Vigneault to be fired? (with article)

FD19372

49 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Look at the top 4 scorers for the team and it's Giroux, Voracek, Couturier and VanRiemsdyk.

The leaders were the best players when viewed through the lens of production.

please pardon the length...next time I'll be better...

"through the lens of production" is one of 2 things we have to go on, production - what was expected, what was delivered - and the "eye test." All the rest is intangible stuff we're generally not privy to. That's about it. What you expect, what you got, and what you saw on the ice. And the last one is open to many versions, all kinds of interpretation.

I'm not so sure "the leadership" on the team is responsible for any of the mess that is the Flyers. In a general sense, sure, they're leaders they're supposed to lead...to wins not to 9-0, 8-3 losses in a week, not to starting the game in the 2nd period. Etc. Etc. But you can't blame the leaders for your own mistakes, your own lack of preparation, your own Fk It attitude.

What you can blame leaders for is having a shtty attitude. I'm not talking abrasive personality I mean a real Who-gives-a-damn attitude. I'd be shocked if Giroux, Voracek or Couturier is viewed that way. Hayes, JVR -well I'd say it's obvious those 2 simply check out for long stretches. Giroux does not, Voracek and Couturier do not. You may hate the way they play but that's different from not showing up, not giving an honest night's work. I'll spot every NHLer a handful of games per season where they just don't have it...the legs are shot, their head is not into it, whatever. The only Flyers I see who go beyond a handful is Hayes and JVR.

I highly doubt AV gets fired this summer. Unless he requests it I'm sure he'll be back. Now his staff...needs a shakeup. We can't troll the bottom of the league again in special teams.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

please pardon the length.

That is what I told my wife last night....

...so I just folded it in half and used a shoe horn.

Oooops.

TMI?

:NinjaLookLeftRight1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Good. now we can put that issue to bed, and start discussing who comes in, and who gets booted out!

I've mentioned I'm not a fan of Vigneault, but I'm ok with him coming back. His staff on the other hand....

this may not a little off topic but fans are going 180 on q in florida to be fired like come on!!, tampa bay is the worst matchup for every team right now, that's why im not upset about the flyers taking a step back because in the end, we still have to beat tampa to get to the finals like it's a lose/lose situation until we get some of tampa's players or they go to another conference.

it's just not our time yet.

• Like 1