2021-22 HF.net In-Season Discussion Thread (All Star / Conn Smythe)

pilldoc

9 hours ago, yave1964 said:

at one point yesterday we were actually tied 8-8

Who saw that coming?   At one point, for 5-10 minutes, I was actually up 9-7.   I knew it wouldn't last because you had me a huge disadvantage in man games, and I knew the couple I had playing would do nothing for me where I needed it.

Hopefully, I at least had you nervous for a nanosecond.   Well-played, sir.   

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Who saw that coming?   At one point, for 5-10 minutes, I was actually up 9-7.   I knew it wouldn't last because you had me a huge disadvantage in man games, and I knew the couple I had playing would do nothing for me where I needed it.

Hopefully, I at least had you nervous for a nanosecond.   Well-played, sir.   

I gotta admit when Suter scored for the Wings to ruin Knights shutout I was elated ad relieved. Your boys poured it on hard the last two days while my boys kind of took a few days to get a breather, lol. Great year Rux

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All star league

I am up 12-4 against @Hale but most categories are razor thin andcould go either way. Truth is I consider Hale as dangerous of an opponent as I could face, we think a lot alike with our rosters he just beat me to Gaudreau because the wife wanted to go to a damn flea market, lol. I cannot lie, I really, REALLY want this one, it would be my fourth in a row in this league which would be very satisfying but taking nothing for granted.

SMYTHE 

Playing @TropicalFruitGirl26 and up 9-5 currently. This is my second year in this league which I won last year, again it would be very nice. My big problem is my roster which won the league by what has to be a record 101 points (!) is decimated, I have lost for the year the following

Horvat

Scheifele

Larkin

Blckwood

Landeskog

Nurse (? not sure how long he is out)

Tanev

Jenner

So I am running a roster that is a shell of what won the presidents trophy and desperately trying to hold on by my fingernails against a very spunky Bronze owls club. 

This two week thing is a nail biter in both leagues. I am trying to hold a few moves in both for the last few days but it seems i lose a player every day to injury so that isnt working too well.  

1 minute ago, yave1964 said:

All star league

I am up 12-4 against @Hale but most categories are razor thin andcould go either way. Truth is I consider Hale as dangerous of an opponent as I could face, we think a lot alike with our rosters he just beat me to Gaudreau because the wife wanted to go to a damn flea market, lol. I cannot lie, I really, REALLY want this one, it would be my fourth in a row in this league which would be very satisfying but taking nothing for granted.

SMYTHE 

Playing @TropicalFruitGirl26 and up 9-5 currently. This is my second year in this league which I won last year, again it would be very nice. My big problem is my roster which won the league by what has to be a record 101 points (!) is decimated, I have lost for the year the following

Horvat

Scheifele

Larkin

Blckwood

Landeskog

Tanev

Jenner

So I am running a roster that is a shell of what won the presidents trophy and desperately trying to hold on by my fingernails against a very spunky Bronze owls club. 

This two week thing is a nail biter in both leagues. I am trying to hold a few moves in both for the last few days but it seems i lose a player every day to injury so that isnt working too well.  

It's been a good match up so far.
If it were only a week, I'd say you have this because you have some cats pretty well covered.

However, the extra week may give me time to catch up some, and time for your guys to lull a bit.

Great work on the peripherals by your guys!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

It's been a good match up so far.
If it were only a week, I'd say you have this because you have some cats pretty well covered.

However, the extra week may give me time to catch up some, and time for your guys to lull a bit.

Great work on the peripherals by your guys!

That is what I build my team around every year, Shots/Hits/PIMs/Blocks/Faceoffs. I call it my firewall, If I can go 5-0 or at worst 4-1 in those five cats it makes it pretty hard for someone to beat me unless my goaltending completely falls off a cliff. This year because offense was up so much I finally broke down and started adding some offensive players but went for guys like Landeskog who is a five cat guy or Conner who has a ridiculous amount of shots on goal almost every night. Another cat I have tried to won all year is total saves by my goalie which I win every week, I will pick up a scrub like Lankinen for his 40 shot night and then drop him to make certain I lock up that category. So counting that, if I go 6-0 it takes a crazy great week in pretty much all other cats by my opponent to beat me. I would rather have a Kuraly or Lawry than a Johnny Gaudreau, you will never, ever see Gaudreau or one dimensional players like him on my team, I dont want his 100 hollow points, as that is all he contributes. 

