Game 26: Capitals at Flyers; 3/13/21 @ 7, NBCSP

Howie58

Greetings:

It is hard to believe we are mild favorites:

https://www.docsports.com/free-picks/nhl-hockey/2021/washington-capitals-vs-philadelphia-flyers-prediction-3-13-2021-nhl-pick-tips-and-odds.html

The only place we're better statistically is in faceoffs, but that hasn't meant a lot for the O and B  in recent seasons:

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/wsh-vs-phi/2021/03/13/2020020433

It looks like Samsonov between the pipes for the Caps.  I'll be equally nervous with whomever we throw in goal given recent play.  You'd think/hope the team would adapt and learn with these back-to-backs but that might not be the case.   

We are a month from the trade deadline.  

Edited by Howie58

6-1 Caps.

Farabee with the goal for the Flyers. Flyers 0-3 on PP: 8 turnovers: 23 shots on goal 

Ovie will have 3 points, Craps will go 3-5 on PP: 28 shots on goal.

The amazing Sami has spoken.

P.S. in case you forgot 

#IHATEJAKE 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Samifan said:

6-1 Caps.

Farabee with the goal for the Flyers. Flyers 0-3 on PP: 8 turnovers: 23 shots on goal 

Ovie will have 3 points, Craps will go 3-5 on PP: 28 shots on goal.

The amazing Sami has spoken.

P.S. in case you forgot 

#IHATEJAKE 

So what you're saying is don't even bother to watch.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Samifan said:

I have been watching as a long time fan and in the hope the O and B will be a good break from COVID stress. Of late, they make me wonder if I will live to see another Cup, and they have added to stress.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Howie58 said:

I have been watching as a long time fan and in the hope the O and B will be a good break from COVID stress. Of late, they make me wonder if I will live to see another Cup, and they have added to stress.  

They have basically wasted Giroux and Voracek's career.

Never once in 2010 while the Cup run was going on (Giroux was just a wee lad at 22 years old) did I think enjoy this because this will be as close as they get in the next 15 years.

And here we are 11 years later and they might not even make the playoffs.

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working
  • Like 2
  • Good Post 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I have never in my life been so bored watching hockey. I never used to turn off any Flyer games even if they were losing big, until the past couple of seasons. It feels like I am watching baseball, I can walk away from the TV for 20 minutes and not miss a thing. Think about this , we  recently played the Penguins three times in a row within five or six days and let’s face it, the games were not all that exciting and there wasn’t the type of fire and heated rivalry you would expect. Ten years ago , it would have been a war playing that many games in a short time. There is just not anything that is exciting about this team.

26 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

I have never in my life been so bored watching hockey. I never used to turn off any Flyer games even if they were losing big, until the past couple of seasons. It feels like I am watching baseball, I can walk away from the TV for 20 minutes and not miss a thing. Think about this , we  recently played the Penguins three times in a row within five or six days and let’s face it, the games were not all that exciting and there wasn’t the type of fire and heated rivalry you would expect. Ten years ago , it would have been a war playing that many games in a short time. There is just not anything that is exciting about this team.

Yeah it has been hard it is why I canceled my NHL Gamecenter package this year.

First time since about 2000 I haven't had Gamecenter or Centerice during a season.

And you know there were some lean years during that span even like the terrible season that landed them the infamous JVR but I still ordered the seasons.

After this past disappointing playoff run as soon as the announce Niskanen was retiring Chuckles resigned Braun I called the next day to cancel my subscription.

I just knew something was brewing in the negative fashion for the coming year.

And that is with all these talent that we had drafted and had waited to watch play finally and still said nope I expect it to be a rough year.

And we'll it looks like I made the right call and used that money towards a better cause.

And I have to say unless I see a dramatic change this offseason I will not subscribe I will find a free link and post it here to share for others they won't be getting my hard earned $$$$.

And that is hard to say since I have waited so long for them to finally drafted a Allstar goalie and some good young defensemen and I'd rather not watch.

#ashamed

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah it has been hard it is why I canceled my NHL Gamecenter package this year.

First time since about 2000 I haven't had Gamecenter or Centerice during a season.

And you know there were some lean years during that span even like the terrible season that landed them the infamous JVR but I still ordered the seasons.

After this past disappointing playoff run as soon as the announce Niskanen was retiring Chuckles resigned Braun I called the next day to cancel my subscription.

I just knew something was brewing in the negative fashion for the coming year.

And that is with all these talent that we had drafted and had waited to watch play finally and still said nope I expect it to be a rough year.

And we'll it looks like I made the right call and used that money towards a better cause.

And I have to say unless I see a dramatic change this offseason I will not subscribe I will find a free link and post it here to share for others they won't be getting my hard earned $$$$.

And that is hard to say since I have waited so long for them to finally drafted a Allstar goalie and some good young defensemen and I'd rather not watch.

#ashamed

I don't blame you. They are my local team, so I get them on CSN Philly, but if I had to pay to see them, I would not this season. They are not entertaining, their management does not seem willing, as of yet, to make any improvements, to obvious holes in the team. I am happy that I wasn't able to get tickets this season. Either Fletcher is clueless, which I don't think he is, or management (a) doesn't want to spend money and (b) doesn't have a real clue on how to spend it, since Ed Snider passed away. Scary to think that, he was one of the most hockey knowledgeable people in the organization, when you're supposed to HIRE people who have the most knowledge. One would think, if anything, that they would be trying harder at this point...to win a Stanley Cup. No more patience from me, the time has come to upgrade the roster, and win the whole damned thing. Now or next season, preferably now.

Lines and pairs at practice:

JvR-Couturier-Farabee

Laughton-Hayes-Konecny

Voracek-Giroux-NAK

Lindblom-Patrick-Andreoff

Provorov-Braun

Sanheim-Myers

Hagg-Gustafsson

Ghost-Prosser

Weird, because Ghost was practicing PP before practice & Gus wasn't. So I don't know who's out.

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working

1 minute ago, Samifan said:

Flyers new pet peeve is to throw the puck in front of their own goaltender in an attempt to get out of their own zone. As you can guess it’s almost always a turnover.

It's the Flyers version of "hot potato". Disgusting.

I believe we just witnessed the 12th time already this season that the Flyers have given up a goal within 2 minutes of scoring!

How the f**k does a professional hockey team allow that to keep happening?

• Like 1
  • Uggh... 1

1 minute ago, Samifan said:

I believe we just witnessed the 12th time already this season that the Flyers have given up a goal within 2 minutes of scoring!

How the f**k does a professional hockey team allow that to keep happening?

Unfreakinbelievable, and for those who want to blame the offense, what are they supposed to do, score 6 times a game?

Wonder what it’s like to a have a player that wants to shoot every time  the puck is anywhere near him and loves to blast on the PP?

Ovechkin sets up in the same spot as Giroux on the PP yet Giroux rarely shoots

Edited by Samifan

11 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Wonder what it’s like to a have a player that wants to shoot everyone the puck is anywhere near him and loves to blast on the PP?

Ovechkin sets up in the same spot as Giroux on the PP yet Giroux rarely shoots