Here we go… Injuries already, add Hayes to the list

Samifan

2 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

He can still do this. 

Again, in LHV who is he behind on the depth chart?

Sandin?

Shusko?

I mean maybe Sandin who's played in the SHL.

He's going to play significant minutes as a Phantom too. 

Hey, I'm NOT arguing he shouldn't be in the A because he's not ready...I want him in the O because it gives Barrie a better shot at a championship! :devil:

• Haha 1

On 9/21/2021 at 4:08 PM, OccamsRazor said:

JVR-Coots-Farabee

Giroux-Frost-Atkinson

Lindblom-Laughton-TK

Brassaed-Thompson-NAK

Till healthy....

I like those lines OR.   You're in my head on this one.

1. The 1st line is a little concerning if JVR goes in a slump but Farabee and Coots can probably carry him for a while.
  2. Giroux helps Frost get to his potential, Atkinson pots 30+.  Giroux finally gets a finisher on his line.
  3. Lindblom came in healthier with more muscle.  He and TK have something to prove. 
  4. That 4th line will be a b!tch to play against. 
  • Like 2

On 9/21/2021 at 4:08 PM, OccamsRazor said:

JVR-Coots-Farabee

Giroux-Frost-Atkinson

Lindblom-Laughton-TK

Brassaed-Thompson-NAK

Till healthy....

Like @Digityman says, this looks like it could be effective.

That's also using "known quantities" only too. Could be a couple of guys really have strong camps and push one of the "olds" to #13.

Lasczinski or Sandin? 

I like the line of Laughton, TK and Lindblom. I know TK and Murder Face have good chemistry and a healthy Oscar can play with anyone.

the Bottom 6 looks like it would suck to play against. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Digityman said:

The 1st line is a little concerning if JVR goes in a slump but Farabee and Coots can probably carry him for a while.

This line played together the most last season. 222 minutes together.

Giroux, Coots and Jake were 2nd with 121 minutes.

Injuries during preseason games can change it up though.

14 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Like @Digityman says, this looks like it could be effective.

That's also using "known quantities" only too. Could be a couple of guys really have strong camps and push one of the "olds" to #13.

Lasczinski or Sandin? 

I like the line of Laughton, TK and Lindblom. I know TK and Murder Face have good chemistry and a healthy Oscar can play with anyone.

the Bottom 6 looks like it would suck to play against. 

AA seems to be leaning towards what you suggest...a lot of this all is fluid.

My

training camp "ones to watch":

1 Frost: His job to lose.

2 York: Potential to push Braun/Yandle to 7?

3 Laczynski: Can get in top 12, push vet to 13?

4 Sandin: 13th man? Or push NAK to 13?

5 Ersson: Will he cement spot as #3, 1st up if someone goes down? #Flyers

6 minutes ago, Digityman said:

No way York pushing Yandle.  I'll eat my shoe if he does.  

Braun on the other hand....

Yeah I learned never day never when it comes to sports...I'm sure many thought no way in hell someone ever wins 7 Super bowls as well...and we'll here we are.

:PopcornSmiley2:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Digityman said:

No way York pushing Yandle.  I'll eat my shoe if he does.  

Braun on the other hand....

I don't know man, York has ice water in his veins. He does not get rattled. A moment in camp will certainly not be too big for him.

I also think because he's LHD I don't know that he and Braun are competing for the same spot. 

• Like 2

Sorry, I'll clarify.  It's not that I don't think York might actually be better than Yandle at this point in his career, I just can't see Yandle not in the lineup because of coach choice.  If anything, I could see them make Braun the 7th because he would be a player/coach type.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Digityman said:

I just can't see Yandle not in the lineup because of coach choice. 

And besides it seems it would be bad press for his "new team" to break his iron man streak before he has even played a game....i think he needs 42 games to break the record and then you could see him sat if need be...not that i think his streak is a huge priority but man that seems like a dick move to do that unless extremely warranted.

:PopcornSmiley2:

• Annoyed 1

Sure sucks about Wade Allison I was hoping to see a lot more from him...sprained the same ankle that he broke (?) before. Hopefully he gets back soon he's only 23 he may still have a great career with the Flyers.

Sam Morin..at 27 (or 26?) dealing with yet another 6-8 week injury, same right knee....it got late early for him (ty Yogi).

Hayes out makes room for Frost, which is good by me bc I don't like Hayes. But I doubt Frost fills the spot. I haven't seen him play in awhile..a long while...maybe he's stronger now, ready to razzledazzle his way onto the scoresheet, become another Marty St Louis...but I'm not banking on it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Sure sucks about Wade Allison I was hoping to see a lot more from him...sprained the same ankle that he broke (?) before. Hopefully he gets back soon he's only 23 he may still have a great career with the Flyers.

Sam Morin..at 27 (or 26?) dealing with yet another 6-8 week injury, same right knee....it got late early for him (ty Yogi).

Hayes out makes room for Frost, which is good by me bc I don't like Hayes. But I doubt Frost fills the spot. I haven't seen him play in awhile..a long while...maybe he's stronger now, ready to razzledazzle his way onto the scoresheet, become another Marty St Louis...but I'm not banking on it.

I'm with you. I think I'm possibly higher on Frost than you, but he's definitely nearing put up or shut up time.