Parise and Suter bought out

Brewin Flames

The Dallas Stars are expected to sign defenseman Ryan Suter to a four-year contract, reports TSN's Darren Dreger. 

The exact details are not yet known, but it's believed to be in the $3-4 million range per year, Dreger adds

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, bbgarnett said:

I think this might be the first time I've heard of a player confirming his own signing before it's officially announced. 

When you've had the taste of being THE Boss and dictating things, how can give up on that... you can't, it's in your blood.

And Suter with a NMC... Goddamn, what are those clowns doing in Dallas. They sign and seal the deal with the same clause that was the very reason player was bought out to begin with?! 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Hockey-78 said:

And Suter with a NMC... Goddamn, what are those clowns doing in Dallas. They sign and seal the deal with the same clause that was the very reason player was bought out to begin with?!

Awful signing. The term, the length, the money, the clause; everything is wrong. And the worst is that contract is putting the Klingberg extension in jeopardy. If Klingberg cannot be re-signed, the Nill era will be over.

• Like 4

On 7/29/2021 at 9:50 AM, CreaseAndAssist said:

Suter also got a NMC in Dallas too.  (sigh)  Honestly, I hope the Wild just keep sending forecheckers at him all night.  I don't think he'll handle it well.  

Just saw this made me laugh out loud good one

• Like 1

On 9/2/2021 at 2:30 PM, Math said:

Awful signing. The term, the length, the money, the clause; everything is wrong. And the worst is that contract is putting the Klingberg extension in jeopardy. If Klingberg cannot be re-signed, the Nill era will be over.

Yea, I am sure they'll love how he'll extend his shifts too.  The NMC certainly demonstrated that someone totally was aloof to why he was bought out in Minnesota.  If that is what leads Nill out the door...its probably better for Dallas in the long run.  He's (Nill) been on borrowed time for the last few years IMO.

• Like 2