Minnesota Wild vs Dallas Stars, Thursday 11-18-21, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

6 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Old enough to remember when life wasn't full of Humorless jag-offs that would censor Murphy, Pryor, Miller, Carlin, etal.  Older than a 1/2 century, and old enough to remember a few Malt Liquor bulls to watch Bruins/North Stars tilt with half of the team(s ) suspended before the opening face-off in the playoffs - if you recall that era 

I love George Carlin 

Just now, EmptyShelf said:

Ooooh.  We are creating a movement complete with anarchy.  Not the bowels kind, either.  I expect a visit from the Mod shortly.😳

No politics involved, it's past 10pm CT, it's a Wild game thread; you'll be fine :lol:

Let's drop the gloves: I just saw Minnesota native Riley Tufte who was supposed to play for the Stars in front of his family, a "dream come true" according to him in his pregame presser.

For whatever reason, Bowness scratched him just before the game to put the useless and invisible Kiviranta at his place. Nice stab in the back and very good to give the kid some confidence, as if bottom-6 players were the cause of the Stars' current woes. It's crazy at what point he doesn't trust the young players and prospects. See Peterson be send down in the AHL because he scored a goal and deviate from the ****** defensive-minded gameplan. A very good plan by the way.

That's the drop that makes the vase overflow. I'm done with him, **** Bowness.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

The Stars are an old team over the hill, that has made itself worse by acquiring Suter. To make it worse, Hintz has not delivered. I don't know what is wrong with him.

I hope Kaprizov gets over his slump in this game. Robertson finished second in the race for the Calder Trophy. Maybe that competition from last season will wake him up.

5-2 Wild win.

I think you are the winner in predicting the most closest score of this game. As well as Kaprizov did go over his slump in this game too and was the biggest producer 4 points (1 goal and 3 assists).

20 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

I think you are the winner in predicting the most closest score of this game. As well as Kaprizov did go over his slump in this game too and was the biggest producer 4 points (1 goal and 3 assists).

Kaprizov hopefully fully back in track now.

The one thing I didn't have any kind of hunch about was Rask. 1 goal, 2 assists, plus/minus +4. He's just so slow that he should not be able to play in the NHL of today, but somehow he just does. It's like a bumblebee flying. Impossible, but somehow it still flies.

Kaprizov is obviously hell of a talent. He's like a wild horse: you can to control him, but only with parcimony at an optimal touch. I think the main challenge is not him as a player, it is how you coach him and how much freedom do you let to him and how do you balance this with your team system that has to be responsible defensively at some point.

1 hour ago, Math said:

Kaprizov is obviously hell of a talent. He's like a wild horse: you can to control him, but only with parcimony at an optimal touch. I think the main challenge is not him as a player, it is how you coach him and how much freedom do you let to him and how do you balance this with your team system that has to be responsible defensively at some point.

Out of reactions. Good post.

13 hours ago, Math said:

Agree. Good post. Another player who should have more freedom from the coach is a new discovery for me is Rem Pitlick. His goal in that game is his part of an outstanding performance.

4 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Agree. Good post. Another player who should have more freedom from the coach is a new discovery for me is Rem Pitlick. His goal in that game is his part of an outstanding performance.

Over the years I've become so accustomed to us picking meh players, be they draft picks, rentals or claimed from the waivers, that to me Pitlick came totally from under the radar. The guy can skate, shoot and deke, and play the body. How seemingly effortless was it how he left Seguin behind him when scoring that last goal of his!! Is this a new Wild, Judd Brackett having his hand behind this? It's looking pretty damn good for us :)

10 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

Over the years I've become so accustomed to us picking meh players, be they draft picks, rentals or claimed from the waivers, that to me Pitlick came totally from under the radar. The guy can skate, shoot and deke, and play the body. How seemingly effortless was it how he left Seguin behind him when scoring that last goal of his!! Is this a new Wild, Judd Brackett having his hand behind this? It's looking pretty damn good for us :)

Pitlick's goal was a beauty. Very similar to Kaprizov skills able to do. Definitely he has undiscovered yet in full talent to show for our fans. Like I said before he could be a promising candidate for a Calder trophy this season if he will be consistent in his production. We have plenty of games left for improving his stats.

10 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

18 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Pitlick's goal was a beauty. Very similar to Kaprizov skills able to do. Definitely he has undiscovered yet in full talent to show for our fans. Like I said before he could be a promising candidate for a Calder trophy this season if he will be consistent in his production. We have plenty of games left for improving his stats.

I'm all for Pitlick having himself a good campaign and helping the Wild in any way he can (he has very much so to this point!), but Calder trophy?
Not so sure about that.

Stiff competition in that area.
Lucas Raymond and Moritz Seider in Detroit.... Trever Zegras in Anaheim....Anton Lundell in Florida....Cole Sillinger in Columbus....Bowen Byram in Colorado.
Just some of the guys who I think will ultimately end up with better numbers over the course of a season.

Not a slight against Pitlick at all, mind you.
Rem looks to be a more rounded package that does a bit of everything for our team, not necessarily extreme in any one area, and I am fine with that.

In fact, if both he and Duhaime, in their rookie seasons can just continue to plug away, chip in whatever offense they can, while doing other good things away from the puck and just playing smart hockey, I will be a happy camper with them both.

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26