Jake Voracek is GONE!!!!!!

@flyercanuck

@radoran

2017 49 wins 107 points is a good team.

2014 43 wins 98 points

2015 46 wins 100 points

2018 45 wins 101 points

That's not sucking, that's not futility. 

Who else was good in their division at that time?

Chicago, with 3 generational talents acknowledged as one of the better teams of the last 10 years.

This stuff doesn't exist in a vacuum. 

Andy Roddick would have won a lot more titles had he not been contemporaries with Roger Federer.

• Like 3

Also I am treating the team's futility during the global pandemic as an outlier and not a trend.

It seems that many are taking the opposing view, and are in the process of allowing the worst case scenario in every instance to shape their attitude towards the players and team.

Oscar Lindblom won't get Ewing's Sarcoma again (god willing) and has had some time to rebuild the body mass lost during his treatment.

No one can tell me the guy we saw last season was in the same shape as the guy we saw start 19/20. This was guy the team was relying upon.

Travis Konecny was not himself, his career was trending upwards, coming off an all-star season where he was a catalyst for offense. He had a terrible year.

The team was hoping Nolan Patrick would contribute.

Ivan Provorov struggled

Kevin Hayes played through a core injury

Sean Couturier missed weeks with a knee injury

Dudes had COVID and were sick with it.

Fletcher saw flaws and is making changes to fix them.

Several guys that didn't play physically are no longer on the team, in their place are high compete players with skill. 

Myers wasn't hitting anyone, Voracek went out of his way to avoid contact, Patrick played a fragile game here, Ghost would hit a guy after he scored an empty netter.

I defended Patrick because he does have skill.

He's a dick with charisma though and I'll bet not having his sour puss in the room will be a huge improvement because people won't be affected by his ****** influence anymore. 

I think this team should be better, at the very least they will be harder to play against and most likely more entertaining. In the end that's what I'm looking for.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 2

28 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

2014 43 wins 98 points

Where are you getting that number? Final Standing in 2014-15 . Flyers miss playoffs.

image.png.3fbcf2626b709fd4c888783d9b75d31e.png

Do you mean 2013-14 Season? If so then yes they finished 3rd and lost in 1st round to NYR.

image.png.85805047a7b1af1996760850f68e1c6f.png

35 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

2015 46 wins 100 points

2015-16 Season final standings ... they make it as Final WC team. Lose in 1st RD to Capitals.

image.png.429e9a0b4480dcd606827da6f278ff63.png

2016-17 - They miss playoffs ...

image.png.943f7c13b74cd3796a24f3af05e0a6ce.png

2017 - 18  they lose to Pens in 1st round.

image.png.50c831e80c6b4fe7a10650517f9258d0.png

Not sure what you are trying to convey here?

Both the Pens and Caps had, for the most part, better records than the Flyers ....

14 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Where are you getting that number? Final Standing in 2014-15 . Flyers miss playoffs.

image.png.3fbcf2626b709fd4c888783d9b75d31e.png

Do you mean 2013-14 Season? If so then yes they finished 3rd and lost in 1st round to NYR.

image.png.85805047a7b1af1996760850f68e1c6f.png

2015-16 Season final standings ... they make it as Final WC team. Lose in 1st RD to Capitals.

image.png.429e9a0b4480dcd606827da6f278ff63.png

2016-17 - They miss playoffs ...

image.png.943f7c13b74cd3796a24f3af05e0a6ce.png

2017 - 18  they lose to Pens in 1st round.

image.png.50c831e80c6b4fe7a10650517f9258d0.png

Not sure what you are trying to convey here?

Both the Pens and Caps had, for the most part, better records than the Flyers ....

I'm talking about the Wild teams constructed by Chuck Fletcher.

2 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I'm talking about the Wild teams constructed by Chuck Fletcher.

Gotcha … sorry for confusion…

so the point totals you listed are for Wild teams ? If so … sorry my bad …i misread your post.

Just now, pilldoc said:

Gotcha … sorry for confusion…

so the point totals you listed are for Wild teams ? If so … sorry my bad …i misread your post.

They are, no worries. 

32 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

It seems that many are taking the opposing view, and are in the process of allowing the worst case scenario in every instance to shape their attitude towards the players and team.

DING! DING! DING!

We have a winner.

Unfortunately it seems to be the Philly way.

I admit I fall victim to this too.

A decade plus of futility will do that to a person...which explains how a guy like Risto must feel as a player.

And this can't be the case all the time.

Every year there is only one winner.

And now 31 losers...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

DING! DING! DING!

We have a winner.

Unfortunately it seems to be the Philly way.

I admit I fall victim to this too.

A decade plus of futility will do that to a person...which explains how a guy like Risto must feel as a player.

And this can't be the case all the time.

Every year there is only one winner.

And now 31 losers...

Read a few months ago: The Flyers are the first team ever to alternate making and missing the playoffs for 10 straight years. Not only Hockey, all 4 major sports!

• Uggh... 1

1 minute ago, jammer2 said:

Read a few months ago: The Flyers are the first team ever to alternate making and missing the playoffs for 10 straight years. Not only Hockey, all 4 major sports!

Wow ….. that some feat.

So they are a lock to make them this year.. 😉

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

Who else was good in their division at that time?

I looked back at the standings ....both the Blues / Preds were about even with the Wild when comes to wins and point totals.  The Hawks are obviously the outlier consider the make-up of the team.  I get your point now ..... again sorry for the confusion earlier ....

