Game 27: Flyers at Rangers; 3/15/21 @ 7, NBCSP

Howie58

6 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

On a good note , it took forever ,but we finally did draft some offensively skilled ,shoot first players that seem more exciting than the players we have now. Wisdom, Brink, Foerester and Desoyners all seem to be highly skilled. We also have two big guys that can shoot Allison and Ratcliffe. If Coots gets trade it has to be for blue chip  young players.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Coots will be a Flyer for long time. Bet he gets 7-8 years.  In the off season.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

On a good note , it took forever ,but we finally did draft some offensively skilled ,shoot first players that seem more exciting than the players we have now. Wisdom, Brink, Foerester and Desoyners all seem to be highly skilled. We also have two big guys that can shoot Allison and Ratcliffe. If Coots gets trade it has to be for blue chip  young players.

Dear RJ:

I would like to see the youngins flounder at first and grow up as a kick butt squad, than continue to watch us win against the weaklings and stink against the big boys. 

14 minutes ago, albertaflyer said:

He's a train wreck and doesn't have to the foot speed to correct his mistakes.

I agree with everything you said except the foot speed which he has in spades the problem is the brain is lagging behind to tell him where his feet need to be...which causes him to always be out of position so much.

That is the difference, at the level is you have to think on your feet and be able to process quickly and well i ain't pick on the kid but you can have all the tools in the world but the brain needs to be able to utilize tools in the proper time frame.

And this is what we se still too with Myers and Sanheim....but Ghost is 28 next month and well what you see is what you get.

44 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I agree with everything you said except the foot speed which he has in spades the problem is the brain is lagging behind to tell him where his feet need to be...which causes him to always be out of position so much.

That is the difference, at the level is you have to think on your feet and be able to process quickly and well i ain't pick on the kid but you can have all the tools in the world but the brain needs to be able to utilize tools in the proper time frame.

And this is what we se still too with Myers and Sanheim....but Ghost is 28 next month and well what you see is what you get.

If you watch next game you'll notice Ghost's flat speed is not very good. You will rarely see him track down a player who has a step on him. He looks like he's skating fast because he has a lot of upper body movement but he's really not. I give Sanheim and Myers a bit of a pass because they are both still pretty green NHL defensemen. They both were a lot better last year though when Niskanen was taking up 20 plus minutes a night.  That Vet D man can make all the difference to a younger guy. I would love the Flyers to take a run at Ristolainen. He's still young but he sure plays a tough game. He hits everything around him. Right shot to. I never realized how many kids that play D are left handed until my kid started playing D.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, albertaflyer said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but Coots will be a Flyer for long time. Bet he gets 7-8 years.  In the off season.

Here’s a wake up call ....They don’t have the cap space to sign Coots,Hart, Sanheim, NAK, Patrick and Laughton, who all are needing new contracts. They do need to dump some of these other big contracts somehow In order to even think about signing Coots plus anyone else and also for any future UFAs. Chuck has a big job ahead of him and if we still have a flat cap and all the teams are kinda stuck, it’s gonna be hard to dump any of the vets.

32 minutes ago, albertaflyer said:

If you watch next game you'll notice Ghost's flat speed is not very good. You will rarely see him track down a player who has a step on him. He looks like he's skating fast because he has a lot of upper body movement but he's really not. I give Sanheim and Myers a bit of a pass because they are both still pretty green NHL defensemen. They both were a lot better last year though when Niskanen was taking up 20 plus minutes a night.  That Vet D man can make all the difference to a younger guy. I would love the Flyers to take a run at Ristolainen. He's still young but he sure plays a tough game. He hits everything around him. Right shot to. I never realized how many kids that play D are left handed until my kid started playing D.

I like Ristolianen, we,really don’t have any physical dmen.

5 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Here’s a wake up call ....They don’t have the cap space to sign Coots,Hart, Sanheim, NAK, Patrick and Laughton, who all are needing new contracts. They do need to dump some of these other big contracts somehow In order to even think about signing Coots plus anyone else and also for any future UFAs. Chuck has a big job ahead of him and if we still have a flat cap and all the teams are kinda stuck, it’s gonna be hard to dump any of the vets.

Those 5 guys will not be getting much more than what they are making now. Hart will get a bridge deal. Giroux's contract will be up when Coot's new contract will begin. My guess is I can see Vorachek being left unprotected in the expansion draft or be bought out as some point.   Flat cap for the next three years is what they are saying. There's not going to be a lot of player movement is my prediction. Guys will get what they can get. The best players always get their money it's the NAK's and the Laughton's that will suffer.

