Minnesota Wild vs Ottawa Senators, Tuesday 11-2-2-21, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

https://thesportsdaily.com/?p=1241101

Minnesota Wild (5-3-0)  10pts  3rd in the Central

2.75 Goals For Per Game (19th in the NHL)

3.25 Goals Against Per Game (23rd in the NHL)

19.2% Power Play (19th in the NHL)

73.5% Penalty Kill (25th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #17 Marcus Foligno ~ 2G 4A = 6pts

2. #97 Kirill Kaprizov ~ 0G 6A = 6pts

3. #24 Matthew Dumba ~ 1G 4A = 5pts

4. #38 Ryan Hartman ~ 4G 0A = 4pts

5. #14 Joel Eriksson Ek ~ 3G 1A = 4pts

Top 3 PIM's:

1. #17 Marcus Foligno ~ 30 PIM's

2. #21 Brandon Duhaime ~ 19 PIM's

3. #24 Matthew Dumba ~ 8 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:

1. #33 Cam Talbot (5-2-0)  2.55GAA  .912SV%

2. #34 Kaapo Kahkonen (0-1-0)  5.36GAA  .828SV%

Vs.

Ottawa Senators (3-5-0)  6pts  7th in the Atlantic

2.50 Goals For Per Game (21st in the NHL)

3.13 Goals Against Per Game (20th in the NHL)

23.1% Power Play (13th in the NHL)

72.7% Penalty Kill (26th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #19 Drake Batherson ~ 4G 4A = 8pts

2. #9 Josh Norris ~ 5G 1A = 6pts

3. #63 Tyler Ennis ~ 1G 4A = 5pts

4. #28 Connor Brown ~ 1G 4A = 5pts

5. #71 Chris Tierney ~ 4G 0A = 4pts

Top 3 PIM's:

1. #7 Brady Tkachuk ~ 17 PIM's

2. #3 Josh Brown ~ 7 PIM's

3. #21 Nick Paul ~ 7 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:

1. #31 Anton Forsberg (1-2-0)  4.80GAA  .885SV%

2. #32 Filip Gustavsson (2-1-0)  2.23GAA  .932SV%

3. #30 Matt Murray (0-2-0)   2.78GAA  .897SV%

• Like 2

Totally agree. It should be a game in which the Wild should absolutely look like the much better team. They might have a red hot goalie, or Batherson might score from anywhere, and the Wild could lose the game - such is sports - but there should be no question about which team is the better one. We'll see how it goes. And I really expect Kap and Fiala to start earning their pay in this one.

• Like 2

Watched a couple of Senators games, and they are a pain in the a$$ to play against. They play fast, relentless hockey and are really improved compared to last year. They are still young and have major brain cramps at some point, the goaltending is still inconsistent and Chabot has to play all the roles. Overall, they are fun to watch. Honestly, I quite like this team and the direction it is taking.

• Like 3

Agree. Not a simple one team, but for us it should be a must win game on valuable getting points. How about this? Kaprizov and Fiala's double troubles scoring should be transformed into a double hat tricks in front of our fans. Their scoring production should start from tonight game. 

• Like 1

I just looked for players stats who did the most shots towards the net so far in 8 games:

Kaprizov and Hartman each had 26 shots; Dumba  25 shots and Fiala 24 shots. The other players had much less. Interesting also, Hartman has 4 goals, but 0 assists. Kaprizov has 0 goals, but 6 superb assists. I or 2 assists he had for Hartman's goals. Hartman plays as a center for a 2nd line (with Greenway and Foligno) and EEK for the 1st line (with Kaprizov and Zuccarello). Last season Hartman played as a center for 2nd line with Kaprizov and Zuccarello. Maybe we should put Kaprizov - Hartman - Zuccarello together again as a 2nd line and make a 1st line as it was last season Greenway-EEK-Foligno? It seems chemistry was better that way last season. When Zuccarello is not available, then we should try on his place Beckman who had 3 shots during his 1st NHL game to a 2nd line ( Kaprizov-Hartman- Beckman); and for the 1st line we should try to use Fiala (because Greenway is not available) together with EEK and Foligno. Players who are capable to shoot a lot should be placed in first 2 lines. I think EEK and Foligno could provide well to Fiala with assists and do some physical work. We did see that before in previous seasons.

