Carter Hart

Star

10 hours ago, Star said:

This was NOT a representative game of Hart, Flyer fans stand fast and keep the faith.

2 hours ago, Brewin Flames said:

Everyone is entitled to have a crappy game/season now and then...it'll pass.

The above comments brought to you by the sensible, sober crowd.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/18/2021 at 6:19 AM, Brewin Flames said:

Everyone is entitled to have a crappy game/season now and then...it'll pass.

It's HOLD FAST.

Not familiar with the term Google it.

The crazy thing is the Flyers are 3-0 vs the Isles this year.

Hart is 2-0.

There will be turbulence...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

The crazy thing is the Flyers are 3-0 vs the Isles this year.

Hockey is weird. 

I don't find it so crazy.

The Islanders ran the table vs the Flyers during the regular season and won a 7 game playoff series also.

It would make sense that the Isles would be the team the boys have in their sights and bring a little extra effort against. 

I would think if there's a team they want to beat more than any other it's this Islanders team.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CoachX said:

its certainly not the Rangers

It will be interesting to see the result the next time they play.

Will there be a residual effect from that whoopin' either way?

They are 2-2 vs the Rangers the first loss was the first game back from the COVID break where the Flyers were mostly Phantoms. And of course no one is forgetting the latest loss.

3 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Hockey is weird. 

I don't find it so crazy.

The Islanders ran the table vs the Flyers during the regular season and won a 7 game playoff series also.

It would make sense that the Isles would be the team the boys have in their sights and bring a little extra effort against. 

I would think if there's a team they want to beat more than any other it's this Islanders team.

Yes and IIRC they owned the Caps last year and this year they are getting owned by them.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, flyers6916 said:

We need to get Hart a real mentor.   Dillabaugh couldn't even make an NHL roster during his brief playing time.   Bring in a hall of fame type goalie to help Hart.   Someone like Broduer,  Roy, Beezer, etc

Stephane Waite is available he helped the Black Hawks win two Stanley Cups.

His resume:

He has coached many current and past NHL goaltenders including Jocelyn Thibault, Brian Boucher, Félix Potvin, Jean-Sébastien Aubin, Jimmy Waite, Craig Anderson, Michael Leighton, Patrick Lalime, Nikolai Khabibulin, Cristobal Huet, Antti Niemi, Marty Turco, Corey Crawford and Ray Emery, in addition to several NHL prospects.

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Stephane Waite is available he helped the Black Hawks win two Stanley Cups.

Waite would be a good mentor. There's no doubt that Hart is struggling this year but I think fans will be surprised how resilient Hart will be and overcome this bad stretch has been for him. From what I've read on Hart, he has a sports psychologist since he was in junior so we'll see how does. It wouldn't hurt to get a veteran defensemen to play along side Provorov to help him like McCrimmon did for Howe.

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

On 3/20/2021 at 11:03 PM, Lindbergh31 said:

Waite would be a good mentor. There's no doubt that Hart is struggling this year but I think fans will be surprised how resilient Hart will be and overcome this bad stretch has been for him. From what I've read on Hart, he has a sports psychologist since he was in junior so we'll see how does. It wouldn't hurt to get a veteran defensemen to play along side Provorov to help him like McCrimmon did for Howe.

Oh there will be fans who turn on this kid especially when he struggles see Carson Wentz.

Hart was the main reason they got as far as they did in last year's playoffs.

And then when they got to the Isles series the whole team got exposed. Big guns weren't scoring and Hart can only do so much.

And many fans forget he too he working on his game and trying to get better every year at a young age of 22.

And now just like Wentz they have put the pieces in place around Hart he needs to succeed. They have no vets to guide this young defensive Corp who are all just learning to walk too.

And we all see it exacerbated by the exit of Niskenen.

And then Chuckles resigns a D man who was exposed during the playoff run because of his lack of speed in a desperation move.

Add then he adds a guy who is worse than Ghost in his own end.

That was his help for this young team.

So once again like Wentz GM Howie Roseman comes up short and it falls on the young hopeful youth to just carry the club.

And when Wentz after the previous year carried his club to the playoffs and struggle with the whole team it seems like he was single out blamed and then was easily ran out of town.

Not sure if you follow football but I pray this doesn't happen to this young kid too.

We'll see...

On 3/22/2021 at 6:45 AM, OccamsRazor said:

Oh there will be fans who turn on this kid especially when he struggles see Carson Wentz.

Hart was the main reason they got as far as they did in last year's playoffs.

And then when they got to the Isles series the whole team got exposed. Big guns weren't scoring and Hart can only do so much.