7 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

The other option is to deal Coots if the price is right

This statement reminds me of a childhood story...

Im riding in a car with Grandma. She was quite a character and loved a glass of suds. So we are driving along when the po-po pulls her over for something. The officer asks her if she knows why he stopped her? From the backseat this annoying little voice yells out, "because she has beer in her cup!" The po-po heads back to his car and grandma turns to me and says, "Boy, never miss a good opportunity to SHUT THE FCK UP!"

RJ, im invoking grandma on your comment

Edited by CoachX
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

....They don’t have the cap space to sign Coots,Hart, Sanheim, NAK, Patrick and Laughton, who all are needing new contracts

Easy fix... dont sign NAK, Patrick or Laughton

Monkeys are cheaper and play with more aggression 

Watching this game i noticed that in oir offensive zone, we get double teamed a lot. This usually results in panic, and a turnover

On the PP, if a team pressures the puck carrier this usually results in panic, and a turnover

On the PP if you pressure the puck carrier entering the zone, this usually results in panic, and a turnover

In our defensive zone, if you pressure the guy with the puck, this results in panic,  and a turnover

They dont seem to know who they are supposed to pass to when pressured

I wonder if this has anything to do with their poor play?

...oh, Hayes lookes like he is playing stoned

4 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Watching this game i noticed that in oir offensive zone, we get double teamed a lot. This usually results in panic, and a turnover

On the PP, if a team pressures the puck carrier this usually results in panic, and a turnover

On the PP if you pressure the puck carrier entering the zone, this usually results in panic, and a turnover

In our defensive zone, if you pressure the guy with the puck, this results in panic,  and a turnover

They dont seem to know who they are supposed to pass to when pressured

I wonder if this has anything to do with their poor play?

...oh, Hayes lookes like he is playing stoned

That's exactly what the penquins did as well as the capitals.  They had Scotty Upshall on the radio the other day. He said when he played under Tippet he said on the power play if they won the draw the were suppose to get a shot on net within 3-5 seconds of winning the draw. It makes the defenders have to turn their backs to the D men and cause's chaos with the defenders. Actually think it makes sense. And yes Hayes looks like he's somewhere else most nights. Like not even engaged in the game.

6 minutes ago, albertaflyer said:

That's exactly what the penquins did as well as the capitals.  They had Scotty Upshall on the radio the other day. He said when he played under Tippet he said on the power play if they won the draw the were suppose to get a shot on net within 3-5 seconds of winning the draw. It makes the defenders have to turn their backs to the D men and cause's chaos with the defenders. Actually think it makes sense. And yes Hayes looks like he's somewhere else most nights. Like not even engaged in the game.

they  have to start to just put pucks on the net instead of passing it all over the place that results in turnovers especially cross icing it thats dangerous, just put pucks in deep or just skate with it.

47 minutes ago, albertaflyer said:

Those 5 guys will not be getting much more than what they are making now. Hart will get a bridge deal. Giroux's contract will be up when Coot's new contract will begin. My guess is I can see Vorachek being left unprotected in the expansion draft or be bought out as some point.   Flat cap for the next three years is what they are saying. There's not going to be a lot of player movement is my prediction. Guys will get what they can get. The best players always get their money it's the NAK's and the Laughton's that will suffer.

Farabee has one more year until RFA, he’s been our best player, so we also have to pay him. No guarantee Seattle chooses Jake. Buying him out leaves lots of dead cap $.  Laughton has also been one of our best, he will also be due a nice raise. I know most people think he isn’t valuable, but on a team that lacks leadership, heart and plays lazy hockey a clutch hard working guy like Laughton is a lot more valuable than you would think

50 minutes ago, CoachX said:

This statement reminds me of a childhood story...

Im riding in a car with Grandma. She was quite a character and loved a glass of suds. So we are driving along when the po-po pulls her over for something. The officer asks her if she knows why he stopped her? From the backseat this annoying little voice yells out, "because she has beer in her cup!" The po-po heads back to his car and grandma turns to me and says, "Boy, never miss a good opportunity to SHUT THE FCK UP!"

RJ, im invoking grandma on your comment

Grandmothers can be senile ....if I was able to get three quality players for Coots, I would certainly consider it. The team will be rebuilding, if the core couldn’t get it done in their prime, they surely are not getting it done when they are washed up. 

13 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Grandmothers can be senile ....if I was able to get three quality players for Coots, I would certainly consider it. The team will be rebuilding, if the core couldn’t get it done in their prime, they surely are not getting it done when they are washed up. 

Nope!

Im still invoking grandma 👵

• Haha 1