This and that First Canadian game postponed Kings AHL all black line

yave1964

Montreal has two players Armia and Kotkaniemi who are in Covid protocol and thus the first ever game where the men are men and the moose are afraid has been cancelled. double frick. Just traded for Allen in my fantasy team to handcuff with Price so now I may lose both for the week. Frick frick frick.

The Ontario Reign had the leagues first all black line in super prospect Quinton Byfield, Akill Thomas and journeyman Devante Smith-Pelly. The trio combined for four goals, six points and Thomas scored in the shootout in a 5-4 win over Bakersfield. Damn shame that in the history of the game it has taken this long.

I have more or less quit reading the fourth period, the latest is the Leafs are going to trade for Glendening and Quick, Taylor Hall was supposed to go there last week. Apparently nobody who works for them realizes the Cap is still a thing and the Leafs are up against it. apparently everyone with a French sounding last name is supposed to go to Montreal and the Leafs get everyone else. Damn thing is even if that happened the Leafs would probably still find a way to choke it away in the playoffs. OH and Dreger says Mikael Granlund is linked to the Leafs. Again-salary cap. 

Travis Boyd has been claimed by the Canucks off waivers from the Leafs. Maybe between losing Boyd and Vesey the Leafs can add all of the above players and maybe even a Frenchy or two that the Habs pass on.

2 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Montreal has two players Armia and Kotkaniemi who are in Covid protocol and thus the first ever game where the men are men and the moose are afraid has been cancelled. double frick. Just traded for Allen in my fantasy team to handcuff with Price so now I may lose both for the week. Frick frick frick.

The Ontario Reign had the leagues first all black line in super prospect Quinton Byfield, Akill Thomas and journeyman Devante Smith-Pelly. The trio combined for four goals, six points and Thomas scored in the shootout in a 5-4 win over Bakersfield. Damn shame that in the history of the game it has taken this long.

I have more or less quit reading the fourth period, the latest is the Leafs are going to trade for Glendening and Quick, Taylor Hall was supposed to go there last week. Apparently nobody who works for them realizes the Cap is still a thing and the Leafs are up against it. apparently everyone with a French sounding last name is supposed to go to Montreal and the Leafs get everyone else. Damn thing is even if that happened the Leafs would probably still find a way to choke it away in the playoffs. OH and Dreger says Mikael Granlund is linked to the Leafs. Again-salary cap. 

Travis Boyd has been claimed by the Canucks off waivers from the Leafs. Maybe between losing Boyd and Vesey the Leafs can add all of the above players and maybe even a Frenchy or two that the Habs pass on.

Stop crushing my dreams of Vlasic getting shipped to Montreal!

4 hours ago, yave1964 said:

The Ontario Reign had the leagues first all black line

OMG. (Begin rant.)

It's NOT an accomplishment!

Please stop making everything about race.  

4 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Damn shame that in the history of the game it has taken this long.

No, it ISN'T a shame that it has "taken this long". It's fully JUSTIFIED and WELL DESERVED that it has taken this long. It's exactly what SHOULD have happened. It's the cold hard reality of DEMOGRAPHICS and STATISTICS laying the truth out for all to see. 

It's a "shame" that black people never had an interest in hockey. It's a "shame" that black people laughed at hockey as a sh_t sport and blew it off to play basketball and football in large numbers. Hockey leagues did NOTHING wrong here. There is NO racism holding back black or asian players.  Black people (overwhelmingly) don't give a f_ck about hockey. If they did, they'd be playing it in large numbers. You'll never see the game of hockey played in a black country. They're not interested. The NHL has worked for a century to grow the game, and look where the game is popular: same places it always has been. No entry in Asia, Africa, South America, or anywhere else. The core of hockey is Canada, Europe, and a TINY PORTION of the US. 

The truth is... fans don't care.  I've watched hockey for 30 years now and not once have I EVER cared what skin color the players were. I watch the TV and don't see race... and I'm starting to think I'm the only one. Stop making an issue out of it. Stop buying into the "EQUAL OUTCOME" communist crap that is invading our society today (as China continues to exert its massive influence over our culture). We live in a MERITOCRACY. You get places based on HARD WORK and TALENT, not by your skin color. I hope that never changes. If there was a black Wayne Gretzky, he'd by drafted #1 and playing in the NHL. There isn't. Nobody is stealing pucks out of the hands of black people. Nobody is melting the ice while they play on it. We build rinks and white people show up to play. There's NOTHING WRONG with that. If the NHL is 100% white people, there is NOTHING WRONG with that. 