2 hours ago, jammer2 said:

They need to put that on a banner and raise it to the rafters!!!

:DancingGrape:

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Also I am treating the team's futility during the global pandemic as an outlier and not a trend.

Oscar Lindblom won't get Ewing's Sarcoma again (god willing) and has had some time to rebuild the body mass lost during his treatment.

No one can tell me the guy we saw last season was in the same shape as the guy we saw start 19/20. This was guy the team was relying upon.

Travis Konecny was not himself, his career was trending upwards, coming off an all-star season where he was a catalyst for offense. He had a terrible year.

The team was hoping Nolan Patrick would contribute.

Ivan Provorov struggled

Kevin Hayes played through a core injury

Sean Couturier missed weeks with a knee injury

Dudes had COVID and were sick with it.

Fletcher saw flaws and is making changes to fix them.

Several guys that didn't play physically are no longer on the team, in their place are high compete players with skill. 

Myers wasn't hitting anyone, Voracek went out of his way to avoid contact, Patrick played a fragile game here, Ghost would hit a guy after he scored an empty netter.

I defended Patrick because he does have skill.

He's a dick with charisma though and I'll bet not having his sour puss in the room will be a huge improvement because people won't be affected by his ****** influence anymore. 

I think this team should be better, at the very least they will be harder to play against and most likely more entertaining. In the end that's what I'm looking for.

I agree the team should be better next season. I would have bet on it before Homer Jr. started throwing away draft picks. I just don't get why the guy has to be on the losing end of every trade and free agent signing he makes...and then people defend the asshat. I honestly don't get how he has a job. At least not at the NHL level. Cashing in your chips so you can be mediocre for a few years...Christ, anyone can do that.

6 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Ever think part of the reason Buffalo sucked was cause this guy did? The guy was a high draft pick who was paid well and never earned it. Can't say I feel bad for him...I feel bad for fans of Buffalo.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Ever think part of the reason Buffalo sucked was cause this guy did? The guy was a high draft pick who was paid well and never earned it. Can't say I feel bad for him...I feel bad for fans of Buffalo.

HAHAHA!!!!

ONE GUY....all those high draft picks.

ONE GUY!!!

HAHAHAHA!!!!

I can't even respond to that...

🤣

18 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

HAHAHA!!!!

ONE GUY....all those high draft picks.

ONE GUY!!!

HAHAHAHA!!!!

I can't even respond to that...

🤣

If you can't respond, try reading my post again. I said "part of the reason". And he was. Spin it any way you want.

11 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

🤣

To be fair, a few advanced stats clearly indicate Ristos teammates have better corsi/possession stats when he is NOT on the ice. The rate of allowing easy zone entry is alarmingly high also. 

6 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

To be fair, a few advanced stats clearly indicate Ristos teammates have better corsi/possession stats when he is NOT on the ice. The rate of allowing easy zone entry is alarmingly high also. 

The advanced stats point to Risto as a huge contributor to the problem.  The eye test honestly doesn't disagree.  I think s LARGE portion of blame should be directed toward him, actually.

I'm hopeful a change helps him.  I just can't help thinking Philly isn't really the place where positive change usually happens.

• Like 2

Just now, ruxpin said:

The advanced stats point to Risto as a huge contributor to the problem.  The eye test honestly doesn't disagree.  I think s LARGE portion of blame should be directed toward him, actually.

I'm hopeful a change helps him.  I just can't help thinking Philly isn't really the place where positive change usually happens.

Actually, based on the shopping I've done in Philly, people there struggle to MAKE change.

6 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

I know it is the first thing everyone parrot's on the kid.

Advanced stats also said Seth Jones was terrible in his end too.

I understand they are tool many use to evaluate players i get it i have glanced at them from time to time but i don't buy into all of it, especially when a team has been so bad for so long. 

All i am going to judge him on is his time in Philly only

I'm nervous about his partner too because Sanheim makes me cringe a lot of the times when he has the puck near the crease.

He can go to the same school as Risto when it comes to learning to defend your end. In fact Sanheim was -22 and Risto was only -18......so you never know Chuckles might have to eventually get rid of the other half of the Charmin twins when all is said and done.

• Like 1

I had Ullmark in fantasy so I watched a bunch of games.  If advanced stats is "parroting," then whatever (I get it, actually), but he was maddeningly bad.  

I really do hope the change improves him, but I really have nothing legitimate to base that hope on.  Really just that I want the flyers to do well, so I HOPE a mountain of evidence and an entire career of crap, stupid play doesn't mean anything.

6 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I had Ullmark in fantasy so I watched a bunch of games.  If advanced stats is "parroting," then whatever (I get it, actually), but he was maddeningly bad.  

I really do hope the change improves him, but I really have nothing legitimate to base that hope on.  Really just that I want the flyers to do well, so I HOPE a mountain of evidence and an entire career of crap, stupid play doesn't mean anything.

I'm not saying he has had his share of bad plays i haven't watch alot of Sabre games but there is a lot in his game that i like 4 straight 40 point games. 

And just a few plays that i have already loved from him...

But he owes Carter Hart...

• Like 1

This is a play i like by him back when he had some of his best play playing with Jake McCabe.

I hope they can utilize him if not then yes a waste of picks...because he can walk after this year.

• Like 1