Pre-Season #3: Caps at Flyers; 10/2/21 @ 7; NSP

Howie58

Greetings:

I haven't found odds.  Martin Jones is starting and playing the entire game.  He won't be facing Ovie, Oshie, or Carlson.  Hart gets the nod against Boston on Monday. 

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2021/10/01/capitals-announce-roster-for-preseason-game-against-flyers/

Hopefully, Farabee isn't the only scorer.  

Pretty good game by the Flyers tonight.  Jones didn't do anything spectacular in net but he was solid.  The veterans (Yandle, Brassard) showed lots of leadership and weren't taking any schitt from the Caps.  Risto was physical all night.  They only scored one on the power play but they had good puck movement and it looked good.  There were lots of odd man breaks for the Flyers capped off by Laughton's breakaway goal.  Overall, a good night!  If their play translates to the regular season and it will be a good year!

• Like 3

Son of Ming has looked good so far.

Flyers needed that grit....sad to say.

Brassard has been welcome too.

In fact everyone has. A lot to be better at but i can't articulate how i feel about their play.

Improved for now.

:PopcornSmiley2:

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon speaking
  • Like 2

For years Buffalo over used Risto and played him as their top guy when he should have been a 2nd pairing guy. He's in the perfect spot to excel now and he did just that tonight. 

and Jones was okay. That might be even more important. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

For years Buffalo over used Risto and played him as their top guy when he should have been a 2nd pairing guy. He's in the perfect spot to excel now and he did just that tonight. 

I agree. He's still got to learn to stop giving up scoring chances by going out of the way to throw a hit. But his physicality is needed.

5 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

and Jones was okay. That might be even more important. 

He was okay... against the Caps AHL squad.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I can never un see this.

:BrownBag:

Soyheim is built like Roger Thomas from What's Happening.  You can be a weakling and a defensive liability as long as your offensive game offsets your weak points. If you are rushing the puck ,setting up great plays and putting up points,  then its a trade off . So this is the season where Sanheim has to become an offensive force. He showed great playmakiing skill in juniors. If not, then Zamula or York will have his job next year.

8 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Sanheim has to become an offensive force.

Yes we are waiting for this...it surely would help offset how pissed i get when he is so soft and lost around his own goal.

As of right now he hasn't, like at one point last night he crept down to the top of the circle when a puck squirted out to him and he had a wide open top left shot on the goal and shanked it wide.

That is the frustrating part waiting for his offense to be more consistent but at 25 going on 26 i'm afraid he is a finished product...which isn't enough i my mind.

7 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yes we are waiting for this...it surely would help offset how pissed i get when he is so soft and lost around his own goal.

That is the frustrating part waiting for his offense to be more consistent but at 25 going on 26 i'm afraid he is a finished product...which isn't enough i my mind.

He had lots of highlight reel goals and setups in juniors if Risto can be very solid defensively,  then Sanheim can take some chances to create offense, but he has to put in the effort and have some confidence.  If he plays scared, then it's over for him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

He was okay... against the Caps AHL squad.

Exactly! Jones is a true Flyers goalie because I found myself once again holding my breath every time the opponent shoots.

Edited by Samifan
  • Haha 2
  • Good Post 1