Flyers sign Martin Jones

Just now, TimKerrFan12 said:

Listening to a radio show in Canada...I think it is Sportsnet, and they are having a good laugh over the Jones signing.

I know Jones hasn't done anything since he did the magical run with the Sharks in 2016. I was hoping that Fletcher would have signed Holtby instead since Hart and Holtby know each other and Holtby is better than Jones (Holtby ended signing with Dallas for the same cost). But maybe Holtby didn't want to come to Philly probably like a lot of other free agents.

RE; this signing.

Thank god he's the back-up.

Maybe Chuck is rethinking Carter Hart's workload?

The schedule being compressed made this an important thing to get right and this feels mostly "not that". 

Positive spin:

Jones was good/ spectacular a couple a 4 years ago, are his bad numbers and play a product of his team's slow circle of the drain ?

Not feeling real awesome about this.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TimKerrFan12 said:

Listening to a radio show in Canada...I think it is Sportsnet, and they are having a good laugh over the Jones signing.

I've had it on sportsnet all morning and they really never talked much about it. Basically reported it.  Not sure what would be funny about it.

28 minutes ago, albertaflyer said:

I've had it on sportsnet all morning and they really never talked much about it. Basically reported it.  Not sure what would be funny about it.

It's not funny as in entertaining. Funny as in they're (appropriately) laughing at us.  It's hard for it to be a worse signing.   They should have just put pads on Morin and called it a day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Idiot Facepalm GIF

Idiot GIF by Gordon Ramsay

Oh wait, that's a TWO-WAY contract according to TSN.  That's maybe not as bad.   They may not actually be finished.

Edited by ruxpin
Read something wrong. Disregard this.

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

RE; this signing.

Thank god he's the back-up.

Maybe Chuck is rethinking Carter Hart's workload?

The schedule being compressed made this an important thing to get right and this feels mostly "not that". 

Positive spin:

Jones was good/ spectacular a couple a 4 years ago, are his bad numbers and play a product of his team's slow circle of the drain ?

Not feeling real awesome about this.

Well Dillabaugh had him playing very sound before he landed that big contract in San Jose maybe he can whip him back into that shape or close to it.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well Dillabaugh had him playing very sound before he landed that big contract in San Jose maybe he can whip him back into that shape or close to it.

So this is another positive. This stupid move could actually work. 

1 minute ago, Podein25 said:

So this is another positive. This stupid move could actually work. 

Let's hope so. He worked wonders with him before.

And it is only for one year and he should be able to handle 25-30 games.

He is only 31 man I remember those days.

2 hours ago, albertaflyer said:

It was an afternoon show.  Maybe it wasn't Sportsnet.   They were laughing because they thought it was a bad signing obviously.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TimKerrFan12 said:

It was an afternoon show.  Maybe it wasn't Sportsnet.   They were laughing because they thought it was a bad signing obviously.

Only because it is.

44 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Only because it is.

It's a one year deal on a goalie that was a really good goalie when he had less work load. I would take a guess he's probably going to work his ass off for another pay day. Not like their stuck with him for 4 years.  Martin Jones is not going to be the difference between them winning the cup. If he is the Flyers have bigger problems with Hart then we thought. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, albertaflyer said:

It's a one year deal on a goalie that was a really good goalie when he had less work load. I would take a guess he's probably going to work his ass off for another pay day. Not like their stuck with him for 4 years.  Martin Jones is not going to be the difference between them winning the cup. If he is the Flyers have bigger problems with Hart then we thought. 

Yes Chuckles is feeling the heat so he is rolling the dice on a few of these guys.

It seems boom or bust.

I sure would love a deep playoff run.

Just can't take another year of shi tty hockey.

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup
  • Like 1