About a 3rd and 4th lines I am not sure yet, because of so many new players we have without a built up chemistry between each other. But we need to build this chemistry as soon as possible. First of all , we should look for players who are shooting the most and fast enough to do their job with accuracy of passing and shooting towards the net.

We can use this break for building some nice chemistry during the practice , between tonight game and Saturday game against tough Pittsburg.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alexandron said:

I just looked for players stats who did the most shots towards the net so far in 8 games:

Kaprizov and Hartman each had 26 shots; Dumba  25 shots and Fiala 24 shots. The other players had much less. Interesting also, Hartman has 4 goals, but 0 assists. Kaprizov has 0 goals, but 6 superb assists. I or 2 assists he had for Hartman's goals. Hartman plays as a center for a 2nd line (with Greenway and Foligno) and EEK for the 1st line (with Kaprizov and Zuccarello). Last season Hartman played as a center for 2nd line with Kaprizov and Zuccarello. Maybe we should put Kaprizov - Hartman - Zuccarello together again as a 2nd line and make a 1st line as it was last season Greenway-EEK-Foligno? It seems chemistry was better that way last season. When Zuccarello is not available, then we should try on his place Beckman who had 3 shots during his 1st NHL game to a 2nd line ( Kaprizov-Hartman- Beckman); and for the 1st line we should try to use Fiala (because Greenway is not available) together with EEK and Foligno. Players who are capable to shoot a lot should be placed in first 2 lines. I think EEK and Foligno could provide well to Fiala with assists and do some physical work. We did see that before in previous seasons.

About a 3rd and 4th lines I am not sure yet, because of so many new players we have without a built up chemistry between each other. But we need to build this chemistry as soon as possible. First of all , we should look for players who are shooting the most and fast enough to do their job with accuracy of passing and shooting towards the net.

We can use this break for building some nice chemistry during the practice , between tonight game and Saturday game against tough Pittsburg.

Probably a 3rd line (Gaudreau-Sturm-Bjugstad) will look effective, because Sturm and Bjugstad played together last season;

And a 4th line could be build from our AHL players which are very tough and played well together there, even during the last season:

Rau- Duhaime-Dewar.

• Like 1

*Raises Hand* :P
Watching a bit of the World Series and hoping the Braves will win since it's been 30 freakin years since the Twins won a Championship.
Hoping for better play tonight, No stupid game changing penalties and maybe a 5-2 score (Win this time) enough not to pull goalies.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

*Raises Hand* :P
Watching a bit of the World Series and hoping the Braves will win since it's been 30 freakin years since the Twins won a Championship.
Hoping for better play tonight, No stupid game changing penalties and maybe a 5-2 score (Win this time) enough not to pull goalies.

This sounds a great idea to predict a score by fans in each game thread  before the game is starting (not during the game). The winner will be determined after the game.

Your win score 5:2 sounds very reasonable. 

I would like to predict a slightly higher score 6:4 (of course, our win) on home ice. 🏒 :bigteeth:

Let's go WILD!

• Like 2

I am just hoping Minnesota comes out fully prepared.

Ottawa certainly will.
The Sens will be pretty damned good before too long and you can see the seeds of that with the players they have now, and the effort level they put in every night.
These guys aren't the Sens of a few seasons ago that 'mailed in' games.... these guys are serious each and every game.

To automatically assume this should be a Minnesota win is short sided.

Complete team effort by the Wild, everyone all in, guys finishing checks (and scoring chances when presented), and yea, they can frustrate these young Senators and get the win.
Here is to that being the case.
Character building game for the boys in green.

Go Wild!

1 minute ago, wildstars95 said:

should be a boring game but tkachuk vs duhaime would be cool to watch 🤟

Foligno and the boys may have their hands full with more than just Tkachuk.
Senators, as a team, LOVE to finish checks.

Watch Josh Norris and Nick Paul up front for the Sens...skilled playmakers, but also hitters.