Here we go… Injuries already, add Hayes to the list

Samifan

4 minutes ago, fan4ever said:

Did Hayes wait until pre-season to get his surgery or what? Good Lord!

I think this is a separate injury, it was reported he had surgery early in the summer. 

Flyers' Kevin Hayes undergoes abdominal surgery, will miss 6-8 weeks | RSN (nbcsports.com)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fan4ever said:

Did Hayes wait until pre-season to get his surgery or what? Good Lord!

He said he felt something in his groin yesterday during their skate. Sounds like the same surgery I had. Six weeks I was back on the ice. Those first two weeks after surgery were pure hell. You don't realize how much you use your abs until a doctor cuts through them.

Well, it makes the Brassard pick-up more "relevant."  Or--it hands Mr. Frost or other an opportunity to spread his wings.  Injury news is never good.  This guy loses a brother, then suffers an injury when he's expected to have a comeback year.  There isn't much to say other than "ouch."

• Like 3

1 hour ago, albertaflyer said:

He said he felt something in his groin yesterday during their skate. Sounds like the same surgery I had. Six weeks I was back on the ice. Those first two weeks after surgery were pure hell. You don't realize how much you use your abs until a doctor cuts through them.

It's that top notch training staff and DR'S that the Flyers use. I've never seen a team other than the Flyers where players get surgery and then need another one a few months later. 

• Uggh... 1

42 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Well if Frost takes advantage of this and runs with it maybe it's a blessing in disguise. 

I’m kind of glad actually, now they are forced to use Frost. I hope he really plays great. Too bad about Allison , I was really looking forward to having a power forward on this team for some big PP goals in front. Maybe the chemistry of Frost and Foerester will be so good in pre season that we keep both of them.

Edited by RonJeremy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Maybe the chemistry of Frost and Foerester will be so good in pre season that we keep both of them.

I can see keeping him on the Phantoms since his contract will still slide unless he plays for the Flyers.

But his 10 goals (17 points) in 24 games makes me think yes - he is ready for stiffer competition.

But part of me knows if he is in Philly (or Leigh Valley) upper management will be tempted to rush him.

Because i can't just use stats to justify that, but if he looked like he was physically able to handle himself and can hit another gear in his development i'm all down for it...

...steel sharpens steel.

The only thing i have seen of him is highlights and clips and he has looked comfortable and not overwhelmed to my feeble brain.

Or maybe back to Barrie so @flyercanuck can enjoy him for one last season up close and personal.

:PopcornSmiley2:

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup

7 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Or maybe back to Barrie so @flyercanuck can enjoy him for one last season up close and personal.

I'm hoping. Barrie should have a really good team this year. But after how he played I'm thinking the Flyers keep him in the A. It's a rare occasion that they can.

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

I'm hoping. Barrie should have a really good team this year. But after how he played I'm thinking the Flyers keep him in the A. It's a rare occasion that they can.

Yes but they struggle to separate what is good for the team and what is good for the kid most times.

So for once I hope they do what is best long term for the kid, not the short term for the team.

I'll hold my breathe...

:w00t:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yes but they struggle to separate what is good for the team and what is good for the kid most times.

So for once I hope they do what is best long term for the kid, not the short term for the team.

I'll hold my breathe...

:w00t:

He sure looked like he was AHL ready. But he could also take a step back, you never know. It wouldn't hurt him one bit to dominate in the O on a pretty offensively gifted Colts team this year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

He sure looked like he was AHL ready. But he could also take a step back, you never know. It wouldn't hurt him one bit to dominate in the O on a pretty offensively gifted Colts team this year.

The Flyers should send him back to the OHL where he'll get lots of playing time on the Colts. I'm sure the Colts and Sudbury Wolves will be battling for 1st in the division.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lindbergh31 said:

The Flyers should send him back to the OHL where he'll get lots of playing time on the Colts. I'm sure the Colts and Sudbury Wolves will be battling for 1st in the division.

Who in Lehigh Valley will be playing ahead of him?

In every report I've read or listened to about Forrester, even from coach Laperrier, people think he's closer to the NHL, than people were expecting at his young age.

I think the experience of living like a young adult and not billeted with a family will be be beneficial, playing against men will be beneficial. 

I'd like to see him play for the Phantoms. The team can monitor and shape his development more easily, Lappy can start to teach him how he'll be expected to play for AV...I think Forrester is an exception to most 19 year olds in the Flyers system. I also think because last season was so odd, there are several kids with similar situations to Tyson's throughout the league.

Edited by mojo1917

8 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Who in Lehigh Valley will be playing ahead of him?

In every report I've read or listened to about Forrester, even from coach Laperrier, people think he's closer to the NHL, than people were expecting at his young age.

I think the experience of living like a young adult and not billeted with a family will be be beneficial, playing against men will be beneficial. 

I'd like to see him play for the Phantoms. The team can monitor and shape his development more easily, Lappy can start to teach him how he'll be expected to play for AV...I think Forrester is an exception to most 19 year olds in the Flyers system. I also think because last season was so odd, there are several kids with similar situations to Tyson's throughout the league.

He may well be AHL ready. But playing 25 minutes a night in the O and likely playing for Team Canada at the WJs certainly wouldn't hinder his development. 

22 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

likely playing for Team Canada at the WJs certainly wouldn't hinder his development. 

He can still do this. 

Again, in LHV who is he behind on the depth chart?

Sandin?

Shusko?

I mean maybe Sandin who's played in the SHL.

He's going to play significant minutes as a Phantom too. 

48 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

He can still do this. 

Again, in LHV who is he behind on the depth chart?

Sandin?

Shusko?

I mean maybe Sandin who's played in the SHL.

He's going to play significant minutes as a Phantom too. 

Plus his entry level contract wouldn't kick in till next season so a year in the AHL for free.

But I will sit on the fence on this and say whatever they think is best for him to get him where he needs to be.

• Like 1