NJ Devils WIN COVID!

Samifan

Depending on which article you read, Devils have either 10 or 14 players in covid protocol. They played the Sabres twice this past weekend and 2 Sabres are now in protocol with more results pending. Both teams seasons suspended for a week. 

Shocked no Flyers popped positive since playing them last week.

I think the NHL should either:

A) Implement a policy whereby teams must either play on without the affected players (treat them as injured)

OR

B) Those games are dropped from the schedule and the standings are sorted by points percentage. 

There won't be enough time to make up this many lost games in a compressed schedule so the NHL's hand is going to be forced on this pretty soon.

40 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

A) Implement a policy whereby teams must either play on without the affected players (treat them as injured)

OR

B) Those games are dropped from the schedule and the standings are sorted by points percentage. 

There won't be enough time to make up this many lost games in a compressed schedule so the NHL's hand is going to be forced on this pretty soon.

Yeah, I'd say at some point near the end of the scheduled season they'd have to do something like this. It'll be too hard to do anything else. 

Bleg, what a mess of a season. I'm glad I didn't renew nhl.tv this year

• Like 1

23 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Don't you see doubleheaders with 12-minutes periods coming around March/April ?

Otherwise, the score is now 17-17 vs. the Stars. Good ol' ties are back.

33 minutes ago, Math said:

Don't you see doubleheaders with 12-minutes periods coming around March/April ?

lol.  :) 

34 minutes ago, Math said:

Good ol' ties are back

I like ties.

I also like the idea of separating East and West teams so they can only meet during playoffs or preseason exhibition games. 

Here's why:  It makes the game intriguing right to the end since nothing is guaranteed. It leaves unfinished business... that can be resolved later in the playoffs.

The only reason ties got bad is when scoring dried up and too many games were ending in ties. But that was the fault of the NHL not cracking down on goalie equipment much sooner and allowing the hooking, holding, and other junk from the mid-90's to happen without calling penalties.  :) 

On 2/3/2021 at 10:49 AM, WordsOfWisdom said:

OR

How about they shut down the league and pro-rate the cup to the team with the most points...aka the Flyers! 

Count me in! Probably the only way we win one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/2/2021 at 7:22 PM, Samifan said:

Depending on which article you read, Devils have either 10 or 14 players in covid protocol. They played the Sabres twice this past weekend and 2 Sabres are now in protocol with more results pending. Both teams seasons suspended for a week. 

Shocked no Flyers popped positive since playing them last week.

So how do we know they didn't get it from the Sabres?