Flyers sign Martin Jones

3 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Pepsi Commercial Oops GIF

Meanwhile, back at the Martin Jones School of Goaltending...

Lead instructor:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_29WRBdtyz68/SkMpFbFQURI/AAAAAAAACKo/RQ3lJQYoGuE/s1600/kidd.jpg

1 hour ago, albertaflyer said:

It's a one year deal on a goalie that was a really good goalie when he had less work load. I would take a guess he's probably going to work his ass off for another pay day. Not like their stuck with him for 4 years.  Martin Jones is not going to be the difference between them winning the cup. If he is the Flyers have bigger problems with Hart then we thought. 

Less workload? His best years he was playing 65 games a year lol.

His effectiveness dropped when equipment changed and he could not adjust

Sharks fans just blew opened bottles of champagne because we signed James Reimer + hill and got rid of jones. Think about that lol

Edited by J0e Th0rnton
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, albertaflyer said:

It's a one year deal on a goalie that was a really good goalie when he had less work load. I would take a guess he's probably going to work his ass off for another pay day. Not like their stuck with him for 4 years.  Martin Jones is not going to be the difference between them winning the cup. If he is the Flyers have bigger problems with Hart then we thought. 

Might be the difference between making the playoffs or getting Hart hurt from overwork due to well-earned lack of trust from AV.

Might not.   My money is on might.

And his best years were not with light work load. His best years were heavy workload and heavy (and big) equipment.

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 1

I swear Fletch is trying to alternate good signings with terrible ones.... I guess making sure we don't get spoiled.  To keep us honest, so to speak.  Jesus... what can *possibly* be good about this signing.:frantics:

Edited by Mad Dog
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Sharks fans just blew opened bottles of champagne because we signed James Reimer + hill and got rid of jones. Think about that lol

We'll check back in after I have seen him play.

This is going to look genius or buffoon.

Results will verify.

Right now a lot looks questionable.

Maybe Chuckles isn't done.

Who needs Netfix...

:PopcornSmiley2:

43 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

I swear Fletch is trying to alternate good signings with terrible ones.... I guess making sure we don't get spoiled.  To keep us honest, so to speak.  Jesus... what can *possibly* be good about this signing.:frantics:

LOL, I thought the Same thing haha...I thought At least it's a minor bad signing in the grand scheme of things and I wonder what the next "Good" signing will be. 😄

• Like 2

Fletcher signs Martin Jones as backup?

Let's see, he's 31 with an .896 save percentage 3 years in a row....fits Fletchs criteria, that's for sure. 

We were terrible last year.

Fletcher, "Hold my beer

Gets the worst goalie in hockey with Keith Yandle and Ristolainen on D!

Brings in the slowest skater in all of hockey.(not just the NHL)

Again. 

It's like a comedy skit....only it's happening to our team.

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Like 2