting, looking strong there too. And then even good old Prosser scoring over in Philadelphia 😂

I just hope Roy didnt get badly hurt. It certainly looked really ugly.

10 hours ago, MNSOTA said:

Well the win was nice. The next four games are really going to suck. 

It seems more ugly games give us most of the time points and wins, and when we are playing mainly soft like we were in previous 2 games (against Sharks and Kings) then we lose. Maybe we should play same way as we did last night next 4 games against well oiled machine Colorado team? Maybe that way will help us to slow down their gears? I am not sure, if Fiala will be playing next game or two because of that unfortunate incident. And that fact will make even more difficult to play against Colorado team. Probably, we should use more tough defensive play of our entire team and more focusing goaltending against them too. I will be happy if we will get at least 3 points out of 4 games, because that team stays 2 steps above other teams of our division.