Expansion draft list

Tomdog

So what is everyone's idea on the expansion draft protection list.

Assuming we can get Parise to waive his NMC.

Do we protect 8 and a goalie, or 7 and 3 defensmen?

My thinking right now would be,

Fiala, Kaprisof, EEK, Zuccerelo, Brodin, Spurgeon, Dumba, Soucy, and Suter, only because we have to, and Kakonen.

I really don't see any of the forwards that indispensable right now.

So what did I miss.

26 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

Do we protect 8 and a goalie, or 7 and 3 defensmen?

You can protect a goalie and 7 forwards and 3 defensemen for a total of 10 players

Or any combo of 8 players.

A team's list of players who are not protected in the draft must meet certain requirements.

Of a team's defensemen exposed to the draft, at least one must be under contract in 2021-22 and have played in at least 40 NHL games the prior season, or played in at least 70 NHL games in the prior two seasons. 

Teams must expose two forwards who under contract in 2021-22 and have played in at least 40 NHL games the prior season, or played in at least 70 NHL games in the prior two seasons.

Of the goaltenders who will be exposed, at least one must be under contract in 2021-22 or will be a restricted free agent at the end of his current contract immediately prior to 2021-22. If a goaltender is exposed who is a restricted free agent, he must have already received his qualifying offer.

• Good Post 1

3 hours ago, Lonkkis said:

Kaprizov is exempt due to him being a 1st year player

Ah yes I forgot about that one. I thought I saw 8 skaters and 1 goaltender. 
My biggest question is, which forward would you rather have over a dumba/soucy combo?

Right now I feel either of those 2 would be taken over everyone not on my first lst of 8

So I read the article and kind of disagree with some of it.

I'm not convinced that Greenway is less expendable than Dumba or Soucy.

I did forget about Foligno as he has been out for awhile.

The ideal problem solver would be to get Parise and Suter to realize that Seatle relly wouldn't take them anyway, so for the good of the team, waive the NTC.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/9/2021 at 2:55 PM, ClusterChuck said:

Hopefully there's no deals made this time around. I have way more faith in Guerin but let's not go that route please.

And he did not. I am also opposite of any trades in the team during the spring when chemistry among the players is already developed of different levels. Better by doing this during off seasons.

• Like 3