And many fans forget he too he working on his game and trying to get better every year at a young age of 22.

And now just like Wentz they have put the pieces in place around Hart he needs to succeed. They have no vets to guide this young defensive Corp who are all just learning to walk too.

And we all see it exacerbated by the exit of Niskenen.

And then Chuckles resigns a D man who was exposed during the playoff run because of his lack of speed in a desperation move.

Add then he adds a guy who is worse than Ghost in his own end.

That was his help for this young team.

So once again like Wentz GM Howie Roseman comes up short and it falls on the young hopeful youth to just carry the club.

And when Wentz after the previous year carried his club to the playoffs and struggle with the whole team it seems like he was single out blamed and then was easily ran out of town.

Not sure if you follow football but I pray this doesn't happen to this young kid too.

We'll see...

I don't disagree with what you're saying when it comes to some of the Philly fans but from what I've read regarding Hart, he seems to have a pretty level head on his shoulders. Fletcher does have to make some trades to get veteran D to help out the young D core which will also help Hart. It seems one of the Flyers most consistent problems is finding snipers who can score when setup. Giroux seems to not care anymore so if there is some way to trade him that would be a start.

I stopped counting at SIX plays that Voracek lazily passed/attempted clear up the middle of the ice in the defensive zone.   What does it take to sit his ass?

And what in the hell was Ghost doing on Bullweasel's goal?    Ghost is just terrible.  Try him at wing and then move on already.

Edited by ruxpin
  • Good Post 1

59 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I stopped counting at SIX plays that Voracek lasily passed/attempted clear up the middle of the ice in the defensive zone.   What does it take to sit his ass?

Fire the coach. He's the problem :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lindbergh31 said:

Fletcher does have to make some trades to get veteran D to help out the young D core which will also help Hart.

I agree, so i ask you if you and i can see this......we know they should be able too.

So WTF are they waiting for??

To be completely out the race before they attempt to fix what wrong with the team??

14 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

To be completely out the race before they attempt to fix what wrong with the team?

Maybe so.

I imagine there is a loy we dint know when it comes to trades. I doubt its as easy as making a call. Maybe there are people he has to answer to, that wont allow the trade of a player like Giroux while there is "still" a chance. What if it takes them being completely out, or likely to be so, before the green light comes on

6 minutes ago, CoachX said:

What if it takes them being completely out, or likely to be so, before the green light comes on

I guess i'm good with that because i can see that happening. But i don't have to watch this car crash.

And that could be it, Chuckles gives them every chance to fix this within before he does something and then the only thing he does it sell players off for assets and then goes into the offseason to fix this dumpster fire.

All i know they are on a downward spiral in so no end of...

7 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I didnt watch.

I watch up until the tied it up 1-1 then i joined the wife to try and finish up the last season of Deadwood.

I have not watched a complete game this year of this team...just can't do it. Won't do it.

They will not get any of my hard earned $$$$$ for a long time till i see vast improvement.

I just hope next season when the fans are allowed back the don't show up and let them know and keep the stands empty....maybe the only way they get it.

And please can we hurry up and trade Nolan Patrick before the NHL finds out he is a fraud....

On 3/23/2021 at 10:12 AM, OccamsRazor said:

I agree, so i ask you if you and i can see this......we know they should be able too.

So WTF are they waiting for??

To be completely out the race before they attempt to fix what wrong with the team??

Because we're armchair GM's with no creditability 🙂, but Fletcher has to realize in this strange season if they can get rid of some players for picks then go for it. He still has to get a veteran D to play with Provorov and find a sniper to go into next year. I believe Hart will be fine and be the goalie we as fans hope he will be. The bright side is this year may help the Flyers resign Hart to a friendlier contract but we'll see. As fans we just got to hope that Fletcher uses some common sense. After 45 years of cheering for this team I don't get too excited whether the Flyers do well or suck, I think the only time I'll be excited is if they ever win the cup again and I'm still alive to see it.

• Like 3

It has to be a top priority to try and get Carter Hart back to playing like we saw come last playoff run.

When we saw him go 9-5-0 2.23 gaa 926% and 2 shutouts.

It's in there. They just need to find it. That will be a huge boost if they can get him going.

If not it won't matter what roster moves take place there will be no playoffs for the club.

Moose can not carry this team.

Next year the Fyers need to bring Ersson over to get him going on his transition to North America.

I'm afraid at this point Felix Sandstrom is a bust and it is time to starting finding Hart some younger help in goal. 

Ustimenko and Ersson can be a good tandem in goal for the Phantoms.