Vigneault to be fired? (with article)

FD19372

This rumor originated from Larry Brooks of the New York Post. This would be a disgrace, if this happened. The overpaid, country club players who aren't leaders, need to be fired. This team was assembled poorly, in this blind faith thought that all of their young players would pan out or excel. They were woefully inept because of not having the necessary leadership defensively.

Thoughts?

• Good Post 1

1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

This rumor originated from Larry Brooks of the New York Post. This would be a disgrace, if this happened. The overpaid, country club players who aren't leaders, need to be fired. This team was assembled poorly, in this blind faith thought that all of their young players would pan out or excel. They were woefully inept because of not having the necessary leadership defensively.

Thoughts?

Do you have a link to the article ?

If there is a big roster turnover "Crazy Charlie's Everything Must Go Sale", then I think AV may not want to stick around for that.

Also- I don't know what happened to the team after they got COVID.

It seemed to affect every single person except Justin Braun negatively.

I include AV in that assessment. 

Maybe after feeling like they've cheated death or serious illness they didn't feel like laying out in front of an 90 mph clapper right away... I don't know it seemed like whatever was going on- got to him too though.

Obviously some changes need to be made, back when there was some "hope" the special teams cost the team games many nights this season.  That's where I feel there needs to be a big change, coaching and personnel. 

I don't think he should be fired.

Next season if this **** show continues ? -well then don't let the door hit you on the way out, but I'd give him a top pairing D some more toughness and see if he can resume the upward trajectory. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

Do you have a link to the article ?

If there is a big roster turnover "Crazy Charlie's Everything Must Go Sale", then I think AV may not want to stick around for that.

Also- I don't know what happened to the team after they got COVID.

It seemed to affect every single person except Justin Braun negatively.

I include AV in that assessment. 

Maybe after feeling like they've cheated death or serious illness they didn't feel like laying out in front of an 90 mph clapper right away... I don't know it seemed like whatever was going on- got to him too though.

Obviously some changes need to be made, back when there was some "hope" the special teams cost the team games many nights this season.  That's where I feel there needs to be a big change, coaching and personnel. 

I don't think he should be fired.

Next season if this **** show continues ? -well then don't let the door hit you on the way out, but I'd give him a top pairing D some more toughness and see if he can resume the upward trajectory. 

Here ya go.

https://www.letsgoflyers.net/articles/report-vigneault-done-with-flyers/?fbclid=IwAR0yQvqkAnTv_XpN4nTe0cHKd0HZSSSdaZ1poNDvFUdrKFcoLkX3jiUXwOg

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I am not sure how this can be just blamed on AV. But the whole team production took a nose dive.

And now look at the results.

I mean damn goalies are suddenly bad??

Or is this just a result of putrid D and guys just not playing well as a team??

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

I mean damn goalies are suddenly bad??

Or is this just a result of putrid D and guys just not playing well as a team??

Yes!

The goalies were terrible this year.

The team was terrible on special teams.

There was a post COVID stretch of games where the team would be playing pretty well, out shooting the opponent and then a thing would happen and it always wound up in the back of the net. Guys with years long scoring droughts are suddenly looking like Lindsey trophy winners.

Hart and Elliott were great pre COVID then post COVID could not suck enough.

The team just never got it together- for whatever reason. 

There were 2 or 3 games where every facet looked alright,  and that was it. Something was always off. 

• Like 1

Someine recently posted a statement from AV. It said something to the effect of them knowing what the issues are (internally), and that certain players may be the issue

Im still of the opinion that core and or key playersnon this team are a cancer. I think there is an internal rift revolving around players who have quit on AV and the franchise

If they fire AV, we are in for more of the same 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Someine recently posted a statement from AV. It said something to the effect of them knowing what the issues are (internally), and that certain players may be the issue

Im still of the opinion that core and or key playersnon this team are a cancer. I think there is an internal rift revolving around players who have quit on AV and the franchise

If they fire AV, we are in for more of the same 

Yes like the ones who don't believe in playing for 60 minutes let's start there.

They can not let the inmates run the asylum. It can't happen.

Blow it up weed them out. And this offseason is the perfect time to do so.

AV in my mind gets one more full year with a retooled lineup. They must give him the things he needs to succeed.

And it starts with the players who buy and believe in where he wants them to be within the system.

Everyone on boards nees to be rowing no space or time for passengers.

Those need to go overboard.

It's a must.

• Like 2
  • Good Post 2

21 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yes like the ones who don't believe in playing for 60 minutes let's start there.