(sound of me climbing off my soap box, tripping, falling and skinning my knee, lol)

13 hours ago, yave1964 said:

All star league

SMYTHE 

Horvat

Scheifele

Larkin

Blckwood

Landeskog

Tanev

Jenner

‘19-‘20 we finished 1-2. ‘20-‘21 you beat me in the Finals. Now ‘21-‘22 we’re back at it! Good times. I’m going to need a lot of luck, your team can really grind others down. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

@yave1964

We are running down the stretch, deadlocked at 7-7-4.... good luck, Sir, the rest of the week.
Been a good ride for us both in these playoffs and you continue to set the standard in FHL gaming for the rest of us, no matter what happens!

I would be lying if I said winning wasnt important, but if you win your first title against me, well, I cannot think of anyone I would rather lose too lol. Good luck the rest of theway!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congrats to @TropicalFruitGirl26on a great year, I snuck past her 10-8 in the championship game, barely beating her, winning the faceoff cat by 1 (!) and blocks by 3 (!) so this one couldnt have been tighter. Holy cow what a matchup. That is two in a row for me in Smythe that could have went either way.  

In All Star we both have a few players left on  Monday game and I am up 10-7 entering that game. most Cats are already decided one way or the other. This one has been epic, @Hale has been pushing me throughout this matchup. I almost riped up my signed Eric comrie ITG card the other night with his BS shutout, lol. I am not quite ready to call this one but I feel pretty good with only one game to go, it would be four in a row and in the nine years I have been in this league my fifth title and eight in the finals, the year I missed the finals I won the presidents trophy and was upset in the first round (grrrr). Anyway, good luck Hale on Monday, still one game to go so still not counting my chickens.

11 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Congrats to @TropicalFruitGirl26on a great year, I snuck past her 10-8 in the championship game, barely beating her, winning the faceoff cat by 1 (!) and blocks by 3 (!) so this one couldnt have been tighter. Holy cow what a matchup. That is two in a row for me in Smythe that could have went either way.  

In All Star we both have a few players left on  Monday game and I am up 10-7 entering that game. most Cats are already decided one way or the other. This one has been epic, @Hale has been pushing me throughout this matchup. I almost riped up my signed Eric comrie ITG card the other night with his BS shutout, lol. I am not quite ready to call this one but I feel pretty good with only one game to go, it would be four in a row and in the nine years I have been in this league my fifth title and eight in the finals, the year I missed the finals I won the presidents trophy and was upset in the first round (grrrr). Anyway, good luck Hale on Monday, still one game to go so still not counting my chickens.

Good match, @yave1964  and congrats...but....

1833825680_tenor(1).gif.6afe0ca97555ad9898b25568377d960f.gif           😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Somehow I weaseled my way into the Finals but D&D and S/S could easily have been there also. Great League and Foil should be very proud of their success. Thanks so much for having me in the League. Have a great summer. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hale said:

HEY FOIL!! Congrats! Mickey’s Gang tips their hat to you. Enjoy that trophy cuz next year…

806ABD1E-4823-4268-81F8-71508255EDDD.gif

fOUR IN A ROW! Man, I gotta tell ya, there are so many great owners in this league that every year my margin of victory gets smaller and smaller, Hell, I won the Presidents trophy by one point, lol. I HATED my draft position, got the number one pick and took McJesus who I never wanted. Truth, I shoulda taken Draisatl because he qualifies at multiple positions and gets more faceoffs, but meh, traded him away because I prefer to try to win without having elite superstars on the club.

Anyway, congrats dude, great season, many more to come, the challenge will be difficult as I go for one for the thumb. you, joe, dumba, Rux, the rest, wow what a great league.

• Thanks 1

Congrats all its been a great season. Glad to finally be in a league where people are active all season and don't drop out a month or 2 in. Currently dealing with that in fantasy baseball. Season starts and probably 4-5 teams not even doing anything.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• pilldoc locked and unpinned this topic