When your sport is a cold weather sport played in cold weather countries it's going to consist mostly of white people. Let white people enjoy having a sport free from racial scorekeeping. Can white people enjoy ANYTHING in peace today? Can we have ANYTHING in this world that isn't infected with politics, quotas, and b_tching?

(End rant)

I don't mean to be hard on you. I'm angry with this TOPIC and want it to DIE, not with you.   

13 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Montreal has two players Armia and Kotkaniemi who are in Covid protocol and thus the first ever game where the men are men and the moose are afraid has been cancelled.

What is it with Finns and COVID? Seriously!

8 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Please stop making everything about race.  

Ima go ahead here and just assume you're white.

In which case, go take your rant and sit quietly in the corner while the adults talk about real issues affecting real people in the real world.

Race is a real thing, a real issue, with real consequences for many, many people across the world. Stop trying to pretend it isn't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, radoran said:

Race is a real thing, a real issue, with real consequences for many, many people across the world. Stop trying to pretend it isn't.

No it isn't.  Canada's population has been overwhelmingly white. If you're from the US then you wouldn't understand the difference.

The first thing a Canadian citizen notices (when traveling to the US) is that you have black people. For over HALF of my life, I could walk around my city and never see one. (Not joking.) Sure, there were black people in places like Toronto, but a very small minority of the population, and it was only a Toronto thing. 

There has never been racism in Canada against black people like there has been in the US because there haven't been any black people IN Canada to begin with. It's only in the past few decades that we've seen a dramatic shift in the demographics. You can't be racist against something that DOESN'T exist! 

Stop buying into this phony media narrative of widespread racism. It isn't true. In fact, the OPPOSITE is true. Black people are loving Canada so much that they're moving up here in droves. They're treated like royalty here. Every white female in Canada wants to date a black guy because they're DIFFERENT. In a room full of white guys, the black guy is unique, and unique wins. 

I suppose everyone is going to say that the NHL has been discriminating against asian people and women all this time too. That "it's a shame" we haven't yet had an all-female line or an all-asian line. How many New Zealanders have played in the NHL? Total discrimination against New Zealanders! 

I'm sure people are going to advocate that every NHL roster needs to be 50:50 male:female, otherwise it's obviously a sexist, mysogenistic league! 

I'm sure people are going to advocate that every team should have racial quotas. Every future NHL roster will have to consist of 25% white, 25% black, 25% asian, and 25% latino players... because that's totally "fair" to white people. Never mind that they represent 99% of the players playing the sport. We just have to shoehorn some "diversity" in there to "even things up". 

It just never ends. It's a sickness is what it is. It's absolutely a sickness and it didn't exist when I was growing up. This is a recent thing and it needs to die as quickly as it was created. Once the wretched, festering, stinking pile of "equal outcome" takes over your life, then you stop seeing successful people as talented and hard working and start seeing them as being some sort of royal ruling class of elites who were gifted their position in society and which needs to be undone to "make things right".  Of course, these nuts have it exactly backwards.

Forced diversity is meddling in personal free choice and the free market, everything we value in our culture. We value that people have a right to choose what they want to do for a living in our culture without being coerced/forced into a particular line or work by some closet racist who is keeping "score" and trying to further their own agenda.

3 hours ago, radoran said:

Ima go ahead here and just assume you're white.

In which case, go take your rant and sit quietly in the corner while the adults talk about real issues affecting real people in the real world.

THIS. One thousand times this.

Look, it is a nice story, first ever black line in pro sports, race is an issue simply because race is an issue and will be until it isnt. Hopefully someday we can have the same thing some day in the NHL.

• Like 1

Fair warning to all, keep this topic civil or it will be shut down ..... though racial inequality is a worthy topic to be discussed among mature adults, it can bring out deep emotions to all involved.  

Technically per our Forum Guidelines this topic should not be allowed as there are other internet forums to discuss racial inequality.....

"Refrain from Political, Religious and other content that may be offensive to our members as we all have different backgrounds and beliefs"

https://www.hockeyforums.net/guidelines/

However, it was mentioned with a hockey reference and for now this topic will remain open but with a very short leash.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Fair warning to all, keep this topic civil or it will be shut down ..... though racial inequality is a worthy topic to be discussed among mature adults, it can bring out deep emotions to all involved.  

Technically per our Forum Guidelines this topic should not be allowed as there are other internet forums to discuss racial inequality.....

"Refrain from Political, Religious and other content that may be offensive to our members as we all have different backgrounds and beliefs"

https://www.hockeyforums.net/guidelines/

However, it was mentioned with a hockey reference and for now this topic will remain open but with a very short leash.

I thought it was a nice feel good story. No idea someone would subvert what really was a cool situation.  Lock it or take it down if you think it is necessary. 

• Like 1