They can not let the inmates run the asylum. It can't happen.

Blow it up weed them out. And this offseason is the perfect time to do so.

AV in my mind gets one more full year with a retooled lineup. They must give him the things he needs to succeed.

And it starts with the players who buy and believe in where he wants them to be within the system.

Everyone on boards nees to be rowing no space or time for passengers.

Those need to go overboard.

It's a must.

It concerns the hell out of me, that a team executive has already come out and stated that there will be no significant changes coming this season. It looks like I'll be rooting for another team next season, as well.

3 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

It concerns the hell out of me, that a team executive has already come out and stated that there will be no significant changes coming this season. It looks like I'll be rooting for another team next season, as well.

There is no motherf**king way that is true!

No ******** way. I do not believe this.

I just can't and you're not passing me off this early in the day...I have no Bouton within reach. I won't let it happen.

• Like 1

I get this because it to me is a no Brainerd.

But WTF about the damn vets making all the damn money what about them?

Fletcher says that the young players need to be better. Aside from Joel Farabee, the young players either plateaued or took a step back. That's concerning to him.

Like everyone else, I don't really know what the problem is but I wouldn't pin this on AV. 

From what I saw/read/felt something is wrong with Hayes.  He flat out sucked all year save for a few games.  I'm not sure what happened but he was dreadful.   Maybe he's part of the lock room issues if there are any.  Not sure.  It's all hearsay at this point.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Digityman said:

Like everyone else, I don't really know what the problem is but I wouldn't pin this on AV. 

From what I saw/read/felt something is wrong with Hayes.  He flat out sucked all year save for a few games.  I'm not sure what happened but he was dreadful.   Maybe he's part of the lock room issues if there are any.  Not sure.  It's all hearsay at this point.

Hayes is exactly what he came advertised as...a guy who takes plenty of games off and gets benched for it. Then traded. Except now he has an immoveable contract that our management (and nobody elses) thought he deserved. 

He's exactly what a bunch of us warned he'd be. 

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Like 2
  • Uggh... 1

2 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Hayes is exactly what he came advertised as...a guy who takes plenty of games off and gets benched for it. Then traded. Except now he has an immoveable contract that our management (and nobody elses) thought he deserved. 

He was brought here because AV sold him to Flyers management. God knows why he is infatuated.

4 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Well then.  You just ruined the next 5 years of my life.  Thanks.

28 minutes ago, Digityman said:

Unless he is responsible for labotomizing the team.

Then off with his head!!!!

:salute:

44 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

There is no motherf**king way that is true!

No ******** way. I do not believe this.

I just can't and you're not passing me off this early in the day...I have no Bouton within reach. I won't let it happen.

well, someone big has to go because if they are saying they need defense and goaltending it means big contracts have to go, right now, they cant afford any players if they are keeping the same team.

they cant throw the leaders under the bus, if they do that in the media then big fas wont come here because they will be treated as scapgoats and no one will want our players as well if they are bad.

Edited by tucson83

50 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

But WTF about the damn vets making all the damn money what about them?

Don't shoot the messenger but. The vets led the team in scoring.

So draw your own conclusions...the vets aren't as good as the opponents superstars etcetera.

however, Look at the top 4 scorers for the team and it's Giroux, Voracek, Couturier and VanRiemsdyk.

The leaders were the best players when viewed through the lens of production.

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Don't shoot the messenger but. The vets lead the team in scoring.

So draw your own conclusions...the vets aren't as good as the opponents superstars etcetera.

however, Look at the top 4 scorers for the team and it's Giroux, Voracek, Couturier and VanRiemsdyk.

The leaders were the best players when viewed through the lens of production.

well, someone has to go if we are going to spend in fa, right now we have no cap.

• Like 1

Just now, tucson83 said:

well, someone has to go if we are going to spend in fa, right now we have no cap

I agree, I also agree with your point about Fletcher and AV not devaluing their assets ie the veteran players.  

Can't be saying these guys all suck, how about you trade a couple of  your good players for our stinkin,' lousy, rotten ,no-good, lay-about, douche nozzles. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

25 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I agree, I also agree with your point about Fletcher and AV not devaluing their assets ie the veteran players.  

Can't be saying these guys all suck, how about you trade a couple of  your good players for our stinkin,' lousy, rotten ,no-good, lay-about, douche nozzles. 

No but they do have value as the scoring you mentioned. They just need a change of scenery it isn't like you're trading Jori Lehtera.

• Good Post 1