Minnesota Wild @ Tampa Bay Lightning, Sunday 11-21-21, 4:00pm, Amalie Arena

MNSOTA

1 minute ago, TallyTigerShark said:

Wow!! This team has some character and doesn’t quit! Great point on the road. Now get some good rest and prepare for a tough Jersey team.

Any word on how long Spurgeon will be out? Is this a day-to-day deal?

I too am ready to see more of Addison.

I asked the same thing earlier, No info yet.

14 minutes ago, TallyTigerShark said:

Wow!! This team has some character and doesn’t quit! Great point on the road. Now get some good rest and prepare for a tough Jersey team.

Any word on how long Spurgeon will be out? Is this a day-to-day deal?

I too am ready to see more of Addison.

12 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

I asked the same thing earlier, No info yet.

It's pretty nebulous right now, guys.

Only info I can gather, or what the team is allowing out at this point is, "he is being evaluated over the next couple of days".

Hopefully won't be too long.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Sadly Spot on. 👍

Thanks. I even did not think that I will be the winner in predicting the right score. Practically never happened before. Sad that we did not win, but we have a valuable point for us. I am also glad that we were able to compete pretty well against 2 the best teams in NHL for 2 days in a row. Good sign. We are in the right direction, because we are practically do not quit since the beginning of this season, IMO. Glad also, Fiala had 2 points during this game.

Wild's Late Game Heroics Come Up Short in 5-4 Shootout Loss to the Lightning

They have been entertaining games to watch, even encouraging on some levels but is that good enough?  I consider that question and also discuss the Iowa Wild, prospect news too!  

Good to see Fiala finally rewarded for his hard work.  Now its Greenway's turn.  I sometimes wish we'd give Rem Pitlick some time with the man advantage where I think his shot could provide some trouble for opponents.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Wild's Late Game Heroics Come Up Short in 5-4 Shootout Loss to the Lightning

They have been entertaining games to watch, even encouraging on some levels but is that good enough?  I consider that question and also discuss the Iowa Wild, prospect news too!  

Good to see Fiala finally rewarded for his hard work.  Now its Greenway's turn.  I sometimes wish we'd give Rem Pitlick some time with the man advantage where I think his shot could provide some trouble for opponents.  

Agree regarding Pitlick. It seems he could be a nice finisher because of his accurate shot. In my opinion, he should be used with a man advantage situations as well as in SO. All his goals showed his high potential as individual shooter. Probably, on a list of those ones he could be a 3rd one after Kaprizov and Fiala.

• Like 1

How about that. Never quit, never stop. FLA was a tougher opponent. With a little bit of luck we could have wins against TBL right now.

4th line and Merrill negative again, but only just. Kahkonen with a point. Dismal save percentage of .833 though. With a rested Talbot, Addison in place of Merrill, and the 4th line with an added veteran presence we could show NJ that they are not that tough a team yet.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

How about that. Never quit, never stop. FLA was a tougher opponent. With a little bit of luck we could have wins against TBL right now.

4th line and Merrill negative again, but only just. Kahkonen with a point. Dismal save percentage of .833 though. With a rested Talbot, Addison in place of Merrill, and the 4th line with an added veteran presence we could show NJ that they are not that tough a team yet.

I still think we are so far the toughest version of the Wild team in their history.  With a better goalies stats of GAA we could be a good Stanley Cup contender team. I like also that we added in addition to Foligno another warrior Duhaime. And we have in our farmers reserve very promising prospects as well Boldy, Rossi, Beckman, Addison. Hope to see the first two in a tryout of the main roster before the Christmas time this year.

Regarding the game against NJ, for us it should a must win game. They were able to beat Lightning team and we were close to beat them too. 

17 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

I thought we showed we could play well against 2 top teams. We play similar and vs NJ should be a win. I'd take a 1-1-1 road trip in this case, Given the so called 'easier'  competition up to this road trip.

I don't pay much attention to GAA's or Save % given the heavily used pull the goalie love coaches have. We've for once been on the plus side of it but it shouldn't count towards the goalie stats...Imo.
I've never been a fan of pulling the goalie early but for some reason we have some real magic going this year. It can't last forever but how about avoiding the situation entirely and put some of that effort in the PP's? 

I don't know what our PP is trying to do. Sometimes I think they don't even have a plan, but they have plans even for faceoffs so that's clearly not true. The one thing though is the lack of goal scorers in the style of Ovechkin, Stamkos, Selanne. The guys with only scoring in mind and the skill to do it regularly. Boldy could be a first and foremost a goal scorer. We have too many passers.

11 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

I don't know what our PP is trying to do. Sometimes I think they don't even have a plan, but they have plans even for faceoffs so that's clearly not true. The one thing though is the lack of goal scorers in the style of Ovechkin, Stamkos, Selanne. The guys with only scoring in mind and the skill to do it regularly. Boldy could be a first and foremost a goal scorer. We have too many passers.

Still not sure if Boldy could be a foremost goal scorer. He did not show a huge scoring ability during pre-season games before his injury.